The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kid Galahad vs Jazza Dickens

+9
sittingringside
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
mobilemaster8
Soldier_Of_Fortune
DaveVDK
Pedro147
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
huw
hazharrison
13 posters

Go down

Kid Galahad vs Jazza Dickens Empty Kid Galahad vs Jazza Dickens

Post by hazharrison Thu 01 Aug 2013, 12:18 pm

Kid Galahad 14-0 (7) vs James "Jazza" Dickens 16-0 (5)

British super bantamweight title.

Sep 14th in Rotheram. Live on Channel 5.

Great clash between unbeaten prospects but who wins?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Kid Galahad vs Jazza Dickens Empty Re: Kid Galahad vs Jazza Dickens

Post by huw Thu 01 Aug 2013, 1:35 pm

I like Kid Galahad but do worry about his lack of power, seems to have everything else but it is a tough division and the lack of power may hurt him (even if it doesn't hurt anyone else).

Was fighting very regularly but then seemed to slow down, hoping he isn't struggling to get fights with Mick.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 01 Aug 2013, 5:20 pm

Have to admit im not familiar with Dickens, but any fight young unbeaten fighters is always interesting although its not going to get a lot of buzz like BJS-Ryder will get

I like Galahad, but I too worry about his power. Not just his KO power, its his strength, he just looks like he can be bullied. I will give him a pass considering he is young and did stop his last 3 opponents

Unfortunately a lot of the buzz behind him seems to have gone and it seems like hes at the same level he was 2 years who whereas the likes of Quigg wnd Frampton have moved onwards with there respectice careers

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Thu 01 Aug 2013, 6:56 pm

Jazza Dickens was on a show, think it was Ringside about 8 or 9 months ago. He's from Liverpool. Both his mam and dad were heroin addicts and had a very bad childhood. Used boxing as his way out of it. Very grounded and hard working guy and would be nice to see him doing well.

As with the fight I think Dickens might win. I don't rate Galahad all that highly and I think Dickens will walk him down as he's a strong come forward fighter and has a decent skillset to add to that. Great fight as already mentioned and well worth a watch so looking forward to it.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 01 Aug 2013, 7:24 pm

Didn't know that Pedro. Makes Galahad's "smack head" Twitter taunts even more indigestible.

I really rate Galahad - he is outstanding but there are a great many folk who feel Jazza is the next big thing. Something's got to give.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Thu 01 Aug 2013, 10:53 pm

I think Dickens has this one tbh, he hits harder then his record suggests, especially too the body, works very hard and has an excellent amateur background (was on the GB development squad and a possibility for 2012 but decided on going pro instead), Galahad whilst being very flashy shows a lack of killer instict at times and I think Dickens really does have the sort of rough bullying style to cause him no end of problems.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 01 Aug 2013, 11:31 pm

Actually I remember him now, I saw one of his fights

The thing is he himself isn't a big puncher, he throws punches with zip but isn't that heavy handed, so he will need to outbox Galahad which could be problematic

The fight I saw of him he used a lot of movement, bouncing about all over the place and while he had the reflexes to pull it off and get out of the way, that's a hard way to fight for 12 rounds given the energy he burns wastes. He was also pretty wide with his hooks so can be countered but his hand speed is impressive so he can get away with that against weaker opposition

Has dickens ever gone the full 12 rounds or even 10 as Galahad has shown he's comfortable going into the championship rounds numerous times now

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 09 Sep 2013, 1:19 pm

This is up on Saturday and I can't wait for Jazza to smash Kid up Laugh

Especially after some of his distasteful tweets.

How do you all see this on going?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 1:28 pm

What tweets mate? Not really kept tabs on the build up with the impending couple of super fights this weekend.

Take it this is on Sky or is it part of the boxnation set up?

Don't know much of dickens so in going with a Kid UD.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 09 Sep 2013, 1:36 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:This is up on Saturday and I can't wait for Jazza to smash Kid up Laugh

Especially after some of his distasteful tweets.

How do you all see this on going?
Galahad just looks to be a little more advanced than Dickens at this stage, however, there's a lot of big money gone on Dickens. I can see Galahad frustrating Dickens for long periods with his tactics but it should be a great fight.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 09 Sep 2013, 1:38 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:What tweets mate? Not really kept tabs on the build up with the impending couple of super fights this weekend.

