The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions team for first Test against Australia

+67
blackcanelion
Icu
509boy
Scrumdown
flyhalffactory
B91212
daiglass63
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
dragonbreath
Cadair Idris
Breadvan
captain carrantuohil
The Great Aukster
tatterd
BlueNote
tecphobe
belovedfrosties
Rugby Fan
nobbled
funnyExiledScot
HammerofThunor
GLove39
Toohey
Submachine
Thomond
SecretFly
Metal Tiger
ChequeredJersey
rodders
nlpnlp
George Carlin
Liam
kingjohn7
Duty281
hugehandoff
RubyGuby
Higher_Ground
pete (buachaill on eirne)
GunsGerms
fa0019
Scrumpy
bluestonevedder
HQ matt
nathan
wales606
aucklandlaurie
10to15
doctornickolas
bedfordwelsh
valtrepkos
maestegmafia
doddieman
jimmyinthewell68
BigTrevsbigmac
jelly
RDW
gleesonisgod
littlejohn
offload
LondonTiger
Norfolklass
t1000advancedprototype
wanderingdragon
majesticimperialman
lostinwales
Goosestepper
Artful_Dodger
71 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Lions team for first Test against Australia - Page 2 Empty Lions team for first Test against Australia

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 20 Jun 2013, 3:23 am

First topic message reminder :

15. Leigh Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues/Wales)
14. Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues/Wales)
13. Brian O'Driscoll (Leinster/Ireland)
12. Jonathan Davies (Scarlets/Wales)
11. George North (Scarlets/Wales)
10. Jonathan Sexton (Leinster/Ireland)
9. Mike Phillips (Bayonne/Wales)

1. Alex Corbisiero (London Irish/England)
2. Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers/England)
3. Adam Jones (Ospreys/Wales)
4. Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys/Wales)
5. Paul O'Connell (Munster/Ireland)
6. Tom Croft (Leicester Tigers/England)
7. Sam Warburton (Cardiff Blues/Wales, capt)
8. Jamie Heaslip (Leinster/Ireland)

Replacements
16. Richard Hibbard (Ospreys/Wales)
17. Makovina Vunipola (Saracens/England)
18. Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers/England)
19. Geoff Parling (Leicester Tigers/England)
20. Dan Lydiate (Dragons/Wales)
21. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers/England)
22. Owen Farrell (Saracens/England)
23. Sean Maitland (Glasgow Warriors/Ireland)

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Lions team for first Test against Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Lions team for first Test against Australia

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:52 am

VictorU3 wrote:Rodber, Clarke & Richards.

Ahhh those were the days:D

Looks like England will be called on to save the day if things get tight.

Quite right Hersh

Back to top Go down

Lions team for first Test against Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Lions team for first Test against Australia

Post by fa0019 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:54 am

Vunipola shouldn't feel hard done by... he's had an amazing series and was never a genuine start contender. He was chosen to wreck dirt tracker teams in the loose who are say 50kg lighter per pack and less scrum proficient.

Corbisiero is the better tackler anyhow and not a terrible carrier. Come the AIs Vunipola will still be 2nd choice loosehead behind Corbisiero for England... and will be for a few seasons in all probability.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Higher_Ground Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:55 am

Boys, you really need to move on from this Cuthbert defence myth. If anyone can point out an instance where he was found wanting defensively that didn't involve him defending a 2 on 1, I would take note. I don't class him being illegally blocked for the Morahan try as poor defence.
Great looking team, sometimes I think we take players being left out of the side worse than the players themselves!
People have been slating Gatland since the minute he was announced as coach, but you could make a convincing argument for every man on that tour to be starting on Saturday. Credit where it's due.
Can't wait to cheer for Croft, and not be hoping for BOD to get smashed etc. LIONS!!

Higher_Ground

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:57 am

Risca Rev wrote:

Quite right Hersh

Is he HERSH...? God I had forgotten all about him.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:58 am

No qualms with the team - A few 50/50 decisions at hooker and back row but nothing more than that - Time to get behind Gatland and the boys thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:01 am

maestegmafia wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:

Quite right Hersh

Is he HERSH...? God I had forgotten all about him.

Yes he is. I can spot him a mile off and not because he's put himself as a Bath fan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:04 am

No I'm not maestegmafia.

But some people just can't accept when they are wrong.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:05 am

That's right Hersh.

