The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

York Day One

4 posters

Go down

York Day One Empty York Day One

Post by racingnut Tue May 10, 2011 8:19 pm

First day of what always is a real racing fest at arguably the finest course in these lands.Classic clues,top older horses and competitive handicaps abound.Ground will be on the quickish side and that being the case York can be a bit like a dogtrack in that if you get the prime slot,wherever that may be,at the top of the straight then the others can have the devils own job to get you back.With this in mind i reckon its a real plus if you race right on or really close to the pace.had a breeze through tomorrows card and have come up with these;
1.30.Ultra competitive handicap with many holding claims but just because of the stables form and the fact that connections have kept him going as a four year old the pin has come down on PEKAN STAR.
2.00 SHROPSHIRE ran in the Greenham,a strict formline would put Frankel in this with 10-07(what a certainty!) enough said.
2.30 Fillies trying to put their Oaks ambitions into reality,small field,not much form to go on,it might get tactical.Wide berth for me,watching brief only.
3.00 Aside from Markab who has a group one penalty i think this is as poor a renewal of this event as ive seen.Lots of horses trying to up their ante to get into this grade,if Markab didnt have the penalty id fancy him strongly but it generally catches them out so i give DELEGATOR one more chance.Never really lived up to his 2000 Guineas second but i think he can sit close to this lot and power home.
3.35 Another competitive handicap but i cant overlook THE GALLOPING SHOE.Fourth at Newcastle last time over 10,which seemed too short and everything happened to quick for him.Longer trip and stronger pace will suit.Decent sort of ew claims.
4.10 Sorry but i dont do 2 year olds.
4.40 Race that will certainly throw quite a few future winners as its full of unexposed,late maturing types.RAIN MAC beat a horse last backend thats popped in a couple of times already this season,if hes fit enough i think hes good enough.

Even if you dont play the racing will certainly be worth watching,have a good one thumbsup

racingnut

Back to top Go down

York Day One Empty Re: York Day One

Post by Solerina Tue May 10, 2011 9:09 pm

Thanks for that racing : )

I fancy Barefoot Lady to win tomorrow in the 2.30 and Common Touch for a place in the 2.00

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Tue May 10, 2011 10:42 pm

Had a quick skim through the card, and at first glance this motley cru are the one's i've come up with -

1.30 Northside Prince
Nice low weight, very consitant, combination of going & trip are ideal .. Unlucky at Doncaster first time out this season.
2.00 Not Got A Clue ... although an Easterby horse at York should always be noted (whichever one of the 'clan' trains it) so Iceblast has to be respected.
2.30 Arizona Jewel
Open to lots of improvement ... but then so are at least a couple of others. Very tentative selection, but out of Rainbow Lake (by Rainbow Quest), she'd be the one for me to go further than these.
3.00 Genki
Very tricky, would love Delegator to get his nose in front but Genkis win last time out means form in the book already this season and again, going and trip are right up his street.
3.35 Gifted Leader
Shrewd trainer sending one back on the flat after a couple of years over the sticks, and with Kieron Fallon booked, might be an interesting ew shot. Otherwise, typically ultra tricky contest.
4.10 Too Difficult .... Nothing catches the eye !!!
4.40 Sud Pacifique
Did it nicely last time out, wasn't the greatest race but likely to improve further. Plenty of potential winners line up, but would be keen to look at those with a run under their belts already as is likely that fitness will be key in a 10f race for 3 year olds.

Good luck if you have a go, i think this will be a very interestimg meeting and tomorrows card look decent.

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Wed May 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Decent finish to the Musidora .... I couldn't have been more wrong about Arizona Jewel, however the winner was very gutsy to get the better of Barefoot Lady. Both look decent enough fillies and i'd take both Joviality & Barefoot Lady to go on and have decent enough seasons however i'd now be interested to see where Luca Cumani sends the unbeaten Naqshabban who beat Joviality last time out giving her the mares allowance.
Well done Racingnut .... Pekan Star was another who did it very well.

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Wed May 11, 2011 7:44 pm

Excellent first days entertainment with at least two horses who can go on to better things in the coming months.PEKAN STAR and DELEGATOR can progress from here,the former looks like a Listed/Group 3 horse in handicaps(Royal Ascot for him) and the latter can find his niche over six.
Not blowing my own trumpet but 5 selections yielded two winners @13/2 and 5s and two thirds @25s and 5s.
Didnt have a bet!

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Wed May 11, 2011 10:13 pm

excellent tipping racingnut! thumbsup

I missed most of the action today due to work commitments but hoping to catch most races tomorrow.

I am pleased that Delegator has as you say found his niche. This could be a very interesting season for him. The Musidora looked a poor renewal from the outset and the Dante tomorrow looks far more promising.

I'll have a look at the card and then post my tips on the other thread.

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Thu May 12, 2011 9:21 am

Yes...excellent tipping Racing.....well done : )

I got my two the wrong way round......I thought Barefoot Lady would win yesterday....I'm really disappointed that she didn't.

I haven't had chance to look at today's card.......will enjoy reading about Day Two at York, later.

Enjoy the racing everyone and may all your bets be winning ones : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down