The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony Bellew - Don't let the boo boys get you down!!

+8
Cast a Shadow
davidemore
Steffan
AlexHuckerby
Boxtthis
The Galveston Giant
Lumbering_Jack
TRUSSMAN66
12 posters

Go down

Tony Bellew - Don't let the boo boys get you down!! Empty Tony Bellew - Don't let the boo boys get you down!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 May 2013, 12:06 pm

A win is a win is a win..........All good fighters have won ugly (look at Sergio).......Chilemba was awkward and content mainly to survive..He's a Flea richardson type who no one looks good against!!!......Chances are you won't meet his negative type too often and as he was all wrong for you the fact you beat him twice!! (and you did) ..shows you are still on track...

Still you need to stop looking for the knockout as stamina is never going to be your strong point........Great fighters let the knockout come....

As for Dawson the whipping he got of ward and the effort he must have made to get down will have weakened him and he always comes to fight which will suit your style.........Dawson is takeable..

End of the day...You're back on track with much to look forward to........You're a colorful character and exciting with the right opponent and here is hoping you can go on to better things.....

Prove the boo boys wrong with your fists and not your tongue..........and work on that stamina...

Don't forget to give cleverly a slap when you have the chance..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Tony Bellew - Don't let the boo boys get you down!! Empty Re: Tony Bellew - Don't let the boo boys get you down!!

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 27 May 2013, 12:20 pm

He already had the chance to give him a slap and lost.

Bellew doesn't offer enough variety to his work. He is predictable and not particularly fast and also easy enough to find.

Dawson beats him comfortably over the 12 rounds.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Tony Bellew - Don't let the boo boys get you down!! Empty Re: Tony Bellew - Don't let the boo boys get you down!!

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 27 May 2013, 12:21 pm

Bellew has reached his limit i think.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 May 2013, 12:27 pm

Because he found someone who was tricky..........

Did Chavez look good against Lonnie Smith ??????????

Did Tyson look good against Tucker ????????????

Did Holy look good against Ocasio ????

Did louis against Conn???

Find a guy willing to fight and Tony will be alright...........

You guys are so dismissive..........He won.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 27 May 2013, 12:31 pm

So are you saying he's going to become a World Champion?
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 May 2013, 12:34 pm

Don't see why not..........He punches hard......He's tall and Dawson is coming off a slap...

I'll ask you..........Do you think anybody looks good against Chilemba??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 27 May 2013, 12:38 pm

Probably not but i wasn't going off that fight i haven't even seen it. He does have the potential to be a World Champion but that's more about the state of boxing rather than his abilities for me.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 May 2013, 12:41 pm

Chilemba reminds me of Ossie Ocasio........With more bottle he could be something....

But he had to wait till Bellew's steam died down............too late twice!!

Chilemba would be world class in 15 round days...perhaps.

Bellew is one dimensional..........But sometimes it's enough...He's sharp and powerful....

Depending on the opponent...........He could go far..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon 27 May 2013, 2:34 pm

Agree with the sentiment that Bellew did well to find a way to win against a very awkward opponent, but, like others, I don't see him going too much further. He could maybe take a title from Shumenov, and I still think he'd give Cleverly a close fight. However, Dawson is just too good for him in so many departments.

I wouldn't really even fancy his chances against a pushing 50 Bernard Hopkins at this stage, or even someone like Jean Pascal.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 27 May 2013, 2:46 pm

Comparing Bellew to guys like Tyson and Chavez is a bit silly.

Not just rating him from his last fight. He lost to Cleverly who is 'there to fight' and he struggled with Mackenzie and was floored by Bob Ajisafe.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 May 2013, 2:54 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Comparing Bellew to guys like Tyson and Chavez is a bit silly.

Not just rating him from his last fight. He lost to Cleverly who is 'there to fight' and he struggled with Mackenzie and was floored by Bob Ajisafe.

Your post is a bit silly........I'm comparing the fact.........These guys struggled with awkward types...as you well know!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 27 May 2013, 4:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Comparing Bellew to guys like Tyson and Chavez is a bit silly.

Your post is a bit silly........I'm comparing the fact.........These guys struggled with awkward types...as you well know!!!!!!!!!!!!

doesn't discount the fact that he lost to Cleverly who is rather average and was decked by Mckenzie and Ajisafe and hasn't looked very good against shot fighters like Miranda who literally are only a punch nowadays.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 27 May 2013, 4:06 pm

Tony who? You talking about that old fool Tony Bellew? He is always running off at the mouth...and when Clev sees him...he is gonna close it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 27 May 2013, 4:12 pm

Bellew gets whipped by Dawson, Pascal a better option because he can be hit.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast a Shadow Mon 27 May 2013, 5:03 pm

Gotta agree with most of you, and disagree with the OP.

Not discounting the fact that Chilemba's style is very difficult to look good against, but a world level fighter beats him convincingly, albeit in a less than thrilling fight.

No problem with the draw first time round, in fact I thought Chilemba nicked it.

There just seems to be a lack of ideas if he can't get the respect of his opponent with power shots. I'm not sure whether Bellew has decided what type of fighter he is yet, and has a bit of an identity crisis in the ring sometimes.

