The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scary killers

+9
The Best in the World
superflyweight
Galted
Adam D
Stella
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
jimmyinthewell68
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

scary killers  Empty scary killers

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:39 am

in the film no country for old men   , javier bardem played sadistic  coin tossing hitman  anton chigurh. the guy really creeped me out and Im  not embarrassed to say scared me . so my question to you what HUMAN killer had you hiding behind the sofa

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

scary killers  Empty Re: scary killers

Post by Guest Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:48 am

None cos I'm not a big girl's blouse...man up!

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:51 am

Matther MCounghey (spelling) in Killer Joe is farily unsettling

But you potentially do need to strap a pair on...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:55 am

Physically strapping on a pair might suit him better.

"OOh da scary man on da telly done bad fings to the people!"

Matther MCounghey might be one of the best names I've heard. Sounds more like an African Prince but nevertheless I like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:01 pm

I am generally more scared of potential killers in the street than actors on my TV, but that said, Hannibal Lector is the most scariest 'killer' in filmland.

The very fact he is a portly Englishman who doesn't dribble, has no tattoos and speaks with intellect and eloquence makes him the most sinister of the lot. Something more real about him. The quiet voice whilst he is talking about eating someones liver. Chilling.

Then he turns, has a sadistic smile as he smashes a guards face in with a truncheon and then hangs him up by his cell with his innards spilling out. The Angel of Death scene.

Hopkins finest moment and quite simply the best portrayal of a serial killer you will find.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:05 pm

Has anyone seen Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer. Michael Rooker's portrayal in that is about as scary as it gets in a film, pure 100% psycho

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:06 pm

Rowley wrote:Has anyone seen Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer. Michael Rooker's portrayal in that is about as scary as it gets in a film, pure 100% psycho
Yep, good shout Jeffrey.

More physically (leave it Dave) intimidating than Hopkins, that is for sure.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:11 pm

The kids in 'Them' were a little disturbing.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I am generally more scared of potential killers in the street than actors on my TV, but that said, Hannibal Lector is the most scariest 'killer' in filmland.

The very fact he is a portly Englishman who doesn't dribble, has no tattoos and speaks with intellect and eloquence makes him the most sinister of the lot.  Something more real about him.  The quiet voice whilst he is talking about eating someones liver.  Chilling.

Then he turns, has a sadistic smile as he smashes a guards face in with a truncheon and then hangs him up by his cell with his innards spilling out.  The Angel of Death scene.

Hopkins finest moment and quite simply the best portrayal of a serial killer you will find.
I thought Bryan Cox was Scottish? Wink 

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:20 pm

Hopkins is Welsh Very Happy 
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Patrick Bateman in American Psycho (though probably more influenced by the book version).

@ Rowley - the characters are actually loosely based on Henry Lee Lucas and Otis Toole, real-life serial killers who broke the mould.  I tend to find characters based on real-life killers more creepy, David Berkowitz and John Reginald Christie (Summer of Sam & 10 Rillington Place) for instance - there's something a bit more unsettling knowing that it's based on truth.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:28 pm

Very true Galted. There used to be a version of the film, which I believe was released in America which featured an interview with Lucas over the closing credits. Now there is a guy not quite playing with a full deck. Served to double the impact of the film.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:29 pm

i am fascinated with real life serial killers but none of the films made are any good . .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Films based on real life events are definitely more creepier. Is the texas chainsaw massacre based on Ed Gein?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:36 pm

yes didnt ed gein wear a human face mask because he wanted to be a woman . same really with buffalo bill

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:39 pm

Stella wrote:Hopkins is Welsh Very Happy 
Good shout, Stella. My apologies to the Welsh.

Bryan Cox was actually excellent in Manhunter, Adam. Not as good as Hopkins but still a very good performance.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:40 pm

Rowley wrote:Very true Galted. There used to be a version of the film, which I believe was released in America which featured an interview with Lucas over the closing credits. Now there is a guy not quite playing with a full deck. Served to double the impact of the film.
If a decent film was ever made about the Mad Butcher of the Kingsbury Run he would be an automatic choice for me as number one.  Apologies for assuming you knew nothing about Henry Lee Lucas when I posted.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:41 pm

Brian Cox was at school with my dad.  My dad's scarier.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:41 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Good shout, Stella.  My apologies to the Welsh.

Bryan Cox was actually excellent in Manhunter, Adam.  Not as good as Hopkins but still a very good performance.
I think Lecter is supposed to be Hungarian or Lithuanian so redirect your apology Tino.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:45 pm

I'm sure in Manhunter his surname is spelled Lektor. That's scarier than the soft "C" version.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:45 pm

Galted wrote:

Bryan Cox was actually excellent in Manhunter, Adam.  Not as good as Hopkins but still a very good performance.
I think Lecter is supposed to be Hungarian or Lithuanian so redirect your apology Tino.
Lets not get caught up in the nationality of Lecter but instead all come to an agreement that the only thing that matters is that Tino was wrong.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:45 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:same really with buffalo bill
Buffalo Bill was actually based on 3 different serial killers, Ed Gein was one of them. I can't remember the other two without looking it up but it definitely based aspects from 3 killers.

