The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are all the GAA posters gone ?

+6
Cari
Thomond
The Boss
Ar aghaidh le cheile
SirJohnnyEnglish
John Cregan
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where are all the GAA posters gone ? - Page 2 Empty Where are all the GAA posters gone ?

Post by John Cregan Sun 30 Jun 2013, 11:57 am

First topic message reminder :

It's been 5 weeks since any of us has said a word..........IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE!!!!

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Where are all the GAA posters gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where are all the GAA posters gone ?

Post by The Boss Mon 22 Jul 2013, 5:56 pm

Donegal, Tyrone, Cork, Cavan for me.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Where are all the GAA posters gone ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where are all the GAA posters gone ?

Post by rawa86 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 6:56 pm

Triple header in Croke park, not bad. Hard to see many coming up for the cork v galway game with the hurling on in thurles on the day after.

rawa86

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 25 Jul 2013, 10:48 am

Meath V Tyrone seems to be the only football one on TV from what I can make out, surprised at that. Suppose hurling takes most of the attention this weekend and rightfully so!

Also do we have any in here outside of Ireland aside fro mCari? Have a thing that might help with the GAA, will work for other things if not that.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:14 am

Yes Thomond I've moved to Lincoln 10 weeks now and have been struggling big time to get watching the gaa.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:23 am

Sent you a PM there Boss.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:26 am

Cheers mate. Got it. I'm home this weekend so I'll get everything set up and let you know how it goes next week.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:32 am

Please do I might need it myself for the football quarter finals and hurling semis.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:37 am

On a side note this is my first Summer away missing the championship and ya just can't account for the buzz ya get from an Ulster final in Clones or the trips to Croker.

Have even ended up getting flights booked home every fortnight to play league football.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Sat 27 Jul 2013, 9:28 pm

Great win for tyrone and 4 ulster teams in quarters not bad Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo 
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 27 Jul 2013, 9:51 pm

That's brilliant Pat. Smile

The Dubs have Cork again in the football quarters... boxing 

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sun 28 Jul 2013, 1:02 am

Always with the above board draws in the GAA

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sun 28 Jul 2013, 6:22 pm

Great day for hurling today! Only 1 player left in the competition has an All Ireland medal - Tom Kenny.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 28 Jul 2013, 6:33 pm

Shane O'Neill has one too Prof, people keep forgetting about him! Was on the bench when Cork won in 05. Two showdowns vs the Dubs now. I'm away in Florida for the two games, the Sunday Game highlights can be got internationally if I'm busy a stream will be greand otherwise.

The footballers could do with some of the passion of the hurlers, great intensity always looked up for it and battled their hearts out. I haven't seen a Cork backline that dominant since 04, completely dominated Kilkenny. We were lucky they had so many missed frees and O'Neill didn't get sent off but superb play.

Forwards got good qulaity, low ball into them and they looked up for it when at times they haven't beat their men.

The less said about the Cork footballers the better, Counihan should have been gone years ago.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 28 Jul 2013, 7:22 pm

Well done Cork on beating the mighty Cats! clap I'm looking forward to watching the highlights on TSG in the week. I wonder if Mr Cadogan's regretting his decision to drop hurling in favour of football...? Whistle 

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 28 Jul 2013, 7:38 pm

I don't know if he would start for Cork now (I would have had him in there at the start of the year but some surprising performances have changed that opinion) so he probably doesn't in truth. Would be great if he played both we need depth on the hurling side.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 29 Jul 2013, 8:54 am

Dublin v Cork in both championships. It's going to be a tense few weeks in my gaff.

Cracking game from Cork yesterday, I hate to use cliche (I'm lying, I love cliche) but the championship has been blown wide open. Incredible stuff. First time since 1996 that the cats haven't made the SF's.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 29 Jul 2013, 9:33 am

The girlfriend's from out west Cork side isn't she Micko? She won't care about the hurling I would say!

It was fitting that Cork killed off the Kilkenny dynasty. Cork were probably their greatest opponents of the last ten years or so really.

As for the next stage. If we play like we did yesterday I don't see any reason why we can't beat Dublin. If the footballers play like they did Saturday (the highlights don't do justice for how pathetic they were) then they haven't a hope, on the positive side it should be the end of Counihan if he loses.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 29 Jul 2013, 11:52 am

She cares not for football or hurling, but she does like to wind me up, so any opportunity to talk about Cork for the next few weeks, she will. Also, she works with a load of Cork lads, so I'd say she's getting some ammo from them this week.

I'm concerned about Dublin's 5 week layoff, no county championship going on either AFAIK. Hope they're killing eachother in training.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 29 Jul 2013, 12:02 pm

5 weeks is a long time, there must be some county going on between that time? There will surely be league on if nothing else.

I might miss out on them live as I'm away but the Sunday game goes international so I'll watch them at some point. Would be sickening to get knocked out against the Dubs twice, would mean they're well on for the double which would be shoite as we're the only county to have done it.

I would be hoping for better crowds, the hurling will sell out I imagine Cork people care about the hurlers, the fotoballers never generate the same buzz. People will give Cork stick for it, but fail to consider the fact that we haven't had a home championship game this year, cost adds up.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon 29 Jul 2013, 2:16 pm

Limerick have a 5 week break as well and they have County Championship this coming weekend.......2 weeks before an AI semi which is a bit too close for comfort....................

Cork really defended brilliantly yest.......i fancy them to beat Dublin.

Paddy Power go 9/4 Lim, 5/2 Dub & Cork 10/3 Clare................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 29 Jul 2013, 3:33 pm

Thomond wrote:5 weeks is a long time, there must be some county going on between that time? There will surely be league on if nothing else.

