The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which fight has a special place in your life???

+5
Rowley
captain carrantuohil
Steffan
Strongback
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
9 posters

Go down

Which fight has a special place in your life??? Empty Which fight has a special place in your life???

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 12 Jun 2013, 6:56 pm

As the title asks, which one is a fight you think of that makes you smile, brings back a memory etc.

For me it was Mayweather vs Mosely 2nd May, 2010...

The missus waters break about an hour before the fight, im out half jarred in my local with the small fella out of Dirty Sanchez, stupidly had invited him and the rest of his crew (who were going a gig close by) to mine to watch the fight when I get the call saying the baby is on its way.

Rushed over to the hospital, and somehow made an excuse that I hads to go back to my house to pick up a jumper and sat and watched the fight while she was in agony, screaming her head off pushin out the kid.....had to get the priorities straight, I fell in love with boxing long before falling in love with her haha.

Anywhoooo, after the fight, mad dash back to the hospital where about 3 hours later my lil lad made his appearance.

So anytime I ever see a youtube video etc with Mayweather vs Mosely, it reminds me of that night and always brings a sly smile.

Over to you....hopefully a few funny tales.

Cheers

Dee
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Which fight has a special place in your life??? Empty Re: Which fight has a special place in your life???

Post by Strongback Wed 12 Jun 2013, 8:01 pm

Easy...Barrera v Hamed for obvious reasons.

I'll never forget the excitement of McGuigan beating Pedrosa.

Somebody beating up Haye would be up there but he'd have to stop running for a couple of seconds for that to happen.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Which fight has a special place in your life??? Empty Re: Which fight has a special place in your life???

Post by Steffan Wed 12 Jun 2013, 8:10 pm

Calzaghe v Hopkins in the Thomas & Mack Centre

I went to the fight. Then went to the after fight party in the Planet Hollywood

Managed to touch Stallone on his crinkly neck as he was walking around. Then me and my brother ended up in some Vegas club that was pure gangsta style. Got drunk and passed out back in the hotel room

Tyson v Lewis was another one

Didnt go to the fight but was down my local. Me and another guy chipped in with my mate to watch the fight

Was just about to go up the house when I pulled some rather drunk bird. She says do I wanna go back to her house which wasnt that far from my mates. Im thinking 'Ok...I got time to go up her house...give her a some quick Steffan loving before heading over to my mates for the fight'

I tell the boys il see them up the house. Go back to her house and we start necking. Next thing I know shes pulling out a load of amphetamine out of the draw. I dont mind drugs but cant be taking that stuff and looning out when the big fight is less than 3 hours away

Make my excuses and go to leave. She goes nuts and starts shouting. Slams the door in my face as I leave. I go to my mates...get drunk and watch Lewis beat a shot Tyson

All good fun

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 12 Jun 2013, 8:14 pm

Haha, Steffan I was in my cousins during the Lewis Tyson fight and got threw out due to my mouth moving up and beginning to chew my eyebrows after indulging in a few tablets.

The only thing I really remember is pouring a bowl of popcorn over my head because I thought it was a bowl of water with bubbles in it.

I was quickly edged towards the door and told I had to get out.

You just reminded me of that so cheers haha
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Wed 12 Jun 2013, 8:44 pm

Ali-Frazier I. No fight comes close in its significance for me. My first memories of life itself, let alone sport in general, or boxing specifically, revolve around that fight. It introduced me to boxing, nurtured my passion for the sport and set a benchmark that I'm still eager to see repeated. In many ways it was one of the most significant events of any description of that year and I consider myself lucky to have a memory of it.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Jun 2013, 8:49 pm

By no means a mega fight but think Clinton Woods finally winning his world title at the fourth attempt against Rico Hoye is right up there. Local lad and one of the sports genuine triers and was a very emotional night seeing a local lad and one of the sports good guys finally get his reward.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:00 pm

Hagler v Hearns.

I woke up early to listen to this fight on the radio. The commentator couldn't keep up with the action in the first round and even in the second and third rounds it was hard to tell who was winning. When Hagler eventually won I screamed and woke up everybody in the house.

Great memory for me.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:10 pm

About five fights which hold memories for me more than others....

Holmes vs Norton......Fight that got me interested in the sport.........

Holmes vs Shavers....Showed what heart and guts Larry had.........

Curry   vs Mcrory......Highlight of the fighter who will always be special to me....Basically grew up watching him as an amateur and pro and have never seen anybody with his gifts..

Bramble v Rosario......Still trying to figure out what made Bramble implode and go from a $1 million fighter to a 20,000 bucks one.........

Chavez v Rosario.......Was going to stay in and watch this fight but got dragged to a party instead and now I'm in England........but still sexy.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:28 pm

Tyson v Bruno 1.

Remember how big this fight was over here and Tyson was like a hero of mine......and still is.

Mayweather v Canelo.

Just remember how Money May's haters were just stunned with a shared look of disbelief at the end of the fight when Mayweather won by country mile shut out.......great memories.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed 12 Jun 2013, 11:12 pm

Hatton vs Mayweather - I was a casual fan until this fight and the build up and everything about it got me hooked on the sport.

Khan vs Maidana - Watched Khan since the Olympics and always enjoyed watching all of his early fights on ITV with the family. Just me and my Dad watching the Maidana fight and I will always remember both of us standing up shouting at him to run and hold during that tenth round. I actually find it a bit difficult watching Khan recently having followed him as a novice to watching him now I just feel he is going to get badly hurt and I don't want to see it.

Donaire vs Rigo - These two both had a feeling of invulnerability about them and I was so psyched to see them both in the ring, it was really lively on here as well which is when you know you've got a genuinely competitive fight on your hands, as good as Mayweather is it was dead on here for his fight against Guerrero as everyone knew the result before hand. Back to Donaire vs Rigo though this will always be a fight that stands out as a huge disappointment for me as Donaire is my favourite fighter and to see him so nullified and in such a stinker of a fight was just horrible.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down