The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Framptons next opponent

+6
milkyboy
Lumbering_Jack
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
jimdig
Steffan
BlakkMamba
10 posters

Go down

Framptons next opponent Empty Framptons next opponent

Post by BlakkMamba Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:55 pm

Just seen unheralded Argentinian Fabian Oscar Orozco 20(7)-2(1)-2 has been announced as Framptons next opponent.

From the looks of his record this should be a walkover. I really hope they aren’t going to make a habit of feeding him chaff like this.

A significant step down for Frampton.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Framptons next opponent Empty Re: Framptons next opponent

Post by Steffan Thu 20 Jun 2013, 8:58 pm

Yeah just seen this on Twitter

Disappointing I agree

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:00 pm

Its a real shame as under hearn he had been matched well.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:14 pm

A warren special I'm afraid. Expect frampton to regress. Mcguigan seems to be towing the line, building up Orinoco flow as a dangerous hard hitting opponent......He should never have left Hearn.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:20 pm

It's just a keep busy fight before his headline shows in Belfast. I'm not too fussed about this opponent to be honest, Frampton deserves a keep busy fight due to dispatching Molitor and Martinez consecutively and both in style. Lets not forget he is only 16-0 and commonwealth, euro and IBF intercontinental . Pretty impressive up to this point.

I will reserve judgement until he fights a nurse etc on a headline show. But for now he is still learning and is fighting on an undercard so it was hardly ever going to be against a top class opponent so lets not get carried away with slating him just yet. Lets see who the WBA intriem champ takes on next and prepare to throw our cabbages at him.

It must be a bad opponent choice though if Steffan is disappointed. Considering he defends Britains current LHW champ for fighting part time nurses!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:22 pm

The fight is at wembley where Chisora is the headline act.

In Belfast Frampton sells out 9-10k seated Oddssey arena. The big names will come because Frampton has the fan base to attract them. Lets see how many big names Quigg and Galahad bring to their backyards
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:24 pm

Provided he follows it up with a return to form fighting decent opponents I won't be too bothered, i just really hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

A meeting with Scott Quigg after this would be mouthwatering.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:29 pm

Quigg was interviewed with Frampton the day before the Martinez fight and Frampton said to Quiggs face he wanted to fight him in the next 12 months and Quigg said he would be happy too. Now Quigg is saying he doesn't need Frampton and they should stick to their own path to a world title!!

Article is on Sky, Quigg has been dodging this fight for a long time. The last few fights Frampton has been in he has strongly called Quigg out and it has been excuse after excuse.

I don't think Quigg wants it because he would easily have taken it if he was confident
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:43 pm

To be honest that's a fight I'd find difficult to call. Both men have taken some good scalps, and Quigg has looked in imperious form, Frampton has also looked excellent recently.

If I were Quiggs manager I'd probably be thinking is this really the right fight for him at the moment. Once Framptons profile gets a bit higher then may the risk reward ratio is right.

Shame though - I'd love to see this happen.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:01 pm

Well the way I see it is just look at Haye v Firy for instance. Both guys hold no belts, and yet are set to make more money fighting each other than if they were to face a Klitsckho.

I see the same thing with Frampton v Quigg. This fight is one that would sell itself. If it is to be believed that Quigg was offered 200k to fight Frampton then he needs his head checked for refusing it. Quigg hasn't got a fan base worth mulling over and will probably have to go to America or South America to receive a beating for peanuts trying to win a world title. If I was him and felt I had the beating of Carl I would go for it. The lower weights aren't known for paying big money in fights so Quigg should accept the fight as it will make him a fortune. With or without a belt on the line
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:03 pm

I do think Quigg is ducking Frampton. Looks nervous everytime his name is mentioned.

Not sure why, would be a good competitive fight, maybe he just doesn't have the belief.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:15 pm

I think Quigg is made for Frampon.

I wouldn't mind seeing how Quigg handles Kiko Martinez. That could be a realistic option now he is with Hearn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 21 Jun 2013, 8:00 am

Quigg has a nice style, tv backing, a promoter that gets the right fights made. Quigg will have no problem now building up a fanbase. He is a world class boxer. I do think Frampton is the more rounded boxer.
Quigg should be in no rush now under Hearn to race Frampton, quigg fan now get the career building components like kiko, molitor, that were out of reach for Hatton productions. His talent will build along with his fanbase.
The only advantage Frampton has under warren, is that he is now the number 1 draw in his stable. But I just don't see things ending any differential for Frampton than they did for khan, Hatton, calzaghe...

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakkMamba Fri 21 Jun 2013, 8:03 am

Jimdig - I hope you're wrong abou tthings ending up that way for Frampton. I think he has a really exciting style and could be involved in some classic fights - if properly matched. My biggest fear is that now he goes down the WBO route and just ends up fighting tomato cans no one has heard of and wastes all that talent - an even bigger risk as he can sell out Irish arenas no problem and become FW's cash cow.