Back to top Go down

Post by hugehandoff Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:07 am

I agreed with Fa re Vuni....he was always intended as an impact sub at best for the tests. Clearly Cian and Gethin would have started if fit. Vuni could be a scrum weakness and Gats has explained that Corbs is picked because of that. Corbs would have picked for the tour Over Vuni if he had not been injured. Having said all of that I have been impressed with Vuni's performances on the tour and I look forward to seeing him make a telling contribution on Sat (but for me we should have had Sheridan as the Aussies would not have enjoyed that).

Big call re Youngs and his arrows have won his a starting spot. I would have been tempted to start Hibbard and attempt to scrum the Aussies off the park, but again we can look forward to his impact off the bench. I think the 2nd row look great, but I do rate Horwill and expect this to be a serious battle, which hopefully we can edge. Parling has earnt his bench spot. 

Back row will have to really battle for the lives, but I think they will go well. SOB is unlucky but may still have a  crucial role to play in later tests.

The backs do pick themselves for the moment and it will be fingers crossed time that no more injuries occur. I would have been tempted to have Zebo on the bench ahead of Maitland as I have been impressed by him so far. A real selection problem for the 2nd test to see how and if they re-introduce Bowe, Roberts, Tuilagi and even Kearny.

Come on the Lions!

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:07 am

Would rather have had Vunipola starting, and would have rather have had O'Brien and Hogg on the bench instead of Lydiate and Maitland. Enough moaning though.

Come on you Lionnnnssss!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:08 am

Having watched a number of the Lions series on Sky recently the thing we lacked in the last 20 was someone to stop the opposition at source and we lost momentum and faded. Lydiate is your man here and Gatland has made a wise choice. Come the last 20 it is not the Crofts and SOB's that are going to win us the game Lions team for first Test against Australia - Page 2 732107

RubyGuby

Lions team for first Test against Australia - Page 2 Icon_user_profile Lions team for first Test against Australia - Page 2 Icon_contact_pm

Lions team for first Test against Australia - Page 2 EmptyLions team for first Test against Australia - Page 2 Empty

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:09 am

You see what I mean maestegmafia his paranoid!

I'm guessing Bath have one or two supporters on 606v2 so its a easy mistake to make for some people
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:11 am

Duty281 wrote:Would rather have had Vunipola starting, and would have rather have had O'Brien and Hogg on the bench instead of Lydiate and Maitland. Enough moaning though.

Come on you Lionnnnssss!

Vunipola, Gray and Maitland are the only guys on the bench that are potential game changers. As you say Hogg would have been a good addition of pace and vision.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:12 am

Surely Lydiate starts or he's not in the squad. I rate him highly and wouldnt mind him starting but on the bench just doesnt make sense to me. Tips or Obrien would be much better options wouldnt they? What happens if Heaslip or Warbs(likely) gets injured. Obv the coaches know better than me so will trust them but still dont understand.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:16 am

I'd have TIPS or SOB on my bench ahead of Lydiate, does seem a strange call to me also i'd have Hogg over Maitland.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:16 am

For me, lydiate should have started. I think he's been outstanding this tour, especially against the reds. He's also very good at the breakdown where it wi be fierce contest. I would have had him on for the first 60 with SOB coming on as the impact sub.

Faletau is also very unlucky IMO. I think he's been better than heaslip this tour, and with heaslip having a dodgy last game, I thought Toby would have got the nod.

Would have gone Richie gray on the bench. Parking has been good but Richie has been overall the better player and a superb impact sub to bring on.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:22 am

VictorU3 wrote:You see what I mean maestegmafia his paranoid!

I'm guessing Bath have one or two supporters on 606v2 so its a easy mistake to make for some people

You've just shown the reason how I know it's you. Well done Hershy boy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:23 am

The Lions forwards must restrict the Oz getting any ball on the front foot as that Oz backline if they get the opportunity could be frightening.

Deans tactics will target IC and wing positions.

SOB ahould be on the bench and Youngs should start at SH, Hibbard is unlucky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:25 am

I'm not sure why Youngs should start. I'm not seeing this speedy delivery he'd allegedly bring over Phillips thus far. I think the scrum half call is correct.

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:27 am

I think Phillips starting is the right call too. He's been on fire this tour and constantly testing the fringes of the rucks. Youngs was underwhelming against the Brumbies, but does have a good record against Australia and Genia.

Let Phillips start the match and absorb some of the physciality as he can much better than Youngs. I think Youngs will be an excellent impact sub, especially if brought on at the same time as the front row substitutes to provide a good platform around the park.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:29 am

Durr with a side of headslap. Posted this on the wrong thread this morning:

You can take your pick with the marginal calls - I think that a lot depends on what your substitution strategy is going to be.

