The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dean Ryan's Analysis

5 posters

Go down

Dean Ryan's Analysis Empty Dean Ryan's Analysis

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:20 pm

http://m.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2013/jul/06/lions-tactics-board-dean-ryan

Thoughts?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Dean Ryan's Analysis Empty Re: Dean Ryan's Analysis

Post by mckay1402 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:53 pm

Total nonsense about neither Centre being influential. What game was he watching? Roberts put in some massive hits and jd2 was involved in almost every move.

Also think that although corbs was crucial to the stability of the scrum that Adam Jones was the real corner stone that win this series.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:03 pm

you can't deny that Corbs performance was crucial to the victory but perhaps its me being welsh and the weight of the omnipresent chip that all us welsh carry on our shoulders, but this reads to me that the whole victory was based on one man, and it certainly seems like he emphasises the role of the non welsh contingent... just my stance after reading it a couple of times, but then it could just be the chip talking

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:06 pm

thumbsup Corbisiero had a great game but it was the whole front row that bossed the scrums - The centres created some great space and were pretty clinical when they needed to be, great defensive display from them as well. Key turnovers from Faletau, Lydiate and SOB were also priceless - Great team effort and its a shame sometimes that we get begrudging comments after such a complete performance -

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:07 pm

are you referring to me or Dean Ryan Ruby? Or just in general?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:11 pm

thumbsup Ryan - I thought the defensive effort from the centres was immense and he seems to want to trivialise it - The handling form both was also spot on with great offloads to create space

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:14 pm

thumbsup it was a great team/squad performance and I felt it was great to see reaction of the entire touring party following the match in particular BoD and PoC who now have lions series wins on their CV's, an accolade which both certainly deserve and both played key roles in securing

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:16 pm

thumbsup Great game from all

Last edited by RubyGuby on Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:18 pm

?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:23 pm

thumbsup Just having a laugh Gav - sorry mate - it was you're "are you referring to me quote" - You enjoying the evening, cold beer for me and rugby is good

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:24 pm

no I was just seeking clarification before responding! No need to be picking arguments on such a fine evening Ale 

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:52 pm

RubyGuby wrote:thumbsup Corbisiero had a great game but it was the whole front row that bossed the scrums - The centres created some great space and were pretty clinical when they needed to be, great defensive display from them as well. Key turnovers from Faletau, Lydiate and SOB were also priceless - Great team effort and its a shame sometimes that we get begrudging comments after such a complete performance -

I've not read the article, but I agree that it was not just him that dominated the scrums, it was a whole pack effort.  

Corbs is a tremendous attacking loosehead when he is playing with a tighthead who can drop anchor.  Jones is the best tighthead in the world at doing that, which gave Corbs the opportunity to do what he did.  Also Lydiate and O'Brien are both heavy flankers, and both stayed down on the shove, adding power behind both props, which made a difference.  

Corbs was fantastic, both in the scrum and in the loose and for me was man of the match, but it is doing a disservice to the other 7 pack starters to not recognise the platform that they gave him to really man shame Alexander and dent the confidence of the entire Aussie pack in the scrum.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:58 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:thumbsup Corbisiero had a great game but it was the whole front row that bossed the scrums - The centres created some great space and were pretty clinical when they needed to be, great defensive display from them as well. Key turnovers from Faletau, Lydiate and SOB were also priceless - Great team effort and its a shame sometimes that we get begrudging comments after such a complete performance -

I've not read the article, but I agree that it was not just him that dominated the scrums, it was a whole pack effort.  

Corbs is a tremendous attacking loosehead when he is playing with a tighthead who can drop anchor.  Jones is the best tighthead in the world at doing that, which gave Corbs the opportunity to do what he did.  Also Lydiate and O'Brien are both heavy flankers, and both stayed down on the shove, adding power behind both props, which made a difference.  

Corbs was fantastic, both in the scrum and in the loose and for me was man of the match, but it is doing a disservice to the other 7 pack starters to not recognise the platform that they gave him to really man shame Alexander and dent the confidence of the entire Aussie pack in the scrum.

thumbsup Nice post, Corbs is a quality fella - Here's a pint for you and Gav Ale Ale 

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 9:01 pm

I meant to add that Ruby.  Having met Corbs a few times, he is a really genuine and humble guy. Am gutted that he has left London irish, but hope that he can go on and be injury free for a bit as he has the ability and potential to have a long and very distinguished international career.

Loved it when Scott Quinnell was interviewing him and Adam Jones out on the pitch after the game.  Jones is a legend, would love to go for a pint (or 10) with him. 

Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale 

RedWine
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 06 Jul 2013, 9:02 pm

thumbsup 

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 06 Jul 2013, 9:10 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:it when Scott Quinnell was interviewing him and Adam Jones out on the pitch after the game.  Jones is a legend, would love to go for a pint (or 10) with him.
I liked that too. Jones was so generous to his team mate. It'll be interesting when they next get the chance to go head to head.

Jones wrote some good pieces for the BBC. He has a good sense of humour and also really understands what the Lions all about.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down