On that note, Ted Levine's portrayal of Bill is brilliant as well. Overshadowed by Lector and he isn't actually on screen all that much, but it is creepily effective when he is. The bit when he is putting his make-up on to Q-Lazzarus singing Goodbye Horses whilst Catherine is down the well screaming is freaky. The fact his is wearing the skinned head and hair of one his victims adds to the scene somewhat.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Adam D wrote:
Galted wrote:

Lets not get caught up in the nationality of Lecter but instead all come to an agreement that the only thing that matters is that Tino was wrong.

Yes alright, I was wrong. Apologies to the people of wherever the fictional character of Hannibal Lector or the very real Anthony Hopkins come from.

I am not aplogising to superflys dad though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Ted bundy the film was rubbish .not seen it for ages but you prob could put it on daytime tv

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:51 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:Ted bundy  the film was rubbish .not seen it for ages but you prob could put it on daytime tv
That was a sh1tty made for tv movie (Bundy is also one of the killers who make up Buffalo Bill to partly answer Tino's question - the plaster cast bit in the van).

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:52 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:same really with buffalo bill
Buffalo Bill was actually based on 3 different serial killers, Ed Gein was one of them.  I can't remember the other two without looking it up but it definitely based aspects from 3 killers.

On that note, Ted Levine's portrayal of Bill is brilliant as well.  Overshadowed by Lector and he isn't actually on screen all that much, but it is creepily effective when he is.  The bit when he is putting his make-up on to Q-Lazzarus singing Goodbye Horses whilst Catherine is down the well screaming is freaky.  The fact his is wearing the skinned head and hair of one his victims adds to the scene somewhat.
silence of the lambs is one of my fav top films . brilliantly acted great story great book and generally creepy .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:54 pm

I am not aplogising to superflys dad though..
That's one more bottle winging its way through the air towards you the next time you visit Scotland.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:55 pm

Galted wrote:
jimmyinthewell68 wrote:Ted bundy  the film was rubbish .not seen it for ages but you prob could put it on daytime tv
That was a sh1tty made for tv movie (Bundy is also one of the killers who make up Buffalo Bill to partly answer Tino's question - the plaster cast bit in the van).
I have looked it up and apparently I was even wrong about it being 3 killers. It was 6. For a film that is my favourite of all time, I know f*ck all about it really.

Jerry Brudos
Ed Gein
Ted Bundy
Gary M Heidnik
Edmund Kemper
Gary Ridgway

I believe they were going to base parts of it on Wingrove but wanted to get an 18 certificate so left him out.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:56 pm

Galted wrote:  Apologies for assuming you knew nothing about Henry Lee Lucas when I posted.
Don't worry about it mate. Starting from a position of assuming I know nothing about any given subject is one that is likely to be right more than it is wrong.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:01 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Physically strapping on a pair might suit him better.

"OOh da scary man on da telly done bad fings to the people!"

Matther MCounghey might be one of the best names I've heard. Sounds more like an African Prince but nevertheless I like it.
Rats, my speed typing on the work PC needs more work...

Wonder if i can get funding for a chatroom PA?

Anyhoo back on Topic, i would not like to meet Ben Kingsley's character in Sexy Beast, though again, I would not find myself diving behind the furniture on the Off chance he does a 'Ring' and pops through the T.V.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:06 pm

Galted wrote:
I have looked it up and apparently I was even wrong about it being 3 killers.  It was 6.  For a film that is my favourite of all time, I know f*ck all about it really.

Jerry Brudos
Ed Gein
Ted Bundy
Gary M Heidnik
Edmund Kemper
Gary Ridgway

I believe they were going to base parts of it on Wingrove but wanted to get an 18 certificate so left him out.
Laugh 

He's more a repeat mass murderer than a serial killer, he's not really into patience and attention to detail.

Didn't realise Buffalo Bill was a composite of so many but I think each was just a superficial trait for the creepy aspect.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:25 pm

just read Ted bundy gave police a profile on Gary ridgeway the green river killer . just like hannibal did with buffalo bill in the film

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:28 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:just read Ted bundy gave police a profile on Gary ridgeway  the green river killer . just like hannibal did with buffalo bill in the film
I was going to say that but seeing as I got pretty much everything else about the film wrong, I kept it to myself.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:33 pm

The Silence of The Lambs is one of my favourite films of all time. Hopkins is superb in portraying Lecter, how he is only on screen for 18 minutes or so and still creeped the sh1t out of me I don't know! Absolutely fantastic film, Lecter is just so terrifying and Jodie Foster played Sterling well too. This is why Lecter is my favourite 'scary killer'
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:50 pm

They should make a film about Albert Fish. Read up on him...nuttier that a cutlet.

