The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Many Majors will Rose win?

+6
monty junior
JAS
goldwolf
navyblueshorts
Roller_Coaster
McLaren
10 posters

Go down

By the time he lays his clubs down for the last time how many majors will JR have on his CV?

How Many Majors will Rose win? Vote_lcap18%How Many Majors will Rose win? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]
How Many Majors will Rose win? Vote_lcap59%How Many Majors will Rose win? Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 13 ]
How Many Majors will Rose win? Vote_lcap14%How Many Majors will Rose win? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
How Many Majors will Rose win? Vote_lcap5%How Many Majors will Rose win? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
How Many Majors will Rose win? Vote_lcap0%How Many Majors will Rose win? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How Many Majors will Rose win? Vote_lcap0%How Many Majors will Rose win? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How Many Majors will Rose win? Vote_lcap4%How Many Majors will Rose win? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 22

How Many Majors will Rose win? Empty How Many Majors will Rose win?

Post by McLaren Mon 17 Jun 2013, 5:21 am

By the time he lays his clubs down for the last time how many majors will JR have on his CV?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

How Many Majors will Rose win? Empty Re: How Many Majors will Rose win?

Post by McLaren Mon 17 Jun 2013, 7:56 am

So no one agrees with Tony Jacklins prediction of 5 majors for Justin?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 17 Jun 2013, 8:27 am

I think one more and I think that will leave him 2 ahead of Westwood, Donald and Garcia when they're all done and dusted.

Hope I'm wrong (and under-estimating) on all 4 of them but that's my guess.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 17 Jun 2013, 9:47 am

No, I don't agree with Jacklin. Mainly because Rose's putting isn't good enough under most circumstances. If he improves that significantly, who knows? Given he's now won one, I think he might get one or two more. Maybe.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Mon 17 Jun 2013, 4:16 pm

It won't let me vote for 9 mac? Smile

I went for 3.

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 17 Jun 2013, 5:13 pm

So hard to tell. If he keeps his current game then yes he can win another 1 or 2. He's good but I wouldn't say he's Faldo good or Seve good...on the other hand I would say he is at least Harrington good and he has 3
You can never tell though. At the time he won his PGA title how many majors did we think Kaymer was going to win?...and do we still think the same number now?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 17 Jun 2013, 5:43 pm

I think he can win another win but who know's, did anyone think in 2008 when Tiger won his 14th  major that he wouldn't win another one by 2013, or that Els would only win 2 more majors after winning 2 US opens at such a young age. I think he could win a British Open, i don't fancy him in a shootout at the Masters or PGA because his putting whilst good this week is not a strength. If Harrington can win 3 though, then so can Rose.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Mon 17 Jun 2013, 5:54 pm

I think he may well go on to win 4 or 5. His putting has been sketchy but so much of that is mental and now he's got the confidence boost of being a major winner, and the knowledge that he performed under the highest pressure.

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 17 Jun 2013, 6:13 pm

Whatever happens, it would be great if a couple others with one would get on with it and bag another. The more multiple major winners, the better competition at the the top level will be.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 18 Jun 2013, 8:14 am

If he goes onto win 4 or 5 then you are talking about a fringe all time great player, up there with Mickleson and Els. Have we ever really thought of him in those terms before ?
I wouldn't say he has done a lot more than Scott up till now in his career, pretty much similar IMO. Do people think he will get 4 or 5 as well ?
I think he might get one more, two would be amazing, but I cant see anything beyond that. Then again who would have thought Cabrera would get two or even that Paddy would get three. So who knows.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 18 Jun 2013, 8:27 am

Diggers

I agree, if he wins another it would be surprising but possible, anymore than that is exceptionally unlikely.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Tue 18 Jun 2013, 8:32 am

It is unlikely but only in the sense that its unlikely for anyone to win 4 or 5 with the depth of talent currently playing. His long game is up there with the best and if he takes some putting confidence from this win then he's as likely as anyone else to grab a handful.

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 18 Jun 2013, 8:35 am

in the absense of mysti, i'm going to do a mysti, do your best to follow, it makes perfect sense Very Happy

i think the chances of justin getting to 2 now, are higher than they were for him getting to 1 this time last week. he did it this week, so why not.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 18 Jun 2013, 8:45 am

I get that.

I'm worried now.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 18 Jun 2013, 8:57 am

Laugh
I was going to throw in some percentages, but thought I'd better ease myself into the role slowly, lest the wind changes and I get stuck...

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 18 Jun 2013, 11:34 am

barragan wrote:Laugh
I was going to throw in some percentages, but thought I'd better ease myself into the role slowly, lest the wind changes and I get stuck...
Laugh haven't heard that one for some time thumbsup.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Tue 18 Jun 2013, 11:58 am

barragan wrote:Laugh
Starting at the year 2000, a total of 29 players (excl Rose) have won their 1st Major (of these only 5 have gone on to win another - Goosen, Mickelson, Harri, Cabrera & McIlroy).......Not sure winning your 2nd is easier than winning your first............

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down