I might miss out on them live as I'm away but the Sunday game goes international so I'll watch them at some point. Would be sickening to get knocked out against the Dubs twice, would mean they're well on for the double which would be shoite as we're the only county to have done it.

I would be hoping for better crowds, the hurling will sell out I imagine Cork people care about the hurlers, the fotoballers never generate the same buzz. People will give Cork stick for it, but fail to consider the fact that we haven't had a home championship game this year, cost adds up.

Tipperary have done the double twice.

One game at a time sweet jeysus...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 29 Jul 2013, 6:41 pm

Years of perennial disappointment have seen the Dubs lose that arrogance that they were always going to win it all (before they wouldlose to Mayo that is). That's a damn shame, they don't even fall for the you're unstoppable stuff nowdays it's a sad day for the country when Dubliners don't have that self-belief in themselves.

Cork and Tipp are the only counties to do the double, you're right both done it twice.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 29 Jul 2013, 6:45 pm

There's a first time for everything Thom...I think the Dubs can do the double...this is their year! Where are all the GAA posters gone ? - Page 2 3933776953 

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 29 Jul 2013, 6:46 pm

They won't have a better chance it's there's to lose favourites for both really.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 30 Jul 2013, 9:16 am

PP have Limerick as favourite for Liam, Dublin favourite for Sam.

Dubs double at 10/1
Cork double at 50/1

10/1 is terrible odds for a feat that has only been achieved once in a century.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:21 am

Mickado wrote:PP have Limerick as favourite for Liam, Dublin favourite for Sam.

Dubs double at 10/1
Cork double at 50/1

10/1 is terrible odds for a feat that has only been achieved once in a century.

Dubs 5/2 for Hurling and about the same for the football..........................

10/1 is therefore perfectly reasonable odds...................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 31 Jul 2013, 8:22 pm

Well if I had to choose between the two for the Dubs to win, romantically I'd say hurling. Gawd can you imagine if the hurlers won that!? Chances are they'll do better in the football again though.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 03 Aug 2013, 1:30 pm

I'm 4000 miles away and I'm feicing nervous for this game. Counihan's team selections are an odd one but he might unroll his "genius plan" of late changes that he does 95% of the time everyone is fooled sure! Can[t see a win and I won't be watching it live. Do they still release the Sunday game to an international audience on the RTE player after so many days?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sat 03 Aug 2013, 1:38 pm

Times the game at? Gonna test out them links Thomond

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 03 Aug 2013, 1:52 pm

The links will work fine but that software won't work for the RTE player I tried it the other day. Cork are at 7 (which is annoying as it's the middle of the day in America) are there more games on today?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sat 03 Aug 2013, 1:55 pm

Think the Monaghan Tyrone game is on 1st so must be half 4 or 5

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Sat 03 Aug 2013, 2:18 pm

Monaghan v Tyrone throw in 5 pm
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sat 03 Aug 2013, 2:23 pm

Cheers Patrick. Think it's gonna be a lot better of a game than most think

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 03 Aug 2013, 3:39 pm

Coverage starts at 4:40pm on RTÉ 2 apparently (so my Facebook newsfeed says).

Afternoon All!

ooh I'm excited (and a bit nervous). Hope Monaghan can get a win and UP THE DUBS as usual... Where are all the GAA posters gone ? - Page 2 3933776953 

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sat 03 Aug 2013, 3:40 pm

I want a Tyrone win to shut Joe Brolly up after his bullshoiye from last week.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 03 Aug 2013, 3:41 pm

Thomond wrote:I'm 4000 miles away and I'm feicing nervous for this game. Counihan's team selections are an odd one but he might unroll his "genius plan" of late changes that he does 95% of the time everyone is fooled sure! Can[t see a win and I won't be watching it live. Do they still release the Sunday game to an international audience on the RTE player after so many days?

Yes they do Thom, from Wednesday evening onwards. thumbsup 

COYBIB!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 03 Aug 2013, 5:27 pm

It's currently 0-05 all in the Monaghan/Tyrone match....actually Monaghan have just gone up one point.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sat 03 Aug 2013, 5:28 pm

Referee is ruining it. Darren Highes booked for a perfect tackle. Mickey Harte would kill for a decent corner back!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 03 Aug 2013, 5:36 pm

Yeah Monaghan have quite a collection of yellows already! Tyrone getting the points anyway. raspberry

Jayz...that was a good score from Tyrone.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sat 03 Aug 2013, 5:37 pm

Sean Cavanagh back to his best.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 03 Aug 2013, 5:37 pm

Waste of a free from Monaghan there...they need to regroup now and organise themselves.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 03 Aug 2013, 5:39 pm

...and the weather's schitt there. That's not helping.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 03 Aug 2013, 5:40 pm

Yay! Now we're dancing....mon Monaghan, that's the spirit! Good score.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sat 03 Aug 2013, 5:40 pm

2 points in it. Long way from over. Half time will be massive.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 03 Aug 2013, 5:43 pm

ooh! That was a punch all right. what was that for?!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sat 03 Aug 2013, 5:47 pm

Ref bottling it. Gormley has that in him.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 03 Aug 2013, 5:49 pm

Well he should be punished for that. There was a definite punch there.

Tyrone expected to win. I would like to see Monaghan win just cause they're underdogs.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sat 03 Aug 2013, 5:54 pm

More big game experience from Tyrone. Monaghan need Corey and Mobe attacking more from wing half back. They can't get Hughes or McManus on the ball after 1st 15.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 03 Aug 2013, 6:02 pm

You're right Boss...Penrose has been red carded for the punch. Monaghan need to take advantage of that completely.

The heavens have opened here now...I hope I don't lose my connection.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sat 03 Aug 2013, 6:04 pm

Fair play to the ref. would have carded gormley myself. Game on!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next