The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benji in the race for 2015?? But how about the Blues...not the Waratahs!

4 posters

Go down

Benji in the race for 2015?? But how about the Blues...not the Waratahs! Empty Benji in the race for 2015?? But how about the Blues...not the Waratahs!

Post by Taylorman Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:52 pm

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/8824275/Rumours-abound-over-rugby-switch-for-Benji

One very talented player who would excel in Union...experience and skills galore would slot in anywhere in the AB backline outside 9. Perhaps 12 or 13 with the congestion at 10, wing and Fullback.

May the 'rumours abound' continue to flourish.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Benji in the race for 2015?? But how about the Blues...not the Waratahs! Empty Re: Benji in the race for 2015?? But how about the Blues...not the Waratahs!

Post by Icu Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:19 am

I've been watch Benji in the NRL for years. The guy is loaded with talent - some of the stuff he does is sublime. He's the NRL equivalent of Quade Cooper. When he's good there's no-one better but when he's off he can have a shocker. Seems to go missing in the game sometimes and can be tackle shy but would love to see him try his hand at rugby. He'e a playmaker first and foremost (at least for the Tigers) so I reckon 10 or 12 maybe even 9 would be best for him.

Apparently his younger brothers (there are 3 of them i think) are just as good if not better and i think one of them has already represented Australia in league at junior level.

Icu

Back to top Go down

Benji in the race for 2015?? But how about the Blues...not the Waratahs! Empty Re: Benji in the race for 2015?? But how about the Blues...not the Waratahs!

Post by dallym Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:22 am

He'd be like a crappier version of Quade. Sure his fancy footwork and flick passes will shine in S15, but he'd be hammered in internationals. And he'd somehow secure a role with Reunion where he'll make lame videos and TJ will have to pretend they're hilarious

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:41 am

Yeah he had a shocker the other night. He's also starred in some big Kiwi test wins- the world cup final one of them. I just think he'll get more time and space in Union without the constant play the ball stop start stuff and it'll suit his game more.

(Didnt know a crappier version of Quade was possible...)

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Fri 21 Jun 2013, 5:43 am

ok that may have been an exaggeration. He'd spend his time on attack trying to step the opposition and passing just before getting tackled. In defence we'd have to find somewhere to hide him. Very Quade-esque

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Fri 21 Jun 2013, 6:27 am

I suspect it's a negotiation ploy. Playing for the Waratahs means playing for Australia. I'm sure he'd rather align himself with a Kiwi team. If it' a money issue then there's Super league, France or Japan. I guess his relationship and brother might keep him in Sydney. It's not easy for sportsman on their way down (30 for 30 broke gives an insight into American sport).

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down