Cast a Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 May 2013, 6:13 pm

Bellew is a clown. He needs to control his mouth. The way he spoke to Chilemba in the post fight interview after the first fight showed him up for what he is, a guttersnipe.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 27 May 2013, 6:46 pm

What did he say in the interview?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 May 2013, 7:47 pm

All fighters struggle with somebody............Hearns was garbage against Alfonso Hayman....

It suits you guys to have downers on British boxers.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 27 May 2013, 7:47 pm

That he thought he won... strongback is a guttersnipe himself to be honest.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 May 2013, 7:48 pm

Strongy is an Audley Harrison fan..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 27 May 2013, 8:19 pm

There are plenty of reasons to be critical of bellew. For the first 3 rounds. He looked a class act. Staying at range landing the left hook off a perfect double jab. But as the rounds wore on he started to winging telegraphed haymakers, smothering his work, looking like an novice.
So the fact that he showed two completely contrasting sides in a world title eliminator, gives plenty of reason for criticism. Chimbela didn't get into the fight, bellew abandoned the game plan.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 May 2013, 8:53 pm

He won......albeit ugly..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 May 2013, 9:37 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:What did he say in the interview?

He told Chilemba straight to his face he lost the fight seemingly being totally oblivious to the fact that he was carp in the fight. It was completely cringe worthy and showed a criminal lack of class. Every time Bellew opens his mouth he sticks a size 10 in it.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 May 2013, 9:39 pm

Telling the truth........more people should try it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 May 2013, 9:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Strongy is an Audley Harrison fan..

Do try to tell the truth the odd time.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 May 2013, 9:41 pm

You're always praising him and criticising Haye..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 May 2013, 9:43 pm

I have never praised Audley Harrison. The man single handedly destroyed boxing on terrestrial television.

I might have jeered at Audley or been sarcastic about his talent and lip but I never praised him.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 May 2013, 9:45 pm

Just relax...........

Fact is Chilemba lost.........Buddy Mcgirt told Bellew that...and Bellew repeated it...

If he was Irish you'd love him.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 May 2013, 9:50 pm

Can't ever remember an Irish sportsman mouthing off like Bellew.

To repeat what McGirt said in private, even if he actually said it, was also classless. Bellew should have lost and he knew it but resorted to his clown routine.

You were always a DeGale fan, would Bellew stand a chance with the slickster?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 May 2013, 9:52 pm

Roy Keane..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 27 May 2013, 10:00 pm

I seen Bellew as an amateur and he didn't impress me then when getting outboxed by David Dolan and on Saturday Watching Bellew live he didnt impress me the positives he's a strong kid, very fit however doesn't hit as hard as he thinks, Kessler was far more powerful puncher watching both in action. He's flat footed and lacks ideas, Cleverly would beat him more decisively if they met again, be extremely surprised if he goes any further.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 May 2013, 10:03 pm

Entitled to your opinion rodders..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 May 2013, 10:05 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Roy Keane..

He's from People's Republic of Cork. That's were your ancestors came from I think I remember you saying. Not surprising really given your output on this board.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 May 2013, 10:06 pm

Strongback wrote:Can't ever remember an Irish sportsman mouthing off like Bellew.

Owned..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 May 2013, 10:07 pm

Rodney wrote:I seen Bellew as an amateur and he didn't impress me then when getting outboxed by David Dolan and on Saturday Watching Bellew live he didnt impress me the positives he's a strong kid, very fit however doesn't hit as hard as he thinks, Kessler was far more powerful puncher watching both in action. He's flat footed and lacks ideas, Cleverly would beat him more decisively if they met again, be extremely surprised if he goes any further.

Cheers Rodders

How's close did you have the Froch v Kessler fight Rodder's. Some people ringside including Virgil Hunter had it very close, possibly a draw.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 May 2013, 10:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:Can't ever remember an Irish sportsman mouthing off like Bellew.

Owned..

Owned......... Laugh

Grow up old man.....what age are you now 45?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 May 2013, 10:10 pm

I'm never growing up...........

and you were owned.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 May 2013, 10:19 pm

Keane is not as big a mouthpiece as Bellew. Roy also has mentalist issues as opposed to Bellew's problem of being exceptionally thick.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 May 2013, 10:21 pm

I don't like the mentalist either..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 28 May 2013, 12:26 am

I think he is a good fighter. He won the fight which was a tricky fight against a very awkward fighter who comes to try a nick a result.. can he beat Dawson?, well Dawson has not proven to be faultless him self so if Bellew is at his best then he has a chance I think.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 28 May 2013, 7:52 am

What exactly is Bellew's best? I really don't see what he has shown to beat someone like Dawson.

I really can't get away with him. Something about him I just dislike, can't put my finger on it though.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 28 May 2013, 8:02 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:What exactly is Bellew's best? I really don't see what he has shown to beat someone like Dawson.

I really can't get away with him. Something about him I just dislike, can't put my finger on it though.

What did Honey show to beat Curry..........Fact is Dawson got slapped against Ward...........Who is to say what affect that will have on him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down