The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions team for first Test against Australia

+67
blackcanelion
Icu
509boy
Scrumdown
flyhalffactory
B91212
daiglass63
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
dragonbreath
Cadair Idris
Breadvan
captain carrantuohil
The Great Aukster
tatterd
BlueNote
tecphobe
belovedfrosties
Rugby Fan
nobbled
funnyExiledScot
HammerofThunor
GLove39
Toohey
Submachine
Thomond
SecretFly
Metal Tiger
ChequeredJersey
rodders
nlpnlp
George Carlin
Liam
kingjohn7
Duty281
hugehandoff
RubyGuby
Higher_Ground
pete (buachaill on eirne)
GunsGerms
fa0019
Scrumpy
bluestonevedder
HQ matt
nathan
wales606
aucklandlaurie
10to15
doctornickolas
bedfordwelsh
valtrepkos
maestegmafia
doddieman
jimmyinthewell68
BigTrevsbigmac
jelly
RDW
gleesonisgod
littlejohn
offload
LondonTiger
Norfolklass
t1000advancedprototype
wanderingdragon
majesticimperialman
lostinwales
Goosestepper
Artful_Dodger
71 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Lions team for first Test against Australia Empty Lions team for first Test against Australia

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 20 Jun 2013, 3:23 am

15. Leigh Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues/Wales)
14. Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues/Wales)
13. Brian O'Driscoll (Leinster/Ireland)
12. Jonathan Davies (Scarlets/Wales)
11. George North (Scarlets/Wales)
10. Jonathan Sexton (Leinster/Ireland)
9. Mike Phillips (Bayonne/Wales)

1. Alex Corbisiero (London Irish/England)
2. Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers/England)
3. Adam Jones (Ospreys/Wales)
4. Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys/Wales)
5. Paul O'Connell (Munster/Ireland)
6. Tom Croft (Leicester Tigers/England)
7. Sam Warburton (Cardiff Blues/Wales, capt)
8. Jamie Heaslip (Leinster/Ireland)

Replacements
16. Richard Hibbard (Ospreys/Wales)
17. Makovina Vunipola (Saracens/England)
18. Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers/England)
19. Geoff Parling (Leicester Tigers/England)
20. Dan Lydiate (Dragons/Wales)
21. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers/England)
22. Owen Farrell (Saracens/England)
23. Sean Maitland (Glasgow Warriors/Ireland)

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Lions team for first Test against Australia Empty Re: Lions team for first Test against Australia

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 20 Jun 2013, 3:26 am

Think Vunipola will feel a bit hard done by.  
Can't believe O'Brien hasn't even made the bench.
Lydiate on the bench is a strange call.
Backrow looks unbalanced and will have a very hard time at the breakdown where neither Croft nor Warburton are particularly strong.

Thats my two cents.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Lions team for first Test against Australia Empty Re: Lions team for first Test against Australia

Post by Goosestepper Thu 20 Jun 2013, 3:56 am

Ok with the starting line up (Croft and Warburton will be under a lot of pressure)........

Not happy about Lydiate on the bench he is not on form............ Surely SoB is a far better option covering 6,7,8 and is in better form - sorry but this smacks of bias

Maitland assume he's there for cover for wing and FB - tough on Hogg less so on Zebo

Goosestepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 20 Jun 2013, 4:01 am

Lydiate has always been a favourite of Gatland's which might be why he's picked.  Honestly though I really worry about this backrow at the breakdown and I don't see what bringing Lydiate off the bench changes, he's not really an impact player as the strongest area of his game is defence.  O'Brien not being on the bench is a massive call from Gatland as he covers all across the backrow.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 20 Jun 2013, 4:05 am

SOB may be carrying an injury - its all I can think of. Croft will do just fine.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 20 Jun 2013, 5:47 am

Not sure i would have philips starting maybe on the bench. and B Youngs in the starting 15.

No Tipuric in the 23? Thought he would of at least made the bench.

George North and Brian O'driscol? Are they both fully fit now? I hope so and that 1 or the other is not going off in the first 20/30 minutes of the game.

I guess we will see on Saturday if the players picked are the right ones or the wrong ones.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by wanderingdragon Thu 20 Jun 2013, 5:54 am

My biggest concern is lack of 7 cover. Warburton's injury record is not great so if he gets hurt (and there is no doubt the Aussies will target him) who plays open side? Croft?

