The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

York Day Two

3 posters

Go down

York Day Two Empty York Day Two

Post by racingnut Wed May 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Middle day of the three and cracking stuff on offer again.Track didnt seem to show too much bias to either side or to any run style so well done York as thats normally a sign of very even ground conditions.Quick look through day two card and these surfaced;
1.30 Sorry dont do 5f races.Have a Guiness and watch the "fillies!" thumbsup
2.00 Its worth paying the entry fee to see MIDDAY.Absolute top class race mare,shes head and shoulders above these.She wont be thrashed first up but her class should see her through.
2.30 Three real Derby types on show.Seville has some classy two year old form and looks the type to develop whilst World Domination and CARLTON HOUSE have lesser in the book in terms of form but have reputations just as big.The Queens colt was ultra impressive at Newbury last backend and i had him down as a Derby type immediately.Even if he gets beat i still think he'll go well at Epsom.
3.00 Ultra competitive handicap with many having claims but i like BALDUCCI,the stable have numerous lines on plenty of these and its horses are going well.Strong pace,big field seem to suit.Decent ew claim.
3.35 Sorry dont do 5f races.Another Guiness and another look at the "fillies" thumbsup
4.10 Sorry dont do 2yo races.Another Guiness and another look at the "fillies" king
4.45 Cracking staying handicap.Loads of chances but i take a gamble on HAWRIDGE STAR.Won well at HQ last backend and while he wont improve at nine his best form puts him right in the firing line.

Have a good one if you play,if you dont still have a good one and plenty of the black stuff

racingnut

Back to top Go down

York Day Two Empty Re: York Day Two

Post by Grahame1971 Thu May 12, 2011 9:52 am

Just the three for me today ... and unfortunately for Racingnut they are all highlighted above (that's the kiss of death from me then) !!!!
Totally agree with the comments about Midday. I think probably as good a Even money shot on class alone i've seen for a while. Granted it's the first outing this season but really cannot see defeat.
Carlton House is also one i really really like. Although Sir Michael Stoutes string haven't been firing yet this season, I was very impressed by his win at Newbury aty the back end of last season. Granted it was on softish ground but the likes of Yaseer who was behind has already come out asnd run well enough behind Native Kahn already this season. Carlton House is open to plenty of improvement, as are most of the principals but he is one i'd been keen to keep the right side of.
Hawridge Star in the last gave the impression when winning at Newmarket last year that this extra 2 furlongs would do him no harm. My one concern is the going as all his winning form has been on ground with plenty of cut. The worry for me would be Descaro however i'd take Hawridge Star just to come out on top.

Thought yesterday was a cracking days action ... More of the same today and good luck if you have a go ... If not, enjoy the sport !!!!!

thumbsup

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Thu May 12, 2011 10:34 am

1.30 another competitive 5f race.
Falasteen had a good win earlier in the season and will go well but JOHANNES won this last year and with Paul Hanaghan in great form can follow up again this year

2.00 MIDDAY is almost unopposable. Timepiece improved as the season went on but should still be outclassed and I am not sure that Music Show will stay.

2.30 although I think the 11/10 on offer for Midday offers good value I think this race is a non betting race. Seville appears to have emerged as the favourite of 3 but I am unconvinced especially as he hasn't run this season. WORLD DOMINATION was installed as the Derby favourite following his win at Sandown and seems to posess a very good turn of foot which might make the difference today. Carlton House was very impressive in the autumn though and cannot be discounted

3.00 I tipped up DANCE AND DANCE on here for the Spring Cup and he came 2nd that day. I won't desert him today, especially with Frankie Detorri on board

3.35 NIGHT CARNATION should win this comfortably. The win of Ahtoug at Chester gives his win at Sandown good form. Margot Did I always think has a good chance but can never get her head in front and I dont think she will today either

4.10 tricky race. GIORGIO'S DRAGON is a good a chance as anyone

4.45 I was impressed by HOLLINS over hurdles this year and has a chance here on the flat. Warne's Way ridden by Kieren Fallon is a danger

Anyway should be a good day of racing and very informative for the flat season ahead Very Happy

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Thu May 12, 2011 2:14 pm

Midday Yahoo

great to see her back as good as ever!

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Thu May 12, 2011 2:40 pm

Wow ... I have a feeling Her Majesty may have something to smile about come the first Saturday in June !!!!
Was very impressed with how Carlton House finished in the Dante and that is the single best piece of form shown by anything entered for the Epsom Classic by a long way.

Just to add though, the quote i've just seen of 6/4 for the Derby is just a tad too short in my opinion.

Last edited by Grahame1971 on Thu May 12, 2011 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Thu May 12, 2011 2:48 pm

good tipping again racingnut thumbsup

Carlton House a worthy favourite for the Derby now!
I am looking forward to the day there now (I always go every year as Epsom is one of my closest tracks)

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Thu May 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Another belting days action with MIDDAY and CARLTON HOUSE taking centre stage.The former is a world class mare and she has to have a pop at the colts now surely,she has nothing to prove against her own sex.The latter won despite the race being totally against him and he will improve for a longer trip and a stronger pace.6/4 is a bit of a daft price for Epsom glory but challengers do look thin on the ground.
2 winners @11/10 and 11/4 and an 8/1 third from 4 selections.Didnt have a bet....again!

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down