The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are all the GAA posters gone ?

+6
Cari
Thomond
The Boss
Ar aghaidh le cheile
SirJohnnyEnglish
John Cregan
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where are all the GAA posters gone ? Empty Where are all the GAA posters gone ?

Post by John Cregan Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:57 am

It's been 5 weeks since any of us has said a word..........IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE!!!!

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Where are all the GAA posters gone ? Empty Re: Where are all the GAA posters gone ?

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:34 pm

Is there much of a GAA community here? Never noticed the section here before today. 

Kildare giving it a decent go v the Dubs. Easy win for Armagh as well!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Where are all the GAA posters gone ? Empty Re: Where are all the GAA posters gone ?

Post by John Cregan Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:58 pm

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:Is there much of a GAA community here? Never noticed the section here before today. 

Kildare giving it a decent go v the Dubs. Easy win for Armagh as well!

Maybe people don't click it's GAA with the oddly named section "Irish Sports"...............................

A few regular posters have not shown up this year which is disappointing..................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:13 pm

Yeah maybe only noticed the section because of your thread title showing up. Decent game for the Dubs in the end especially to nick it at the end. Great first half to watch for the neutral

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:08 pm

Brilliant 1st half................Dublin looking awseome

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:18 pm

Yeah great start to the championship for them definitely the team to beat so far. Looking forward to Cork and Kerry next week always a great game. What you reckon for Limericks Munster championship odds...

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:09 am

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:Yeah great start to the championship for them definitely the team to beat so far. Looking forward to Cork and Kerry next week always a great game. What you reckon for Limericks Munster championship odds...

Strangely the least competitive provincial championship is the only one that has a competitive final. Since the introduction of the back door it's more about what route to take to the quarters than winning Munster.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:36 am

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:Yeah great start to the championship for them definitely the team to beat so far. Looking forward to Cork and Kerry next week always a great game. What you reckon for Limericks Munster championship odds...

Munster Finals very hard to call.................what a great hurling championship. The big question for Limerick & Cork is can they put 2 big performances back to back. I think limerick will sneak it, not that im biased or anything!

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:31 pm

Moved to Lincoln. The only city in the world with no Irish bar do have to stream all gaa on the Internet which rarely works.

Great win for Armagh at the weekend. At least well have one more game this year.

Thought the Dublin game was going to be a cracker but the goal before half time killed it.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:22 am

Munster finals are only just beginning, can't see Cork winning any major silverware this year not with Counihan in charge. The hurlers aren't good enough, they have a very slim chance in Munster but won't be challenging for All Irelands any time soon.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:52 pm

You can easily tell there are no Dub GAA fans on here anyway! No talk after that win, we will not speak of Cork under Herr Frank and Counihan

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:28 am

Rumours of Herr Franks retirtement seem to have been greatly exaggerated!!

How do you think it will go Sunday........either way, it will vbe a huge breakthrough for either Limerick or Cork. The losers look like facing Kilkenny in the QF's............although, i can see Waterford giving the Cats a game.....................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:11 pm

Limerick are quite rightly the favourites, I think they will win by about 3 or 4 points. All is not well in the Cork camp (is it ever?) selectors and JBM are at each others throats apparently and have been for a while. I don't know if Cork have the backs to take on some of the Limerick forwards, their full back line isn't incredibly strong nor is their half forward line, they can win but I would see Limerick taking it.

As for Herr Frank even when he does eventually leave he will still have his cronies there!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Hey All,

I've been a bit crap with V2 lately anyway between one thing and another...it's usually only me posts on here and one or two others chipping in. I just haven't had the chance though and I was sidetracked by the rugby last weekend. I did miss the tennis for the Dubs hurling match last Sunday though. Awesome win for them. Hope the footballers can do the same this week! Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:20 am

The Hurling Championship just gets better & better.........

Had a superb day in the Gaelic Grounds yesterday, Limerick played with unbelieveable belief. Horgan Sending off a yellow at worst - it was a pity. At that stage though, Limerick had a lot of the hard work done against the wind, and their options from the bench are awesome.

It's a wide open championship now - Any of the six left can win it.

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:39 am

Is it an open draw then for the semi’s?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:46 am

No Mick, Cork/Kilkenny (only one winner there!) play the Dubs alway or Clare play the Dubs.

Horgans sending off was harsh in my mind no malice the sun seemed to get in his eyes Cork were feiced from there on out. Limerick battered the shoite out of us they have a great bench with the likes of Downes and Dowling where Cork really have nothing.

Dublin footballers are good to watch going forward they look like they could be caught out defensively. Stpehen Bray is marvellous to watch a pure footballer like.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:02 am

Armagh have got Galway away to look forward to next week. The team is looking confident but putting big scores up against Wicklow and Leitrim doesn't prepare you for the better sides. No offence to either of those teams.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:11 am

Thomond wrote:No Mick, Cork/Kilkenny (only one winner there!) play the Dubs alway or Clare play the Dubs.

Horgans sending off was harsh in my mind no malice the sun seemed to get in his eyes Cork were feiced from there on out. Limerick battered the shoite out of us they have a great bench with the likes of Downes and Dowling where Cork really have nothing.

Dublin footballers are good to watch going forward they look like they could be caught out defensively. Stpehen Bray is marvellous to watch a pure footballer like.

