The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pet hates - Awful continuity mistakes !!

4 posters

Go down

Pet hates - Awful continuity mistakes !! Empty Pet hates - Awful continuity mistakes !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:41 am

Went into My Son's bedroom the other night and he was watching Jaws 3 on dvd...........It was the bit where the dolphins unfortunately save Quaid and that irritant goody two shoes marine biologist from the great white which happens to be ten yards behind with a fin the size of the eiffel tower...

Anyway she falls of the dolphin and the dolphin has to turn round and pick her up which takes about 20 seconds screen time.....Now what the heck is the shark doing??? ..... having a pee or something.....Doing a tap dance routine with a stick and a trilby ???..Or maybe checking his lotto numbers ??

My Son proceeded to kick me out...........But I hate that...........Nothing worse than taking the pee out of the viewer with mistakes like that....We are supposed to forget the shark is ten yards behind are we.....??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Pet hates - Awful continuity mistakes !! Empty Re: Pet hates - Awful continuity mistakes !!

Post by Galted Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:57 pm

Seems quite common in chase scenes to build suspense based on the assumption that the viewer is a complete moron.

Watched Polar Express recently (f knows why, it's sh1te) & the train seemed to have a different amount of carriages depending on the scene.  I'm sure the film-makers would try to explain it away with "it's a magical train & it's a Xmas children's story" but it annoyed the hell out of me, can't any f**k-wit in the production company count?

Not quite a continuity mistake but have a look at the fight scene in Bad Boys with the camera man in full view - I'm at work so unfortunately can't find a link.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Pet hates - Awful continuity mistakes !! Empty Re: Pet hates - Awful continuity mistakes !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:43 pm

I know the scene Mate............Annoying isn't it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:03 pm

the alien films chest bursting lack consistency . u get some bursting out quickly soon has the face Hugger falls off . then in alien 3 ripleys last the entire film . same with the forth one with the bloke with glasses . inconsistency . sad i know but annoying Very Happy 

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:26 pm

The chest bursting scenes are supposed to represent child birth.............

Some babies come out quickly...some don't...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:47 pm

This is the scene I meant, have probably posted it before but stuff it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg-25UoekkM

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:50 pm

Galted - Wow! That is quite a blunder. Much worse than the Harry Potter 2 one. But I saw a video with around 8 minutes worth of small continuity errors for HP2. It may be picky to some people, but in my view attention to detail is so important in film. That film just has way too many, poor job. Wasn't a very well done film anyway.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down