Still waiting for a film about my favourite serial killer, Jeffrey Dahmer. I'm ignoring the ones that were on a par with that Ted Bundy piece of cack and waiting for something truly spectacular..

Best in the World...Jodie Foster played Clarice Starling not Sterling. For your favourite film you don't know much about "The Violence of the Slams" do you?
"To catch a Killer" with Brian Denehey is very good indeed.

My issue with Henry Lee Lucas is that he was a mad as trousers lying scumbag who admitted to over 250 murders and, when pressed for details was admitting to killing he couldn't have committed because he was in prison at the time thus casting doubt about anything he ever said. Think he was only ever really convicte of killing two people (one of them may have been the aforementioned cousin Otis)

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:53 pm

DAVE667 wrote:They should make a film about Albert Fish. Read up on him...nuttier that a cutlet.
lol "Alberts Fish Balls" used to be my 5 a side teams name

Way to short out the Chair Albert Smile

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:54 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:just read Ted bundy gave police a profile on Gary ridgeway  the green river killer . just like hannibal did with buffalo bill in the film
I think his profile was about as useful as a rat in a tampon factory though.  Bundy, oddly enough, worked in a call centre & developed a friendship with a woman who also worked as a crime writer, she was writing about the Chi Omego murders at the time having no idea that Bundy was responsible.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:57 pm

my favourite story was about the Night Stalker, Richard Ramirez.

Apparently upon being caught, he said one of his only regrets was being called the Night Stalker and not night Prowler which was a song by his fave band AC/DC!

Bundy was a real whack job - he escaped police custody twice apparently and his sentencing was another weird scene. See you in ?Disneyland!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:58 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:i am fascinated with real life serial killers but none of the films made  are any good . .
'Citizen X' is a very good movie about the life and crimes of the extremely disturbed Andrei Chikatilo.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:03 pm

STC wrote:
jimmyinthewell68 wrote:i am fascinated with real life serial killers but none of the films made  are any good . .
'Citizen X' is a very good movie about the life and crimes of the extremely disturbed Andrei Chikatilo.
Will check it out...will also ensure it isn't the sh*tfest "Julia X"

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Just read about Albert Fish. What a c.nt
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:06 pm

The thing that's always annoyed me about Silence of the Lambs is that they make out Lecter is some kind of profiling genius when in actual fact, he is able to give the profile because he knows Buffalo Bill in person.

What a dick!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:10 pm

superflyweight wrote:The thing that's always annoyed me about Silence of the Lambs is that they make out Lecter is some kind of profiling genius when in actual fact, he is able to give the profile because he knows Buffalo Bill in person.

What a dick!  

Love to see you say that to his face. He would eat your tongue and deep fry your eyebrows.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:11 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Still waiting for a film about my favourite serial killer, Jeffrey Dahmer.
You have a favourite serial killer? Who is your favourite child molester Dave?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:23 pm

Rowley wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Laugh 

You b'stard, I just choked on my tea and burned my throat and the inside of my nose.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:27 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
STC wrote:
Will check it out...will also ensure it isn't the sh*tfest "Julia X"
I had to google that. Think I'll give it a miss on what I've just seen.

Citizen X is a made-for-tv film by HBO. Don't be put off by that, it's a good piece of work. It may be hard to track down though, although it can be illegally downloaded by criminals and bad people.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:31 pm

superflyweight wrote:The thing that's always annoyed me about Silence of the Lambs is that they make out Lecter is some kind of profiling genius when in actual fact, he is able to give the profile because he knows Buffalo Bill in person.

What a dick!  

Love to see you say that to his face.  He would eat your tongue and deep fry your eyebrows.
He'd have to get past my dad first.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:34 pm

Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Laugh 

You b'stard, I just choked on my tea and burned my throat and the inside of my nose .
i can't stop laughing at this brilliant

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:38 pm

Rowley wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
I was going to say Savile but I think that's just jumping on the bandwagon. Same with Glitter and Jackson

However, for old school noncery you can't go wrong with Jonathan King.

I'd like to point out that I don't have a favourite child molester (and no, I don't love them all equally either) Nor do I have a favourite drink driver or old lady frauster. Perhaps "favourite serial killer" was a strange turn of phrase and I should have perhaps said "Serial killer who holds the most fascination" so as not to make me sound worryingly weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:41 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Perhaps "favourite serial killer" was a strange turn of phrase and I should have perhaps said "Serial killer who holds the most fascination" so as not to make me sound worryingly weird.
Suspect that particular horse has already bolted.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next