The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three Wishes...

5 posters

Go down

Three Wishes... Empty Three Wishes...

Post by x12x Sun 02 Jun 2013, 8:37 am

Congratulations! You have just found your very own Genie...what are you going to wish for!? Billions of pounds, the ability to fly, a million more wishes!? Well, I have some bad news...this is a wrestling Genie and he only grants wrestling related wishes.

So what do you wish for? if you could change three things about the WWE what would they be and why? (feel free to do a TNA list if you want)

Here's mine:

I wish the writers in the WWE would think about long term story lines:
I think this is an obvious one, I'm sick of feuds being teased and then randomly being canned...on the road to Wrestlemania we saw it between Sheamus & Barrett, they teased a feud and then dropped it completely for no obvious reason...they also (with the Royal Rumble) teased what would be an awesome feud with Ziggler and Jericho but suddenly that was canned too.

I wish WWE would stop jobbing their champions/stop using their best mid card talent to boost their main guys:
Since Dean Ambrose has got the US title this has actually improved but you just have to look at Cesaro when he held the title...he became a glorified jobber to the likes of Randy Orton when there was no need. It hurt the title, it hurt the push that in my opinion he deserves and it didn't really improve the standing of the guys he was jobbing too. I think this comes down to a "stop jobbing Cesaro" wish haha...It just annoys me that they complain he isn't over as a heel when they booked him like he couldn't win a fight against someone who was tied up.

Stop pushing the wrong people
I think this one is obvious isn't it? The WWE seem to have this thing where once they decide that they're going to push someone...nothing can change their mind and they will force that person on us until we give up and cheer...I call it the Ryback Attack.

I was stuck with the last wish between the one I chose and for them to stop talking about the damn app! Anyway, that's my one...what are yours?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Three Wishes... Empty Re: Three Wishes...

Post by Hero Sun 02 Jun 2013, 9:04 am

1. A tag division with tag teams.
Whilst Team Hell No have been a success Im fed up of cobbled together singles stars that WWE have nothing to do with for a while so they pair them with another guy, dominate bonafide tag teams for several months and then one of them turns on the other. I want tag teams where both guys start off as a tag partnership, they're brought through from NXT as a partnership, they wear the same shorts, they are known as a tag name rather than just Wrestler A & Wrestler B, that they have a tag finisher, that they stay together for considerable time. WWE seems to have forgotten how succesful the tag division has been for them over the years, guys like Bret Hart, HBK, Edge, Jeff Hardy, JBL etc all made their craft in the tag division, their characters were allowed to develop whilst part of it and when ready they could then flourish in singles.

2. Stop using lazy nationality gimmicks to introduce people from different countries. Everyone from Ireland doesn't wear green, from Tonga doesn't mean they are some savage native, its a lazy stereotype of a nation and WWE need to move on from this.

3. Bring in Samoa Joe & Kevin Steen. More of a personal wish this to end but how I'd love to see these two guys in the E with the guys that they could go up against, Punk v Joe deserves to be seen by a mass audience, as does Steen v Generico. Add to that though matches they could have v Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose etc and Id be fapping at my keyboard for a long time.

Last edited by Hero on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 02 Jun 2013, 11:24 am

Hero wrote:1. A tag division with tag teams.
Whilst Team Hell No have been a success Im fed,up of cobbled together singles stars that WWE have nothing to do with for a while so they pair them with another guy, dominate bonafide tag teams for several months and then one of them turns on the other. I want tag teams where both guys start off as a tag partnership, they're brought through from NXT as a partnership, they were the same shorts, they are known as a tag name rather than just Wrestler A & Wrestler B, that they have a tag finisher, that they stay together for considerable time. WWE seems to have forgotten how succesful the tag division has been for them over the years, guys like Bret Hart, HBK, Edge, Jeff Hardy, JBL etc all made their craft in the tag division, their characters were allowed to develop whilst part of it and when ready they could then flourish in singles.

2. Stop using lazy nationality gimmicks to introduce people from different countries. Everyone from Ireland doesn't wear green, from Tonga doesn't mean they are some savage native, its a lazy stereotype of a nation and WWE need to move on from this.

3. Bring in Samoa Joe & Kevin Steen. More of a personal wish this to end but how I'd love to see these two guys in the E with the guys that they could go up against, Punk v Joe deserves to be seen by a mass audience, as does Steen v Generico. Add to that though matches they could have v Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose etc and Id be fapping at my keyboard for a long time.

I agree with all three points made but the nationality one annoys the hell out of me...back on to Cesaro but they gave him the European strong man routine and then complained when it wasn't as over as they wanted it to be even though it's been played out more times than someone hitting the turnbuckle when they go for the Spear!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:24 am

1. Steel Cage matches will only end with someone leaving the cage and both feet hitting the floor. What is the point of them when you can win by pinfall or submission. It just becomes a sh*t Hell In A Cell match.

2. Bring back something resembling the Attitude Era. More adult themed product please. Especially when it comes to the divas. I want to see Aksana and Rosa Mendes getting it on!!

3. Replace the United States title with the European - I loved that belt!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:31 am

Three wishes for TNA:

1. Make Aces and 8s more dominant actoss the card. Basically, have Bischoff and Briscoe compete in the X Division, DOC and Knux in the tag division, Devon and Anderson in the TV Title division etc

2. Make sure that each division has some progression on at least every other show. ie dont forget about the x division for a month, have it on every other week in an alternate with the Knockout division.

3. Advertise properly. In other words, dont book a good main event without building it. If Bully is going to face Hogan (for example), tell people its happening next week. Dont give it away with no build.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:59 am

Adam D wrote:
3. Advertise properly. In other words, dont book a good main event without building it. If Bully is going to face Hogan (for example), tell people its happening next week. Dont give it away with no build.

So we can make sure we don't bother to watch?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 03 Jun 2013, 11:01 am

I think you know what I mean.

And although no one wants to see it, I bet you that main event would have a lot of people tuning in (for mostly the wrong reasons!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 03 Jun 2013, 11:10 am

Id like TNA to

1. Remember its roster. Magnus and Joe in particular have been so poorly used. Flavour of the month seems to get all the focus and everyone else can just go away.

2. Take mic time from Hogan and Sting. They rattle on and don't use their time at all well. The amount of time they seem to get on segments eats into the tag and x division builds.

3. Bury and then get rid of: Devon, Anderson, Chavo, Joseph Parks, Abyss, Zema Ion, Petey Williams, Sting. Maybe even Samoa Joe as they have no idea what to do with him. If there aren't better Indy guys to make the step up then something is seriously wrong

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 03 Jun 2013, 11:19 am

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:3. Bury and then get rid of: Devon, Anderson, Chavo, Joseph Parks, Abyss, Zema Ion, Petey Williams, Sting. Maybe even Samoa Joe as they have no idea what to do with him. If there aren't better Indy guys to make the step up then something is seriously wrong

The only one I would disagree with on your list is Zema Ion - I think he is very talented.

I would argue a case for Anderson if they gave him the right thing to do (which no one has found yet)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down