I am a Lydiate fan but I would have had SOB on the bench as he covers more positions. I think Tipuric has paid the price for lacking physicality and being so ineffective midweek. 

The rest of it is pretty much what I expected.

It pretty much suggests a very structured kick and defence- based approach!

wanderingdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Thu 20 Jun 2013, 6:13 am

When you've got a good pack it doesn't matter what backs you pick. Think about it...

Look at the 5 forwards in the bench that are going to be coming on after 55 mins.
The intensity and go forward of Vunipola.
The dynamism of Parling.
The chopping of Lydiate.
Brut force of Hibbard.

Monster Welsh backline plus BOD and Sexton, Halfpenny and Davies having the tours of their lives. No excuses. This team can do it.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolklass Thu 20 Jun 2013, 6:15 am

Absence of SOB or Tipuric on bench seems odd. Playing 10 has done Hogg no favours, as IMHO he's a mile ahead of Maitland and a much better bench option.

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 20 Jun 2013, 6:33 am

It was always likely that with SOB and tipuric playing such large roles on Tuesday, that they were not in the plans for the 1st Test.

there are a number of players who may feel a touch unlucky, but in general there is a logic to the selections. We may all disagree with some decisions - but none of us see them in training, and I doubt any of us dissect the match performances, looking at every nuance, as closely as the coaches do.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Thu 20 Jun 2013, 6:44 am

The only surprise for me is Lydiate for SOB.  I would also have had Hogg over Mailtland.  Those who didn't see this as the starting back row haven't been paying attention - crazy to suugest that Croft and Warburton have not been strong at the breakdown.

IMO this is the best team he could have picked with the injuries, a very strong pack, and a powerful bench.

We have a great chance.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by littlejohn Thu 20 Jun 2013, 6:44 am

I'm glad Gatland has focussed on scrum and lineout, although I expect australia to be strong in both areas. Very worried about the breakdown - i think australia will dominate. Lions big edge is halfpenny taking those 3 pointers. Lets hope we have enough ball and territory to get points on the board. 

My heart says Lions to win narrowly, but me noghin says australia by 8.

littlejohn

Back to top Go down

Post by gleesonisgod Thu 20 Jun 2013, 6:50 am

I'd feel very hard done by if I was Richie Gray.

gleesonisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Thu 20 Jun 2013, 6:58 am

gleesonisgod wrote:I'd feel very hard done by if I was Richie Gray.

Posssibly, but unfortunately I think he tailed off as AWJ came good.  Could easily hae been Gray over Parling on the bench. 
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 20 Jun 2013, 7:10 am

Disappointingly negative bench selection. I'm assuming the plan is to be in the lead at 60 mins and consolidate things? Lydiate is no game changer - what if we're losing and need fresh impetus off the bench?

Also the Maitland selection means Farrell is covering centre - again he's no game changer.

Again disappointing that reputation has been picked over form - lydiate has been plain average this tour and tupiric and sob have had some strong games.

A real shame for Richie Gray as I think he'd make a big impact off the bench, but they're clearly wanting an extra lineout man. I do think all 3 locks are very similar though.

Still - definitely a team good enough to win!

Lets just hope we're not chasing the game...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jelly Thu 20 Jun 2013, 7:19 am

Seems odd that he's gone for Corbs over Vunipola but then Youngs over Hibbard. I would have thought you would have had Youngs down as a better impact player with Hibbard stronger in the set piece to start if that is the way he is going with his prop.

Still, promising team overall and some good bench options. As others have said, Maitland and Lydiate are slightly strange choices but are no doubt part of the plan. Makes you wonder who goes 8 if Heaslip gets injured and who goes 7 if Warbs does?

jelly

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Thu 20 Jun 2013, 7:37 am

Well done Corbs - flown straight in to the starting line up! Fantastic progress for Tom Youngs to.

No fetcher required then? 

10/8/4/1 national breakdown in match day 23 fair shout on form.

Should be a great game. Time to get together & cheer them along!

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 20 Jun 2013, 7:40 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Disappointingly negative bench selection. I'm assuming the plan is to be in the lead at 60 mins and consolidate things? Lydiate is no game changer - what if we're losing and need fresh impetus off the bench?