Take it this is on Sky or is it part of the boxnation set up?

Don't know much of dickens so in going with a Kid UD.
Dickens' parents were heroin addicts. Galahad's been calling him a "smack rat" on Twitter.

Nice kid Dickens (does voluntary work at a homeless shelter) and a top amateur.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 1:41 pm

Changing my mind then.

Dickens via EKO. Kid sounds like a Tinkywinky face.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 09 Sep 2013, 2:30 pm

As I said Dickens isnt a huge puncher, so you'd imagine it'll go to the scorecards, and Galahad is more proven through the 12 round distance and dickens uses a lot of energy bouncing around

Galahad UD or LKO depending on how dickens copes with the distance

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 09 Sep 2013, 2:39 pm

Is this on Channel 5??
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 2:53 pm

Dunno mate, not checked. Be good to watch i think though.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 09 Sep 2013, 2:57 pm

Both dont have devastating power to be fair. Unless Kid has improved drastically since I last seen him I think Jazza takes this on workrate and ring generalship to a UD. That fact Kid was ducking him until Jazza's so so performance against Fernandes does speak volumes

Kid thinks he's alot better then he is and this can prove to be his downfall.

Yer its on Channel 5 on Sat.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Mon 09 Sep 2013, 3:15 pm

I fancy Galahad to win this one handily. Has an awkward style that Dickens won't have had to deal with before.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 5:06 pm

I'm hoping Dickens takes this one just to shove those taunts down Galahads throat. While I'm sure he'll say it was "banter" stuff like that shouldn't be said.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 09 Sep 2013, 7:53 pm

I hope Kid gets a good hiding as well. Watching an interview of him during his last weigh in at some shopping centre were about 3 people turned up he had such a smug look about himself claiming everyone was running scared etc. I was just sitting thinking "huhh??" If I turned pro tomorrow i'd probably pull a bigger crowd and I have no mates. Glad Quigg and Frampton have moved on and left him to rot in Fat Micks circus.

At least Quigg and Frampton show each other full respect, and seem to be 100% professional. That interview they done in the Europa Hotel together after the Martinez/Frampton weigh in was a brilliant watch. 2 guys who are on the top of their game sitting having a laugh about fighting each other and saying good things. Great to see.

Then you have Galahad who makes fun of his opponents family due to drugs......classy
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 09 Sep 2013, 8:17 pm

Both good young fighters, but i can see Dickens being too much for Galahad and stopping him in 7-8 rounds.
To be fair Reborn, Galahad has talked some brainless rubbish, but no more than most youngsters do in this day and age. As the old saying goes he is "young, dumb and full of cum" i get the feeling that if he stays in the sport for a while in a couple of years he will cringe at some of his own comments.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:05 pm

Galahad was at the Rotherham match on Saturday, did a bit of an interview on the pitch at half time. Does not seem the most charismatic of sorts, it all seemed a bit forced. First I had heard of the tweets, very poor taste if it is correct.

Don't use twitter but does seem to be one of those things where people seem to disengage their brains when using. Surely with guys like him Hennessy should be a word about stuff like this, whilst I'm sure Az would tell you different all publicity is not good publicity and these tweets just seem in poor taste and I say that as someone who is not particularly easily offended.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 10 Sep 2013, 9:31 am

Rowley wrote:Galahad was at the Rotherham match on Saturday, did a bit of an interview on the pitch at half time. Does not seem the most charismatic of sorts, it all seemed a bit forced. First I had heard of the tweets, very poor taste if it is correct.

Don't use twitter but does seem to be one of those things where people seem to disengage their brains when using. Surely with guys like him Hennessy should be a word about stuff like this, whilst I'm sure Az would tell you different all publicity is not good publicity and these tweets just seem in poor taste and I say that as someone who is not particularly easily offended.
I tend to not judge people by what they say on Twitter as it can be difficult to get thoughts into such a limited wordcount.

At the same time however I have no problem with branding everyone who uses Twitter as a bit of a dick. Just don't get it. But then as far as I'm concerned any website that I'm ever on that doesn't inspire me to ejaculate is a bit of a waste of my time. On that note I'm just going to find another post of Truss talking about his breast size to inspire me once more.......

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Sep 2013, 9:48 am

Kid galahad...Can you take a guy with a name like that seriously....????????

When he punches does he go "One for the money..Two for the show..Three to get ready"

Leave it out.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down