The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 Boxing Podcast Featuring Andre Berto.

+2
tomfinneywalksonwater
hampo17
6 posters

Go down

V2 Boxing Podcast Featuring Andre Berto. Empty V2 Boxing Podcast Featuring Andre Berto.

Post by hampo17 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:44 pm

Welcome to another edition of the v2Boxing podcast and what a cracking show we have in store for you this week featuring a very special guest.

In part one we discuss the possibility of Tyson Fury facing David Haye later this year, catchweights and whether they're good for boxing, whether not travelling abroad effects your legacy and have a quick look ahead to this weekends action.

In the 2nd part of the show we have the great pleasure of interviewing one of the nice guys in boxing ...Andre Berto.

He gives us his views on his upcoming fight, and explains how he has regained his hunger for boxing, the possibility of a fight with Amir Khan or Kell Brook in the UK, and what he wants next from his career.

To hear the answer to those questions and more click the link below.

Part 1 - General boxing chat

Part 2 - Interview with Andre

As always we would love to hear back from our listeners, from who you would like on the show to any improvements you think we could make feel free to contact us below.

Alternatively get in touch by emailing us at boxing@v2journal.com or follow us on twitter @v2journal & @v2boxing.

Also make sure to like our page on Facebook here

You can now subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here (click)

Previous shows:
Enzo Calzaghe 30th May
Gavin Rees and Martin Murray 22nd May
Peter Quillin 8th May
Peter Fury 24th April
Jay Deas 17th April
David Price 1st April
Eddie Chambers - 27th March
Deontay Wilder - 19th March
Brian Rose - 3rd March
Tyson Fury - 21st Feb
Nathan Cleverly - 14th Feb
Martin Murray - 6th Feb
Frank Maloney - 22nd January
Alex Arthur - 10th January
Scott Quigg - 20th December
Eubank Jr - 5th December

http://v2journal.com/16/post/2013/06/v2-boxing-podcast-with-andre-berto.html

I appologise the sound isn't great during the interview, but it was great to speak to Andre. I was surprised at his honesty regarding the drug tests as well.

Last edited by hampo171 on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

V2 Boxing Podcast Featuring Andre Berto. Empty Re: V2 Boxing Podcast Featuring Andre Berto.

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:51 pm

Hampo, is the link missing for the interview and the podcast subscription? It's not letting me do anything.

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

V2 Boxing Podcast Featuring Andre Berto. Empty Re: V2 Boxing Podcast Featuring Andre Berto.

Post by hampo17 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:51 pm

Ahh crap sorry, forgot to post the link to the journal picard

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:03 pm

Cheers Hampo!

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:06 pm

just amplify the crap out the sound haha, thats what we have to do

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:07 pm

Cheers again for arranging this mate.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:12 pm

no problem, was easier than with the American Football stuff. One email did the trick. I'd keep a note of her details though, simply because of who else she reps

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 06 Jun 2013, 8:19 am

Really enjoyed the podcast guys OK

Do you know what happened to Andre at the end? Laugh

Apart from that I thought Andre was actually a great guest, although very quiet at times. I thought he talked a lot of sense and a good interviewee.

First part was excellent although I will point out that Hughie Fury has had more than two fights! He's had 4 already and is fighting this weekend in Ireland meaning that since his debut, he has fought in the UK, New York, Canada, Romania and now Eire!

Not bad for someone who turned pro in March!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 06 Jun 2013, 9:31 am

Not sure if he got cut off Adam. Spoke to them later and said it would be great to have him back on soon and she said if we stay in contact they'd see what they can do.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 06 Jun 2013, 3:10 pm

Can I also say that the first section was excellent this week - the chat flowed well and was really interesting.

Anyone else listen to this yet?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 06 Jun 2013, 11:09 pm

Has anyone taken a listen?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 06 Jun 2013, 11:41 pm

From a business perspective what do the podcasts add to V2?

Would NOT having podcasts detract from the 606 experience? (I for one have never listened to a full show but keep coming back).

Has the 'daily hit' increased since podcasts were introduced? If so, to what extent can the increase be attributed to the podcasts rather than the 'V2 longevity and the associated word of mouth'?

Anyway. one day i hope to listen to them all....keep up the good work!

TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 12:21 am

Cheers, Adam. As always it was good fun doing this week's one - just had a chance to listen to it back now.

Just need to try and make my bumbling, depressed voice as smooth and media-friendly as yours and Hampo's now!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down