Also the Maitland selection means Farrell is covering centre - again he's no game changer.

Again disappointing that reputation has been picked over form - lydiate has been plain average this tour and tupiric and sob have had some strong games.

A real shame for Richie Gray as I think he'd make a big impact off the bench, but they're clearly wanting an extra lineout man. I do think all 3 locks are very similar though.

Still - definitely a team good enough to win!

Lets just hope we're not chasing the game...

More likely would be north to centre and Maitland to wing?

With Roberts and Manu injured not sure how else they could have covered the centres.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 7:50 am

shocked no tips or sob  on bench but only one or two surprise choice in the first team . if we win would gats keep to this side i wonder .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by doddieman Thu 20 Jun 2013, 7:51 am

Could have chucked 15 darts in the squad list and the team would be great. They're ALL the best players 4 nations can provide. Whatever he chose would be controversial on 606v2.

Still, Im happy.

doddieman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:10 am

Australia team:

Berrick Barnes (NSW Waratahs); Israel Folau (NSW), Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW), Christian Leali'ifano (ACT Brumbies), Digby Ioane (Queensland Reds); James O'Connor (Melbourne Rebels), Will Genia (Reds); Benn Robinson (NSW), Stephen Moore (ACT), Ben Alexander (ACT), James Horwill (Reds - capt), Kane Douglas (NSW), Ben Mowen (ACT), Michael Hooper (NSW), Wycliff Palu (NSW).

Replacements: Saia Fainga'a (Reds), James Slipper (Reds), S Kepu (NSW), Rob Simmons (Reds), Liam Gill (Reds) Nick Phipps (Rebels), Pat McCabe (ACT), Kurtley Beale (Rebels).

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:12 am

That is a very good Aussie side...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by valtrepkos Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:14 am

Think SOB not on bench is the only thing I'm suprised by - not sure what impact Lydiate offers from the bench. Still would've preferd youngs over Phillips but didn't expect it.

valtrepkos

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:15 am

Few tweaks here and there but overall I am happy:

Mako can feel a bit hard done by but he's gone for the scrimmaging of Corbs which is fair shout, Mako and Hibs will bring some good impact off bench.

Said all along that I would have gone for Faletau with Croft.

Surprised to see Lydiate on the bench SOB would have been better option covering 6, 7 and 8, didn't think Tips would make bench starter or nothing for me.

Maitland over Hogg is strange
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:20 am

I think this is a reasonavble selection with only 1 or 2 debatables, but then that is always going to be the way.

I think Adam jones, Tom Young and Corbisiero have all earned their spot. The 2 best scrummagers and the hooker who has thrown his darts the straightest. The second rows played themselves in to the test team with their performances the other day. Backrow was always going to be the one area where there would be differences because alll nations had such a big choice that even getting on the tour was an achievement. Lets trust the coaches on this one.

The backs pretty much picked themselves really. Halfpenny. BOD, JD, sexton and Mike Phillips were nailed on especially as Roberts and Tuilagi are carrying knocks. Maybe 1 wing position could have been debated especially with the impact Zebo made on his debut but I guess Cuthbert had the advantgae of being on tour from the start, being known to Gatland and operating with the other Welsh boys.

Happy with the 1st XV.

A good Aussie side selected. Can't wait.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by 10to15 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:23 am

Having played on wing for 25 or so years, albeit not at international level I worry that Cuthbert & George North (and why is he always Gearge North when everyone else in commentary is known by surname? does his mum insist?) will be exposed if Oz get a kicking & wide running game together. Both have been exposed on this tour by speedy wingers and/or balls being put behind them. I think Gatland has let his Kiwi roots overshadow him here he has consistently picked these 2 as the biggest wingers for power but neither of them have the skills of any Kiwi winger. When playing for Wales they are used to a supply of good broken play ball I doubt they will get that on Saturday. Hope I am wrong, but let's all be eternally grateful for Robbie Deans pig headed attitude to Quade Cooper, he would have exposedd them like a couple of page 3 girls in a sauna.

10to15

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:27 am

So what your saying then is that Gatty let his Kiwi roots overshadow him and Robbie didnt.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:28 am

The Choice Test side from a year ago by the members of 606v2 looked like.