The first thing to say is congratulations to Tom Youngs. What a massive success story that is and a fillup to anyone who has only ever seen themselves play in one position. Pays to listen to your coaches sometimes. Obviously his accurate throwing and big tackle count got him there. I think that Hibbard would be a big impact sub too so I can understand this decision.

Next, I am happy with Corbs providing a scrum anchor, leaving Vuni to come on when players are flagging and start to run through them. It maximises his assets and minimises his deficiencies. Corbs was always going to get the shirt with Rowntree there - the nature of his call-up told us that immediately.

Am fine with Warbs starting but I have a big problem with Lydiate on the bench which simply is not justifiable over Tipuric. If it was someone like Ryan Jones who offers flexibility across a number of different positions, then I would understand it, but Lydiate does not. It's a defensive rather than an offensive selection and it does not provide us with a different tactical option if we're losing at the breakdown (the chances of which are slightly increased without Faletau's work rate), which I think is a fairly big mistake.

I have no problem with Croft. I am content he did enough in the other games and we will need his speed against Hooper and the extra lineout option that he offers. However, see note above about Tips missing.

Davies deserves his shot and is there on merit. I also don't understand people being worried about him playing 12. Unless I'm going mad I've seen him there a couple of times for the Scarlets this past season. Tualagi has vanished from the 23 entirely. I can only assume that the shoulder just isn't right.

Wings are fine for me - I just hope that nobody is being rushed back from injury early. Must be devastating for a player to break down during a match like this. I have faith in James Robson though - he's said 'no' to much fiercer coaches than Gatland before.

The bench I have some issues with, though. As I mentioned, from a tactical perspective and also based on form over the past fortnight, I just don't understand why Lydiate is there instead of Tipuric. Does Gats assume that we'll be ahead with 20 to go and we just need to maintain a defensive line? It's the only reason I can think of. Deans now has the stronger bench and that annoys me, because it needn't be the case.

Parling over Gray is actually the biggest shock of the 23 for me and based on the aggregate form of each of them over the past fortnight, I really don't understand it. Gray offers more of an all round game and athleticism is going to be really important against big lumps like Mowen and Douglas as we have to move them around. I just see what Parling offers in preference other than lineour solidity. Is that the reason? Does Gats think that O'Connell may not last the whole match and the set piece should be the priority? It's all I can think of.

What's done is done. Gatland has put his faith in his Welsh team. If it works, he'll be lauded. If it doesn't, he will inevitably be accused of wearing blinkers. But that's the job.

Does that Lions 23 have enough to beat the Wallabies? I think so, but (as will always be the case with something this subjective), I don't think that he's given us every chance. Close, but not quite. We can target the back row - Mowen will be key as he'll need to play both 6 and 8 in this game (when Palu comes off after an hour as he always does, and he's carrying a knee injury), bearing in mind that Simmons can only cover lock and Gill cannot play 8. It's a lot of pressure on a debutant and Heaslip and Warbuton need to be all over him.

Will be glued to the big screen.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:30 am

VictorU3 wrote:I'd have TIPS or SOB on my bench ahead of Lydiate, does seem a strange call to me also i'd have Hogg over Maitland.

100% agreed.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:30 am

bluestonevedder wrote:I think Phillips starting is the right call too. He's been on fire this tour and constantly testing the fringes of the rucks. Youngs was underwhelming against the Brumbies, but does have a good record against Australia and Genia.

Let Phillips start the match and absorb some of the physciality as he can much better than Youngs. I think Youngs will be an excellent impact sub, especially if brought on at the same time as the front row substitutes to provide a good platform around the park.
Yes, we need Philips to stop Hooper and Mowen charging down the 10 channel early in the game. The first half an hour is going to be brutally physical and we need to hold them. Philips is the right call but I can see Youngs getting on in the second half.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:31 am

regarding youngs, he's delivered fast ball in every game other than the brumbies game where the forwards were useless.

Phillips has nowhere near been on fire!? he looks to take too much on himself and his service has been sloooooooow

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nlpnlp Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:31 am

Why is everyone assuming the Lions will need people to come off the bench and change the game?  It is far more likely that the Lions will start the 1st test stronger than the Aussies and will look to close out the game in the last 20 minutes - in which case Lydiate looks a much better option than SOB or Tipuric.

nlpnlp

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:35 am

I think that's what Gats is hoping nlp. The problem comes if we are not ahead with 20 to go, are chasing the game and are losing at the breakdown. Then I would so much rather have SOB or Tips to come on as I have much more confidence in their ability to carry strongly and steal ball (respectively).
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:42 am

I am surprised that he didnt start with Lydiate to be honest. I thought when it came to the first test selection that he would go for an out and out defensive backrow.

