The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On paper which 2013 Lions test team has been the best selection.

+4
Taffineastbourne
Knackeredknees
t1000advancedprototype
maestegmafia
8 posters

Go down

On paper which lions test team has been the best selection.

On paper which 2013 Lions test team has been the best selection. Vote_lcap53%On paper which 2013 Lions test team has been the best selection. Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 8 ]
On paper which 2013 Lions test team has been the best selection. Vote_lcap0%On paper which 2013 Lions test team has been the best selection. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
On paper which 2013 Lions test team has been the best selection. Vote_lcap47%On paper which 2013 Lions test team has been the best selection. Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 15

On paper which 2013 Lions test team has been the best selection. Empty On paper which 2013 Lions test team has been the best selection.

Post by maestegmafia Wed 03 Jul 2013, 8:56 am

On paper which 2013 Lions test team has been the best selection...???

Last edited by maestegmafia on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

On paper which 2013 Lions test team has been the best selection. Empty Re: On paper which 2013 Lions test team has been the best selection.

Post by t1000advancedprototype Wed 03 Jul 2013, 8:57 am

Lions first test 2005.

Great selections (if you're a Kiwi).

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

On paper which 2013 Lions test team has been the best selection. Empty Re: On paper which 2013 Lions test team has been the best selection.

Post by maestegmafia Wed 03 Jul 2013, 9:29 am

t1000advancedprototype wrote:Lions first test 2005.

Not really anything to do with this thread though is it.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Wed 03 Jul 2013, 9:34 am

maestegmafia wrote:

No but continues with his theme today of alternating between gloating and having pops at England and 2005.

As for me I think the first test had the better squad

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Wed 03 Jul 2013, 9:35 am

Karma boyo.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:54 am

Knackeredknees wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

No but continues with his theme today of alternating between gloating and having pops at England and 2005.

As for me I think the first test had the better squad

Oh I see..! I thought he was Welsh?

Can we get on with discussing 2013 instead...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:00 am

I think Gotland had hinged all his forwards plans around POC, however since his injury it looks like he running around in the dark picking random names and forgetting about the bench, 2nd test proved this.

This week he's decided to go for power over skill and pray the bench can save him if it goes wrong

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:29 am

Knackeredknees wrote:I think Gotland had hinged all his forwards plans around POC, however since his injury it looks like he running around in the dark picking random names and forgetting about the bench, 2nd test proved this.

This week he's decided to go for power over skill and pray the bench can save him if it goes wrong
How does Parling's selection fit this theory?Headscratch 

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:30 am

I can envisage a thread one day with only ghost interacting with his multiple personalities.

Back to the OP it's a difficult question. Phillips was selected for the first test under an injury cloud. Is the same happening again with him and Roberts?

Injury caused selection changes for the second test but the tactics did not fit those selections.

This looks similar to the first test rather than the second but is Gatland ball in all its glory as opposed to the low fat bland version we got in the first. Sadly until the result on Saturday we can't judge which is the best but something tells me the first selection will be judged the best because you can forgive one mistake. The second time you're a fool and the third time a raving idiot.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:32 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:I can envisage a thread one day with only ghost interacting with his multiple personalities.
Imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:38 am

Actually I'm getting a good idea of that image Cyril spending time on these boards. The myth of Sisyphus with a twist. Roll a boulder up a hill and then watch it roll all the way down and do the same under the guise of a different person.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:46 am

Taffineastbourne wrote:
Knackeredknees wrote:I think Gotland had hinged all his forwards plans around POC, however since his injury it looks like he running around in the dark picking random names and forgetting about the bench, 2nd test proved this.

You need someone to catch it so you can set up the drive

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:53 am

You also need a hooker to find his mark so Parling can catch it...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 03 Jul 2013, 12:41 pm

Knackeredknees wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:

Parling is the worst lock on stats at the line out, Gray, AWJ and Ianto were all above him and the other supposed lineout expert Tom Croft.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Wed 03 Jul 2013, 1:21 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Knackeredknees wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:

Parling is the worst lock on stats at the line out, Gray, AWJ and Ianto were all above him and the other supposed lineout expert Tom Croft.

And England had the worst 6 nations stats too but don't let facts get in the way of "we need Parling for lineouts" nonsense. If something is repeaated long enough then some people might believe it.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 03 Jul 2013, 2:44 pm

The sky sports syndrome..?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by markb Wed 03 Jul 2013, 8:09 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Knackeredknees wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't have picked Parling, but if the stats you are referring to are the lineout catches on the Lions website, then AWJ is on the same as Parling, it's Gray & Evans that are ahead.  Those stats alone are relatively meaningless though unless you take into account the number of matches played (starts v bench), the number of catches missed, who the hooker was, the quality of the opposition and the number of quality lineout options in the backrow that were opted for variety (good lineout leaders always keep the opposition guessing and if options aren't limited are often not the top taker).  Number of steals is another aspect to consider in terms of lineout prowess.

markb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down