1. G. Jenkins
2. R. Best
3. A. Jones
4. P. O'Connell
5. R. Gray
6. S. Ferris
7. S. Warburton (Captain)
8. B. Morgan
9. M. Phillips
10. J. Sexton
11. G. North
12. J. Roberts
13. B O'Driscoll
14. T. Bowe
15. R. Kearney

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:39 am

Think Jenkins, Ferris, Morgan, Roberts, Bowe and Kearney would have most probably all been involved if they had had an injury free season.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:43 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:Think Jenkins, Ferris, Morgan, Roberts, Bowe and Kearney would have most probably all been involved if they had had an injury free season.

I agree.

Today's team is pretty much what the majority selected. Everyone has personal gross about this player or that but all in all it's a good team that should do well.

Though as you say we are missing some good lads due to injury.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:45 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:Think Jenkins, Ferris, Morgan, Roberts, Bowe and Kearney would have most probably all been involved if they had had an injury free season.

Kearney wouldn't have replaced Halfpenny, but I agree about the others.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:48 am

Didn't mean any would start but a fully fit Kearney would certainly get bench spot over Maitland.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:50 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:606,

Didn't mean any would start but a fully fit Kearney would certainly get bench spot over Maitland.

Perhaps

Although, I think Tuilagi would be on the bench if he had played recently - Gatland normally plays a centre (Williams) at 23, and Tuilagi is a decent enough winger too.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:14 am

Not a bad team, I'm sure there would be a few changes if a few of the guys wasn't injured.

On a side note, glad to see some of the tigers players in there, 4 of whom came through our academy.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by HQ matt Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:17 am

Anyone noticed that the aussies have selected berrick barnes at full back. That suggests to me that they will test the lions back 3 with a kicking game, ive never known barnes to play at fullback?

Personally i would like to see kearney in the 23, thought he played very well against the brumbies.

HQ matt

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:19 am

Congratulations should go to the Youngs family.  Well done Mr. & Mrs. Youngs.  A proud day.

clap
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:24 am

HQ matt wrote:Anyone noticed that the aussies have selected berrick barnes at full back. That suggests to me that they will test the lions back 3 with a kicking game, ive never known barnes to play at fullback?

Personally i would like to see kearney in the 23, thought he played very well against the brumbies.

I'd e to see him get some more time midweek first, but things are certainly looking up for him - glad they chose to rep him on.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:25 am

Not a bad team, though I really question what impact Lydiate could have from the bench. He hasn't got that attacking xfactor, which O'Brien does. I'd definitely have O'Brien over him on the bench, covering across the backrow. Backs look good, though Maitland must improve his defence if he comes off the bench. Same for Cuthbert.

I really think that Hooper could have his way at the breakdown. He's quicker than Warbs and gets more stuck in that Croft. If the Lions don't counter-ruck quickly and effectively, they could se themselves losing a lot of ball. Possibly this justifies the inclusion of Youngs at hooker over Hibbard? Though both are aggressive ruckers and good at the breakdown, Youngs is a little quicker.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:26 am

With another weeks training under his belt I wouldn't be surprised to see him involved for the last two tests.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:26 am

Interested to see how the front row of Corbs, Youngs and Jones gets on. Corbs and Jones are two huge scrummagers, so hopefully we will get the nod over the Aussies in that respect.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:32 am

bluestonevedder wrote:Interested to see how the front row of Corbs, Youngs and Jones gets on. Corbs and Jones are two huge scrummagers, so hopefully we will get the nod over the Aussies in that respect.

Certainly wont get any easier when we sub our front row

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:34 am

bluestonevedder wrote:Not a bad team, though I really question what impact Lydiate could have from the bench. He hasn't got that attacking xfactor, which O'Brien does. I'd definitely have O'Brien over him on the bench, covering across the backrow. Backs look good, though Maitland must improve his defence if he comes off the bench. Same for Cuthbert.

I really think that Hooper could have his way at the breakdown. He's quicker than Warbs and gets more stuck in that Croft. If the Lions don't counter-ruck quickly and effectively, they could se themselves losing a lot of ball. Possibly this justifies the inclusion of Youngs at hooker over Hibbard? Though both are aggressive ruckers and good at the breakdown, Youngs is a little quicker.