BlakkMamba

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 21 Jun 2013, 8:32 am

Said it on another thread but warren makes no excuses for his strategy... He tries to get guys enough cash to have them (and him obviously!) reasonably set in life before taking any risks. He'd handle frampton no differently... That is of course if he's handling frampton going forward. For this fight, I'm with reborn, it's a keep busy fight, one of these is fine as long as its not backed up with more of the same.

Quigg doesn't seem too keen on frampton, I think they're evenly matched skills wise (possibly favour quigg in that respect), but I'm not convinced by quigg's durability, and think frampton would walk him down. Easy to see why their handlers would keep them apart for a while though.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 8:38 am

Always look for the ko percentage.........This guy can't punch like all of Mcguigan's defences...

Garbage...Tell he's fighting for Warren already...

WBo here we come..

Always think what a shame it was Cruz beat Mcguigan before Nelson had the chance to give him a good hiding..For a decent paychek.

Nelson definitely was underpaid.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 21 Jun 2013, 9:04 am

If zoomy was born in accrington rather than Accra, he'd have made a few more bob, that's for sure truss. Mrs Mcgiggle wasn't busting a gut to fight nelson... To be fair he's never been in denial about the likely outcome.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 9:42 am

Classic Warren.  Framps gets a bye on this purely by virtue of the good job Hearn did previously.  Next fights need to be good opponents headlining Oddyssey or he's going to start getting put in the Cleverly bracket.

Interesting that he's only undercard though as I thought this was part of his issue with Hearn, he wasn't guaranteed headline slots for his fights.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 21 Jun 2013, 9:46 am

Frampton has had a couple of decent opponents last time out so I am willing to accept this one as a tune up and a ticking over fight. However whenever Frank is involved the concerns raised are perfectly understandable. Think I can give him a pass this time out with the caveat that after this he needs to get back on track.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 21 Jun 2013, 9:57 am

TH: really?? In the Cleverly bracket if he doesn't fight a top opponent next? That's ridiculous considering Cleverly is almost on the 6 defence of a world title, Frampton is only 16 fights into his career. Why isn't Quigg in the Cleverly bracket when he is 20 odd in. The best opponent being a washed up bin man in Munroe. His next best opponent being a shot to pieces Booth. Think people are getting a bit carried away, he has only hit European level with his win over Martinez so what's the problem with him putting an exclamation mark on that level before moving up.

Cleverly only started getting his criticism after Bellew when he signed to fight the nurse. I can't remember people declaring their plans to slate him the fight after he won the European Title.

Also, the super bantam division isn't exactly littered with the cream of boxing either, Frampton already stated he's nowhere ready for Rigo (which he will never be ready) so there is only really about 4 other top fighters. So if Frampton doesn't take them on as well as Quigg then surely Hearn and Quigg deserve stick too.

I'm an optimist. McGuigan seems to want to push him against tough fighters. So with him co-promoting Warren isn't going to have it his own way.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:12 am

I didn't say he was, I said it was a risk.

And it's a risk that comes about because he ditched Hearn and went to Warren who is cancer to a boxer's repuation and credibility. One bitten, twice shy and all that......Hearn matches his fighters well so people are happy to give the benefit of the doubt, Warren doesn't so he doesn't get the leeway.

That's the risk Framps opened himself up to by letting Barry get too big for his boots.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:17 am

Also, SBW isn't littered the the cream of boxing?? Two top10 p4pers for a start with back up in the form of Terrazas and the slightly fallen stars of Arce, Montiel and VicD.

Plenty to chomp on at world/fringe world level as well as hot domestic competition in the form of Quigg and Galahad.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:22 am

I said apart from Rigo there are about 4 others!!!!!! TopHat I'm a bit hungover this morning don't make me angry or il throw up on my keyboard!!!!!!!!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:23 am

Race retired after the Donaire fight also did he not. Thought I read that somewhere
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 21 Jun 2013, 10:24 am

Damn autospell, *Arce
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:21 am

Be interested to see just how much of a Boxing fan Mcguigan becomes when frampton gets to world level.......

Give it twelve months before warren has enough of the irritant..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 12:58 pm

The fight is only a few weeks away so it was hardly going to be a stellar opponent in such a short time frame.

He will blast the guy out and move onto bigger and better things.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 1:02 pm

There are some great opponents to fight out there at the moment, looking down the ring magazine ratings.

Mathebula
Darchinyan
Kameda
Terrazas
Romero
Leo Santa Cruz
Montiel

All of the above have been at world level, or are at world level in their next fight...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 1:28 pm

They'll pick the guy with the worst ko percentage

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 21 Jun 2013, 1:33 pm

I do think there is a danger with Warren now that unless he announces the best guy in the division for each and every one of his stable we will slaughter him. Frampton has had two reasonably tough outings in his last two so given that and the fact this is reasonably short notice I am inclined to give him a bit of a pass on this one and wait and see what follows it.

Really hope though that this is a blip rather than the new norm for Frampton as I really rate him and he was building some nice momentum, would be a tragedy to see him stall or lose that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down