The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I blame Aussie rules football for Australian crickets demise

+2
kingraf
George Hotel1895
6 posters

Go down

I blame Aussie rules football for Australian crickets demise Empty I blame Aussie rules football for Australian crickets demise

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 21 Jul 2013, 9:40 am

With ARF being played at Cricket state grounds in Australia for a number of years and with more ARF being played on them the wickets has deterriorated beyond believe.
The young Aussie batsman are not playing on good wickets anymore. Why should a sport like ARF which is only played seriously in Australia be allowed to be played on the grounds of a true international sport like Cricket. ARF should be banned from all Cricket test venues and state grounds to reverse the decline in Australian Cricket.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

I blame Aussie rules football for Australian crickets demise Empty Re: I blame Aussie rules football for Australian crickets demise

Post by kingraf Sun 21 Jul 2013, 9:47 am

to be honest, I do blame the state of pitches for the State of Aus FC batsmen. No batsmen has crossed 1000 runs since 2008/09... Thats awful
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

I blame Aussie rules football for Australian crickets demise Empty Re: I blame Aussie rules football for Australian crickets demise

Post by VTR Sun 21 Jul 2013, 3:29 pm

Well I'm sure it doesn't help but I don't think you can pin the blame on one thing or another. I think the problem is just that a lot of greats retired at once, and its a young side now. You recently whitewashed India at home so you are not completely terrible by any means!

When England were dreadful in the 90's there were all sorts of theories as to why. Changes were made, but you can't just magic good players from nowhere.

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 21 Jul 2013, 3:44 pm

How long does citizenship take in Aus? Even if I took Cricket seriously, there are kids scoring 300 in South Africa. Maybe its time to find out if Im a quarter Australian...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 22 Jul 2013, 12:04 pm

You probally should graf. Because sadly your not going to get in the england team either!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydneyian Tue 23 Jul 2013, 3:17 pm

and yet I think Aussie rules is a sport that helps make Aussie sportsmen (generally) that touch better than most .... especially in Rugby

Lydneyian

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 23 Jul 2013, 3:24 pm

Mystir - Theres always a spot in the Emglish team for a South African!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 23 Jul 2013, 7:25 pm

Nope not anymore mate..

We havent had a good one for ages.. Last one you tried to palm us off with was that kieswater-- take him back will ya!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by DouglasJardinesbox Tue 23 Jul 2013, 8:21 pm

I blame the players for not doing their homework....

DouglasJardinesbox

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 23 Jul 2013, 8:41 pm

Laugh

What about young Dernbach? We really dodged a bullet with him!!!

Even your golfers are South African-born... Justin Rose???

Tour de France winner... brought up in South Africa... It can never be said that we didnt do our bit for queen and empire!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:08 pm

kingraf wrote:Laugh

What about young Dernbach? We really dodged a bullet with him!!!

Even your golfers are South African-born... Justin Rose???

Tour de France winner... brought up in South Africa... It can never be said that we didnt do our bit for queen and empire!

You're pushing it too far with Froome, he's Kenyan alright! Any more talk like that and we're sending Dernbach back over with immediate residency and the right to take the new ball in your ODI team. Don't say you weren't warned!

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:16 pm

Is kinggraf claiming all Africans??

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:19 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Is kinggraf claiming all Africans??

Quite possibly. I bet Mo Farah is on his shopping list as well!

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 24 Jul 2013, 5:38 pm

haha He grew up in South Africa, and attended St. Johns prep school. He started cycling in South Africa as well!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 24 Jul 2013, 5:39 pm

Froome that is, not Mo Farah
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 24 Jul 2013, 5:43 pm

Well i think its pretty clear that him being based here and being part of the british and sky set ups is what has made him what he is today

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 24 Jul 2013, 5:52 pm

South Africa doesnt really care about cycling... you can keep him!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down