I think maybe that's why Lydiate is on the bench - if the breakdown is struggling, specially if Croft is out in the wide channels/on the wing 'goal hanging', then Lydiate will help out in that regard. His work and strengths are all tackling and ruck based so they may get him on if we're getting killed at the breakdown.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:36 am

wales606 wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:606,

Perhaps

Although, I think Tuilagi would be on the bench if he had played recently - Gatland normally plays a centre (Williams) at 23, and Tuilagi is a decent enough winger too.

That's because Gatland has Hookie on the bench who can cover 10, 12, 13 and 15. The lions don't have that luxury.

If Hogg was in instead of Farrell and we had a fit centre that could have worked.

Twelvetrees needs a good game this week against Rebels he could be a valuable asset.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:40 am

Wales = 10 - 8 starts
England = 8 - 3 starts
Ireland = 4 - 4 starts
Scotland = 1 - 0 starts

But all Lions well done boys
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:42 am

Bit worried about openside cover. If Warburton goes off injured our backrow will look as dynamic as England circa 1995.... Rodber, Clarke & Richards.

Is Gatland really worried about AUS's "huge" forwards ball carrying skills that he needs a lumberjack in reserve over a genuine 678 cover player?

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:44 am

nathan wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:Interested to see how the front row of Corbs, Youngs and Jones gets on. Corbs and Jones are two huge scrummagers, so hopefully we will get the nod over the Aussies in that respect.

Certainly wont get any easier when we sub our front row

True true! I think Cole is starting to fire now, after it initially looked like he was strugging on tour.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:45 am

Cant say Im in any way surprised with the team. Lydiate is very lucky to make the squad, O'Brien and Tipuric unlucky to be left out.

I figured Corbisero would make the team because of his scrummaging.

Youngs took his chances and deserves to be there but he is quite small for a hooker so not sure how that will effect our advantage in the scrum. Presume thats part of the reason Corbisero was picked.

Cuthbert is the most off form test starter and will really have his work cut out up against either Folau or Ioane (danger men). Would be concerned about this particularly because Maitland is the only wing cover.

AWJ is a great player but probably only marginally piped Gray who is also very good. Surprised Gray was completly left out of the squad for Parling but he will probably be involved in the next test.

Croft is good value for his place. Dont agree with the sentiment that Croft and Heaslip shouldnt start together. Load of nonsense if you ask me.

All the other players were nailed on already. I hope Philips has a big big game. He could be a key man for the Lions. Aparently he has a slight injury so hopefully it wont effect him.

Last edited by GunsGerms on Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:45 am

Rodber, Clarke & Richards.

Ahhh those were the days Very Happy

Looks like England will be called on to save the day if things get tight.

Last edited by VictorU3 on Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:46 am

Griff wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:Not a bad team, though I really question what impact Lydiate could have from the bench. He hasn't got that attacking xfactor, which O'Brien does. I'd definitely have O'Brien over him on the bench, covering across the backrow. Backs look good, though Maitland must improve his defence if he comes off the bench. Same for Cuthbert.

I think maybe that's why Lydiate is on the bench - if the breakdown is struggling, specially if Croft is out in the wide channels/on the wing 'goal hanging', then Lydiate will help out in that regard. His work and strengths are all tackling and ruck based so they may get him on if we're getting killed at the breakdown.

Lydiate is the better tackler, but I would prefer SOB on the bench to bring on and counter Hooper if we are getting our a$$e$ handed to us.

I guess Heaslip is a quick 8, so will be hopefully hitting most breakdowns.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:48 am

Artful Dodger wrote:Think Vunipola will feel a bit hard done by.  
Can't believe O'Brien hasn't even made the bench.
Lydiate on the bench is a strange call.
Backrow looks unbalanced and will have a very hard time at the breakdown where neither Croft nor Warburton are particularly strong.

Thats my two cents.

I completely agree with this and would also add that, Hogg could argue he deserved the 23 shirt over Maitland. 

Odd that one of the advantages we all thought we'd have would be in the tight 5 and that advantage has been seriously diminished, it is no way as clear cut as we thought it would be even 2 months ago. Quite worried about the breakdown, Heaslip will not be doing those lovely rangey carries, his job is going to be in the tight so don't expect to see him much beating defenders.

Lydiate on the bench is absolutely mad in my opinion.
Kinda glad in a way that Vuni is held back as Youngs and Vuni would have been a lot of loose play and very little tight work

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next