Croft is going to have to start pulling his weight a lot more at the breakdown in this game. The Ozzie backrow is fierce, their bench too with Gill to come on. There are plenty of ball carriers in their team and there will need to be a lot of tackling done by the Lions.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:43 am

No real surprises - thought Faletau would get the nod but Heaslip is in better form so is worth the start.

O'Brien unlucky not to make the bench, as is Tipuric. Both would bring more from the bench than Lydiate.

Maitland has done buck all on this tour but is a logical bench pick.  

Still see the Auzzies winning comfrortably.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:43 am

nathan wrote:regarding youngs, he's delivered fast ball in every game other than the brumbies game where the forwards were useless.

Phillips has nowhere near been on fire!? he looks to take too much on himself and his service has been sloooooooow

Phillips has looked pretty good to me Nathan, but we don't all have to agree. He's made some excellent breaks and tested the defence countless times. Fair point maybe his service has been slow at times, but I think Youngs' game against the Brumbies really counted against him.

I reckon Youngs will come on and have a stormer though.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:44 am

nlpnlp wrote:Why is everyone assuming the Lions will need people to come off the bench and change the game?  It is far more likely that the Lions will start the 1st test stronger than the Aussies and will look to close out the game in the last 20 minutes - in which case Lydiate looks a much better option than SOB or Tipuric.

Just because we might not need them to change the game, it doesn't mean we can't scrutinise the players for their game changing potential should it be needed.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:46 am

fa0019 wrote:Vunipola shouldn't feel hard done by... he's had an amazing series and was never a genuine start contender. He was chosen to wreck dirt tracker teams in the loose who are say 50kg lighter per pack and less scrum proficient.

Corbisiero is the better tackler anyhow and not a terrible carrier. Come the AIs Vunipola will still be 2nd choice loosehead behind Corbisiero for England... and will be for a few seasons in all probability.

I know it's popular to hate on Marler and that both Corbs and Mako are ahead of him in the England LH stakes, but don't discount him either, the new laws will suit his bind better than most and he's just as young as Mako with hands so soft he ought to lend them to Barritt. More immediately he was MOTM and instrumental in 2 penalty tries against Argentina and worked hard in the loose and annihilated Bustos all series. Will be hard work for any of the 3 to nail down the LH berths
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:50 am

Aside from Lydiate that is the 23 man squad I would have picked from the available players. As with many others on here I would have gone with Tips or SOB instead.

Do think we should be starting with Youngs instead of Phillips. Ben will thrive behind that pack and if he is getting decent presentation at the set peice & breakdown will pull the Oz defence from one side of the pitch to the other with his quick delivery. Then when the Aussies are flagging gaps will start to appear which will be perfect for Phillips route one approach.

I think Gray is unlucky not to be included but AWJ played himself into the test on his last couple of games and Parling just offers more around the park.

Jersey pressed, spot reserved in boozer, wife out shopping.

LIOOONNNNNSSS!!!
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:51 am

nlpnlp wrote:Why is everyone assuming the Lions will need people to come off the bench and change the game?  It is far more likely that the Lions will start the 1st test stronger than the Aussies and will look to close out the game in the last 20 minutes - in which case Lydiate looks a much better option than SOB or Tipuric.

I'd say it would be safer to work on the premise that you're losing - to Australia on home soil - in your choice of a bench than to assume you'll be winning.  If you're winning then minimal bench participation is often the better deal as the balance can be rattled by too many.  If you're losing then you're hoping the bench are the players you should have picked in the first place! Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:58 am

bluestonevedder wrote:
nathan wrote:regarding youngs, he's delivered fast ball in every game other than the brumbies game where the forwards were useless.

Phillips has looked pretty good to me Nathan, but we don't all have to agree. He's made some excellent breaks and tested the defence countless times. Fair point maybe his service has been slow at times, but I think Youngs' game against the Brumbies really counted against him.

