The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kid Galahad

+4
Josef K.
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
The Boss
azania
8 posters

Go down

Kid Galahad Empty Kid Galahad

Post by azania Sun 13 May 2012, 10:04 am

How far will the kid go? Wonderful array of punches but seems to be lacking power. I'd like to see him clean up the domestic scene as the competition is hot. I'd have him to beat Frampton now. Possibly too fast for Monroe with Quigg being his stiffest competition.

azania

Back to top Go down

Kid Galahad Empty Re: Kid Galahad

Post by The Boss Sun 13 May 2012, 10:16 am

I'd be happy to see him fight any of the 3 above but not sure when it will happen. Think he's going to go a long way. He got caught a couple of times last night and never looked hurt which in addition to his punching variability is only looking towards good things.

Did anyone see Eubank Jr and if so what do they think? For a 4 fight novice I thought he looked good but his inexperience showed. Can be wild at times and wants to engage every time he's caught.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 13 May 2012, 10:24 am

Ware didn't seem a strong puncher but yeah, Kid didn't flinch. Shed loads of skills and stands in the pocket also. Very fast hands and good variety. Lets hope Hennesey manages to square up the TV issues and makes the fight happen. It should as Barry will allow Frampton the exposure C5 will offer.

As for Eubank, he looked good for a 4 fight novice. But he should forge his own identity.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 13 May 2012, 10:37 am

He looks class, but he does lack power. He can carve open opponents faces, but doesn't really look like he can stop anyone of note. Given that at this stage of a young fighters career knockouts come pretty fast and as you step up in competition the knockouts will start slowing.

Great combo's and good defensive skills although he took a couple of big shots from wale. He should go along way and has started to get in wih better opposition.

It would be competitive but not sure at this point he beats quigg or granting. Quigg wouldn't respect his power and will walk him down like Wale but a lot more effective and powerful and frampton is probably as skilled as Galahad but with heavier hands. He has a good chance but wot be a favourite.

I feel for Eubank Jr, he gets a lot of criticism which is undeserving imo. He has very little amateur experiance and has had 4 fights, all of which were pretty tough

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Sun 13 May 2012, 10:39 am

Enjoyed watching him last night, typical Sheffield fighter, very entertaining. Seemed to have a decent chin with whatever Wale threw at him. As you say Az, it's a cracking division, strength both domestically and internationally. Lots of fights to be made. I'd like to see him fight Frampton and the winner take on the winner of the Quigg Monroe fight.

Interestingly Hennessey mentioned Steve Molitor's name apropos of nothing, which suggests some kind of contact has been made. If he could beat Molitor, surely that would surpass any kind of domestic win?

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Sun 13 May 2012, 10:40 am

Enjoyed watching him last night, typical Sheffield fighter, very entertaining. Seemed to have a decent chin with whatever Wale threw at him. As you say Az, it's a cracking division, strength both domestically and internationally. Lots of fights to be made. I'd like to see him fight Frampton and the winner take on the winner of the Quigg Monroe fight.

Interestingly Hennessey mentioned Steve Molitor's name apropos of nothing, which suggests some kind of contact has been made. If he could beat Molitor, surely that would surpass any kind of domestic win?

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 May 2012, 11:16 am

How far has Molitor fallen for him to be a"name" fighter on someone's resume?

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Sun 13 May 2012, 11:22 am

His record suggests not too far, but I'm convinced Mick knows something we don't. After Fury Rogan he was hardly whipping up excitement about Fury's future, seems odd that he'd push Galahad so far forward so quickly.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun 13 May 2012, 5:03 pm

I wouldn't have Galahad down to beat any of the top three at the minute. Munroe walks him down and outpoints him. Quigg and Frampton both have the tools to outbox him.

Galahad looks good but he was up against a walking punchbag the other night. He's very repetitive in his actions, with a bit of research and a decent game plan you could take away plenty that made him look decent Saturday.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Sun 13 May 2012, 5:35 pm

I would not be confident of him beating any of the top 3 and I thought last night's fight was nothing more than glorified sparring session. His was in with a very limited opponent who would struggle to be in the domestic top 10 but at times was able to bully Galahad. Decent skills yes but also lacks power and he threw too many shots to be flashy than to actually hurt his opponent. Based on last night I would say he is a distant 4th to Quigg, Monroe and Frampton (who I think is the best of the lot).

I agree that Eubank Jr needs his own identity but credit to his management who who appear t be matching him hard and last night was a decent learning fight but definitely has bags of raw potential

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 15 May 2012, 9:00 am

the thing is with ingle fighters they always look fantastic when winning, its when they cant have it there own way when the questions will be asked. which kid galahad hasnt been asked of yet.

as for eubank, i feel he's been matched quite tough. the last couple of fighters havnt seen to be no mugs for someone so inexperienced. look at what the likes of gavin and rest of warrens olympians were fighting at there stage and they were cans who were getting stopped in the first round

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Tue 15 May 2012, 3:46 pm

he did look impressive but lets face it Wale is a part time boxer who walks straight forward with no head movement and a leaky guard - it is the perfect opponent for him to look good against.

No way the Frampton fight will happen, but potentially he could get Quigg or Munroe as Hatton has no home atm, but i doubt Mick will put him in with anyone half decent
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Unbeatable Georgey Groves

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down