The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

worst rugby tops

+5
fa0019
GunsGerms
bluestonevedder
Scrumpy
jimmyinthewell68
9 posters

Go down

worst rugby tops  Empty worst rugby tops

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 3:17 pm

just looking at recent Englands sevens rugby shirt which pretty bad i come across its 2008 stade Francaises third strip . sorry i dont know how to put links up . question is what the worst rugby top u wouldn't be seen dead in

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

worst rugby tops  Empty Re: worst rugby tops

Post by Scrumpy Fri 07 Jun 2013, 3:29 pm

Slightly off topic, I've been toying with the idea of getting a Lions shirt then I thought no I'll just wear the last tours shirt.

Does anyone else think that the shirt colour should rotate between the four home nations? so this year Red next time Blue/green/white and so on; as this would help increase shirt sales.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 3:39 pm

its not a Welsh red tho more crimson colour . could Shocked incorporate all the nations colours but then it would be pretty bad

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri 07 Jun 2013, 3:47 pm

I don't like the collar on the current Lions' shirts. I think the ones from 2009 were much better

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:02 pm

Not a fan of Stade's haute couture jerseys.

One of my favorite jerseys of all time is not a rugby jersey but a basketball one because of the the statement and sentiment behind the jersey was so unbelievably powerful yet gloriously ridiculous to look at. Here it is:

Spoiler:

For anyone interested this is the 1992 Lithuanian Olympic basketball team. As Lithuania had only just split from the Soviet Union and become an independant country they did not have the funding to send a team to the Olympics.

Accordingly the rock band "The Greatful Dead" decided to sponsor them and send them to the Olympics. As a gesture of thanks the team wore a specially designed Grateful Dead/Lithuania tie dye basketball kit complete with bumbags on the podium when collecting their medals. You couldnt make this up.

For anyone that appreciated a good feel good story I highly recommend "The Other Deam Team". It is the greatest sports/rock and roll/communist movie I have ever seen.

Must see!!!!

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:11 pm

I think the Stormers 1997 top will take a lot of beating. It was the combination of the WP blue stripped shirt but also had to incorporate the colours of Boland and the Sea Eagles which were yellow and red.

That England purple shirt by nike was a joke though... and that nike swoosh photo bomb at a twickenham home game was especially vomit creating.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:14 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Not a fan of Stade's haute couture jerseys.

One of my favorite jerseys of all time is not a rugby jersey but a basketball one because of the the statement and sentiment behind the jersey was so unbelievably powerful yet gloriously ridiculous to look at. Here it is:

Spoiler:

For anyone interested this is the 1992 Lithuanian Olympic basketball team. As Lithuania had only just split from the Soviet Union and become an independant country they did not have the funding to send a team to the Olympics.

Accordingly the rock band "The Greatful Dead" decided to sponsor them and send them to the Olympics. As a gesture of thanks the team wore a specially designed Grateful Dead/Lithuania tie dye basketball kit complete with bumbags on the podium when collecting their medals. You couldnt make this up.

For anyone that appreciated a good feel good story I highly recommend "The Other Deam Team". It is the greatest sports/rock and roll/communist movie I have ever seen.

Must see!!!!

Great back story Guns! Never heard of it, but will wach the documentary.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:18 pm

You should. It is a great story on so many levels. It has everything, great rivalries, nukes, tanks, tie dye, bum bags, mullets, commodore 64s, communism, underdogs and heros.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1606829/

Tagline:

Most Olympians dream of gold... Their dream was freedom.

Last edited by GunsGerms on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:18 pm

Errika Rowe thumbsup
2 milk cartons having a fight

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:32 pm

VictorU3 wrote:Slightly off topic, I've been toying with the idea of getting a Lions shirt then I thought no I'll just wear the last tours shirt.

Does anyone else think that the shirt colour should rotate between the four home nations? so this year Red next time Blue/green/white and so on; as this would help increase shirt sales.

No. If people are that bothered, they can just buy the training tops that generally come out in the different colours.

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:36 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
VictorU3 wrote:Slightly off topic, I've been toying with the idea of getting a Lions shirt then I thought no I'll just wear the last tours shirt.

No. If people are that bothered, they can just buy the training tops that generally come out in the different colours.

The colour doesnt really bother me to be honest. I would jsut see it as the Lions colour rather than the colour of any other nation.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:38 pm

The Top 14 billboards are bad.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:38 pm

Wales play in red
Englands faces were red last time I saw them in Cardiff
Ireland always see red
Scotlands bank account is in the red along with their hair

It's a unifying colour for all of us thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Fri 07 Jun 2013, 5:03 pm

Ruby

Surely the dark red clashes horribly with the traditional curly ginger mop of the average Scotsman? Wink

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:20 am

Best rugby shirt ever. thumbsup

http://www.x-tremerugbywear.com/Image/jerseys/custom_jersey/islander/custom_jersey_25f.jpg
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:33 am

Times like these i look to our regional cousins, the ospreys:

Spoiler:

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content