The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we (Poms) being a tad arrogant?

+17
Nakatomi Plaza
Steffan
trebellbobaggins
VTR
Good Golly I'm Olly
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Mike Selig
KP_fan
dummy_half
msp83
kingraf
Hoggy_Bear
Duty281
Fists of Fury
sirfredperry
Stella
Scrumpy
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are we (Poms) being a tad arrogant? - Page 2 Empty Are we (Poms) being a tad arrogant?

Post by Scrumpy Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:52 am

First topic message reminder :

Are we being a tad arrogant expecting England to whitewash the Aussies?

Sure the current Aussie team aren't a patch on past teams but I really can't see them not being in a position to win a test at some point during this series.

Just because England should win doesn't mean they will.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Are we (Poms) being a tad arrogant? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we (Poms) being a tad arrogant?

Post by Steffan Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:19 pm

mystiroakey wrote:you do realise the team is england and wales don't you Doh.
The team is called ENGLAND. Prove me wrong

mystiroakey wrote:Blame your country just because you have no players not the team.. Lol
I couldnt care less. Its stupid that Welsh people should be allowed to play for England anyway in the first place

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Are we (Poms) being a tad arrogant? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we (Poms) being a tad arrogant?

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:24 pm

no steffan the team is called england and wales. just like the lions is called the british and irish lions..

You only seem to like a team if it is represented by welshmen.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:35 pm

mystiroakey wrote:no steffan the team is called england and wales. just like the lions is called the british and irish lions
http://www.lionsrugby.com/join_the_pride.php?utm_source=Splash&utm_medium=MainImage&utm_campaign=JoinThePride

'Thank you for your interest in The British & Irish Lions'

You are correct OK 

http://www.ecb.co.uk

'Latest news, match highlights and exclusive player interviews from the England camp

Show your support for England this summer:

Follow @ECB_Cricket on Twitter

Join in the discussion with other fans in the Official England Facebook community

Stay in the picture through to matchday with @englandcricket on Instagram'

I will say it again. The team is called ENGLAND. Prove me wrong

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:42 pm

So you hate the team because of the way others refer to the team,

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:44 pm

mystiroakey wrote:So you hate the team because of the way others refer to the team,
When I have I said I hate the team?

Im still waiting for you to prove me wrong about the name by the way...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:47 pm

The ecb is the acronym for the england and wales cricket board. if you dont know this then please by all means google it. This is not a tough thing to prove its just fact. The team name is shorterned to england by most- yes. And that is clearly your problem

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:51 pm

Personally I dont care who wins the Ashes but I like to pick a side to cheer on just for interest and on this occasion im gonna go for the Aussies. Its my choice I can support who I like

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:54 pm

support who you want as allways- however we both know you support every team against england(football) for the fun of it. And its clearly again the case this time- But sadly in this case you are actually supporting against your own because the way it is 1. referred to(england not england and wales) and 2. because wales have little representaion.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:57 pm

mystiroakey wrote:support who you want as allways- however we both know you support every team against england(football) for the fun of it. And its clearly again the case this time- But sadly in this case you are actually supporting against your own because the way it is 1. referred to(england not england and wales) and 2. because wales have little representaion.
We still have Leigh Halfpenny though Very Happy 

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:58 pm

North was clearly English in the lions.. What a difference when he plays under his true flag!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:59 pm

mystiroakey wrote:North was clearly English in the lions.. What a difference when he plays under his true flag!
True flag?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Steffan wrote:I generally try to stay neutral during the ashes but with the English arrogance going in to this series along with my Aussie mates needing cheering up after Wales...sorry...mean the Lions beating them in rugby im supporting the Aussie boys against the 'poms' this time

Like Welsh rugby arrogance?

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:16 pm

DP wrote:
Steffan wrote:I generally try to stay neutral during the ashes but with the English arrogance going in to this series along with my Aussie mates needing cheering up after Wales...sorry...mean the Lions beating them in rugby im supporting the Aussie boys against the 'poms' this time

Like Welsh rugby arrogance?
What with 10 Welshmen in the starting lineup its was an easy mistake to make

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:18 pm

so are you claiming this lions win as a welsh win v aus steffan..

I am not suprised tbh. You cant even get the odd win against them!

I think we both know that the england team that toured argentina would have mangled this aussie team

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Im still waiting for you to explain the George North 'True Flag' comment

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:27 pm

Northy is english/welsh. MY COMMENT was a joke based on this and the fact that he may have played better without the welsh flag attached to him ...

However the truth is North associates himself as welsh and is welsh and loves wales and thats fine by me.

You win some and you lose some dont ya!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:32 pm

And North was born in England.

That should set Steffan off. Whistle 

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:34 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Northy is english/welsh. MY COMMENT was a joke based on this and the fact that he may have played better without the welsh flag attached to him ...

However the truth is North associates himself as welsh and is welsh and loves wales and thats fine by me.

You win some and you lose some dont ya!
I get you now

Yes he has played better for the Lions than he has with Wales

At least you had Michael Owen in the football although Gareth Bale could have played for England but declined

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:35 pm

JDizzle wrote:And North was born in England
Everyone has got their faults mate thumbsup 

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:40 pm

Steffan wrote:

I had the (mis?)fortune of playing against him. His team pummeled us an awful lot.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:41 pm

We could mention the fact that many many low level english players end up playing for wales but whats the point.

I think its time we played together for everything(bar rugby union off course)

I think if the later was played as one I think welsh independance would be on its way!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:48 pm

mystiroakey wrote:We could mention the fact that many many low level english players end up playing for wales but whats the point.

I think its time we played together for everything(bar rugby union off course)

I think if the later was played as one I think welsh independance would be on its way!!
I wouldnt mind the Lions playing in the Tri-Nations or whatever it is called now with Argentina joining

Keep the 6N and AI teams separate as normal though

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:49 pm

JDizzle wrote:
Steffan wrote:

I had the (mis?)fortune of playing against him. His team pummeled us an awful lot.
Thats pretty cool. Who was he playing for at the time then can you remember?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:54 pm

Steffan wrote:
JDizzle wrote:
Steffan wrote:

He was playing for Rhyl at the time, where everyone who was good at his age played for because they were coached by the North Wales coaches, so they had a special team. He's a year older then me, but I was playing because we were short. We lost about 100-0. Laugh 

I leave out the getting thrashed part when telling it to the ladies at Uni. thumbsup 

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:59 pm

JDizzle wrote:
Steffan wrote:
JDizzle wrote:
Steffan wrote:

He was playing for Rhyl at the time, where everyone who was good at his age played for because they were coached by the North Wales coaches, so they had a special team. He's a year older then me, but I was playing because we were short. We lost about 100-0. Laugh 

I leave out the getting thrashed part when telling it to the ladies at Uni. thumbsup 

But you leave in the "getting pummelled" bit? Whistle 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:11 pm

Depends on the lady. Wink 

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2