Very true indeed, I just keep reading that people say he played poorly and think they don't take into consideration how poorly the pack performed.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:58 am

I think people are being a little hard on Croft, when I've seen him play he hardley takes it easy fair enough he doesn't do what Lydiate does but his not work shy either.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:59 am

That Australia team is incredibly strong, the way the Lions have treid to play in a lot of the warm up games (slow ball) will get them killed, they need to do things quick, and get to the breakdown fast, which they have been sluggish at doing for the large part. I can't see them winning it in all honesty. I'm relatively happy with the selections, I don't rate Cuthbert in defence, at least North can do a decent job defending kicks, Cuthbert can't turn, and his tackling is quite abysmal, I wouldn't have picked him but neither Zebo or Maitland were screaming give me the shirt.

The bench selections are incredibly conservative, there are only two players there who could actually have a role in changing the game, Vunipola and Parling, maybe Youngs at a push. Lydiate's selection is baffling.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:02 am

nathan wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:

Very true indeed, I just keep reading that people say he played poorly and think they don't take into consideration how poorly the pack performed.

The pack were awful and provided him with no base to launch an attack. Unfortunately for Youngs, it's always the latest game that lingers in people's minds.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:14 am

bluestonevedder wrote:
nathan wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:

The pack were awful and provided him with no base to launch an attack. Unfortunately for Youngs, it's always the latest game that lingers in people's minds.

Its also a worry though, the Aussies have a strong pack, if the Lions aren't up to it with a two man backrow our halfbacks will be on the backfoot and if Youngs were on he would struggle. He always does without a winning pack in front of him.

We are taking a risk with such a "fly away" backrow in the first test... The aim is to win, to start the series well, to give us the upper hand and not to just go out to play flare rugby and try to blow the Aussies off the park. We try that after winning the first two tests.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:23 am

Crikey - when did received wisdom have Heaslip down as a weak defender? Not something I think that I've ever associated with him?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:32 am

maestegmafia wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:
nathan wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:

Its also a worry though, the Aussies have a strong pack, if the Lions aren't up to it with a two man backrow our halfbacks will be on the backfoot and if Youngs were on he would struggle. He always does without a winning pack in front of him.

We are taking a risk with such a "fly away" backrow in the first test... The aim is to win, to start the series well, to give us the upper hand and not to just go out to play flare rugby and try to blow the Aussies off the park. We try that after winning the first two tests.

but if the ozzy pack are strong all Phillips will do is run into them, he wont be providing quick ball for our backs.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:37 am

As scratch sides go that team is pretty awesome. Great balance, huge scrumaging ability, lots of options at lineout and should be competitive on opposition lineout.
Hopefully all of the above will mean a plentiful supply of ball to unleash a potentially devastating attacking backline with Croft and Heaslip linking.
If we don't have early dominance I can see Croft being halled ashore early with Lydiate coming on to bolster the ground forces.
Key men for Lions gameplan assuming an edge in the set piece are AWJ, POC and Warburton. They will need to be massively physical at every breakdown with the captain leading by example.
I fully expect Warburton to have an outstanding game, but doing the "unseen" work. Can't see him gettng many turnovers but slowing down opposition ball legally is the next best thing.
Can't wait for this now. Buzzing

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Toohey Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:50 am

maestegmafia wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:
nathan wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:

I know Warburton hasn't exactly been firing yet but to not even count him as part of the back row is a bit harsh.  He is the captain after all, show some respect!

Toohey

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:54 am

Artful_Dodger wrote:

Is that suppose to be funny?

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:55 am

Toohey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:
nathan wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:

I know Warburton hasn't exactly been firing yet but to not even count him as part of the back row is a bit harsh.  He is the captain after all, show some respect!

Nvm Toohey - luckily we have Farrell on the bench to come on when needed Laugh

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:17 pm

GLove39 wrote:
Artful_Dodger wrote:

Is that suppose to be funny?

What would the joke be if it was? Confused. Must go up now and check Dodger's full post.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:25 pm

The joke being that Zebo is supposed to be there......

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:32 pm

Thomond wrote:The joke being that Zebo is supposed to be there......
Is this the same way that I'm *supposed* to be married to Keira Knightly by now?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:35 pm

Did she stand you up?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:37 pm

If Warbs does go off injured, we are screwed

But I guess the reasoning behind Lydiate is that the Aussie are likely to have 2 no7s on the pitch at 60 minutes - so Lydiate will be brought on to tighten up the rucks and work alongside Warburton on turnovers

Lydiate was very good at doing 60 minute 100% stints before subbing off for Ryan Jones a few years ago - it will be interesting to see the intensity he plays at if only on for 20 minutes.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:38 pm

I have probably missed the "joke" but just to point out that Maitland is listed as playing for Glasgow and Ireland

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next