So we've to play both quarterfinal winners? Seems a bit harsh, but bring 'em on.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:29 am

It's an Open draw for Semis UNLESS there is a repeat fixture, so IF KK & Galway come through, It's an Open draw (as both have played Dublin). If Cork & Clare come through, it's Limk v Clare & Cork v. Dubs.................

Don't be surprised if Cork beat Kilkenny................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:42 am

I thought the two teams having played thing didn't matter come the semis?

Kilkenny are not the team of old but Cork are an average side at best no bench and soem talented but lazy forwards they should beat us no bother.

No hope for our footballers either!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:24 pm

Thomond wrote:I thought the two teams having played thing didn't matter come the semis?

Kilkenny are not the team of old but Cork are an average side at best no bench and soem talented but lazy forwards they should beat us no bother.

I don't think it matters in the football, but since Cork v Limerick was a provincial final, i can see why they don't want them playing 2 games in a row against the same opposition.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Thomond wrote:I thought the two teams having played thing didn't matter come the semis?

Im not sure.............Why shouldn't Cork be able to take on KK, who are well below what they were ?
I give them a real chance.............but i get your point about the bench. The way this year is going - all 6 teams left have a serious crack at it.

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:54 am

We ca ngive Kilkenny a game for sure will we beat them is a whole other argument. I can't see it personally we have always struggled against Kilkenny in the last 10 years or so like the footballers against Kerry it's psychological as much as anything else.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:19 pm

Come on Tyrone poor RTE have to put up way us another week drumroll 
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:21 pm

Heard Spillane had good words for yas. "Sadly I see Tyrone winning this".

And we went out after getting half the counties hopes up after beating Wicklow and Leitrim.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:36 pm

Afternoon All Smile

I see Mayo have got through then. I didn't see/hear it but the score says London got hammered. Mayo 5-11 London 0-10.

Mon Monaghan! They're currently ahead of Donegal in their final.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:37 pm

Monaghan playing a cracker. Donegal are rattled. Daniel Day Lewis' brother will be looking forward to half time to get his team talk.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Ha! Is DDL's bro really in the squad? Very Happy 

How's life in Engerland these days Boss? Found a decent Irish pub yet? Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:56 pm

Woo hoo I've got a stream! Monaghan only three points ahead now. Hope they can maintain a lead.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:58 pm

5 mins after half time are huge. Monaghan have some very talented players all over the field but I don't know of they can keep this up against a team like Donegal.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:03 pm

Awh shame they didn't get the goal there...but another point gained.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Dessie Mone is running riot

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:19 pm

Donegal are all over the gaff...Monaghan need to watch the fouls though.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:21 pm

So many wides from Donegal. Pressure from Monaghan is unreal!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:22 pm

I was going to say - that must be their tenth or more wide now?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Getting ragged here. I'd think about bringing Darren Hughes back if Donegal are gonna pump it in to murphy

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Great defence by Monaghan!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Some tired bodies out there now...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Wowsers - a high tackle that would get a player binned in rugby!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:35 pm

Very little in that I don't think. Monaghan deserve this. 2 Hughes, Mone and McManus have been exceptional

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Hughes is MOTM. MON MONAGHAN!!!! Where are all the GAA posters gone ? 3933776953 

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Would have give it to Mone.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:40 pm

Well deserved Monaghan! clap To be fair to both teams that was a cracker.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Great game. That's what the gaa is all about. No bullshoiye of keeping fans of the pitch. Well done Monaghan!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:55 pm

great win for Monaghan thumbsup 
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:32 pm

To be honest I thought the Ulster final was incredibly boring. A lot of passion and intensity on display from Monaghan, but a lot of cynical fouling and some negative defensive play, some nicely taken scores but as a game it was underwhelming like a lot of the football championship this year but that should change soon hopefully. I know football is moving that way but it saddens me. Monaghan have shwon how it can be beaten, (I have been saying tihs for years!) you need to commit people to attack and have guys running. The ball carrier runs at the man draws him and gives it needs intelligent footballers in the team and guys who are on the same wavelength in my opinion. Guys are running off eachother and running hard. No matter how many guys you put behind the ball defenders will have to go to the runner, get guys in support of him and it can be beaten

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:02 pm

I actually thought it was a decent game. I agree with you about the way to beat the ultra defensive style though and that's why I was so impressed with Dessie Mone yesterday. He was outstanding running from deep.

Taking a look at that Monaghan team they actually have a lot of very smart players throughout the team and Farren Highes is in the top 3 players in Ulster in my eyes. Monaghan set out with a gameplan and had the players to work it to perfection.

Donegal are far from finished after this though and noone will want them in the qualifiers. Don't know who has got them though.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:20 pm

Donegal v Laois
Meath v Tyrone (easily tie of the round)
Cork v Galway
London v Cavan

That's the round 4 lineup. Cork, Donegal, Tyrone nad Cavan for me. Monaghan are a good side with smart coaches and players who look like they can play football which is a rare occurance for some panels.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:44 pm

Thomond wrote:Donegal v Laois
Meath v Tyrone (easily tie of the round)
Cork v Galway
London v Cavan

That's the round 4 lineup. Cork, Donegal, Tyrone nad Cavan for me. Monaghan are a good side with smart coaches and players who look like they can play football which is a rare occurance for some panels.

Donegal, Meath, Cork & Cavan..............................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next