The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place Your Bets, Who Will Floyd Fight?

+11
Lance
Daz
Mind the windows Tino.
two_tone
Rowley
KingMonkey
Coola
coxy0001
88Chris05
Union Cane
Valero's Conscience
15 posters

Go down

Place Your Bets, Who Will Floyd Fight? Empty Place Your Bets, Who Will Floyd Fight?

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:26 pm

Floyd is apparently attending a hearing today to receive his boxing license to fight on May 5th and rumours are he will announce his opponent after.

Personally, I don't believe any rumours now about Pac of Floyd so very much doubt he'll announce his opponent today but taking into account everything you've heard and the fact the fight is over a Mexican holiday (or something) who do you realistically think he'll fight?

I've got a horrible feeling it'll be a huge anti climax and be Morales! Sad

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Place Your Bets, Who Will Floyd Fight? Empty Re: Place Your Bets, Who Will Floyd Fight?

Post by Union Cane Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:27 pm

Marquez.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Place Your Bets, Who Will Floyd Fight? Empty Re: Place Your Bets, Who Will Floyd Fight?

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:30 pm

Ortiz rematch, anyone? His fight against Berto (looks) off, wouldn't be all that surprised if the 'controversy' from the first fight gets him another shot at Floyd. The Mexican angle, naturally, helps matters.

I can but keep my fingers crossed for Alvarez-Mayweather one of these days, I suppose.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:31 pm

Marquez is tied up with the Top Rank bumboys party.

Heard Alvarez and also heard they've been speaking to Cotto's camp. Both would be an interesting fight provided they're at the full 154lb LMW limit and Floyd doesn't try to create some light super middle weltermiddleweight division like some other goon does.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Coola Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:37 pm

Cotto

Coola

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:38 pm

Hopefully it'll be Cotto at 154. Failing that Alvarez. And least of all, Guerrero.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Ghost a lot but I'd rather Floyd tests himself against a bigger guy.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:42 pm

Gavin Rees

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:52 pm

Valuev

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:53 pm

Roger

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:15 pm

Cotto or Canelo - Pacman is out of the picture for this summer.

Hopefully Canelo but I wouldn't mind seeing Floyd in with Cotto either.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:27 pm

wont be cotto. arum will be looking to make cotto a force and build oh his glorified victory over marg with some more wins. would be surprised if it was ortiz either, as that would mean a pretty last minute decision by flloyd. maybe hes waiting for morales to win his next fight at the end of february

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:30 pm

I would hate it to be Ortiz. Doesnt deserve another shot after that blatant head butt.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:41 pm

Does anybody care enough to place a bet??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:43 pm

Ortiz would make sense now the fight is off. Pacquiao would be the best choice obviously. Obviously thats never going to happen thanks to a certain old someone.

My bet, if i had to place one, would be on Cotto at 154lbs.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:50 pm

Cotto I would prefere. Anyone who wants Ortiz rematch is smoking some heavy green

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:13 pm

My post was who you think he'll fight rather than who you want him to.

I could imagine Ortiz happening as it would work out well with the Mexican holiday as an American Mexican and there is some history to help sell the fight i.e. they could have the tag line "Unfinished Business" or maybe "Head to 'Head" LOL!

I want Pac but we know it's a complete non starter, 2nd I'd have Alvarez at 154ibs to test him against an unbeaten prospect who is also huge at his weight, 3rd choice would be Cotto although can't see Cotto being able to trouble Floyd at all.

All that being said I could imagine Floyd getting Morales however I hope i'm wrong and if so, Floyd deserves some serious stick.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:20 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:My post was who you think he'll fight rather than who you want him to

Apologies

I still dont think he will fight Ortiz though. Nothing it in for Floyd other than a paycheck

Doubt he will rematch Marquez either

I actually think the Cotto fight could happen if not your call with Alvarez could be a cert

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:32 pm

To be fair I think Floyd will be keen to make a statement, when the Manny fight first fell apart he went out and took Mosley who was considered about as dangerous as was available, given he seems to have genuinely wanted the Manny fight this time I think he will want a fight that makes a genuine statement, that says "i'm still out there taking on the tough challenges" as such Cotto or Alvarez seem likely to me, also think he would take them at 154, try to show he can do it without any stips, to again stick it to Arum and Manny.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:34 pm

rowley wrote:also think he would take them at 154, try to show he can do it without any stips, to again stick it to Arum and Manny.

Lets hope so. Are you TEAM FLOYD like me Rowley?

Manny and Arum suck

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:36 pm

rowley wrote:To be fair I think Floyd will be keen to make a statement, when the Manny fight first fell apart he went out and took Mosley who was considered about as dangerous as was available, given he seems to have genuinely wanted the Manny fight this time I think he will want a fight that makes a genuine statement, that says "i'm still out there taking on the tough challenges" as such Cotto or Alvarez seem likely to me, also think he would take them at 154, try to show he can do it without any stips, to again stick it to Arum and Manny.

I truly hope your right!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:39 pm

Steffan wrote: Are you TEAM FLOYD like me Rowley?

I'm team bored of the bleeding lot of em steffan but if I didn't comment on the odd Manny or Floyd thread I'd have sod all to do on here.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:43 pm

rowley wrote:
Steffan wrote: Are you TEAM FLOYD like me Rowley?

I'm team bored of the bleeding lot of em steffan but if I didn't comment on the odd Manny or Floyd thread I'd have sod all to do on here.

it has been a bit bare lately here!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:44 pm

Ortiz. Cinque de Mayo and a Mexican (of sorts) means cash money baby!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down