The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I used a belly putter for the first time today...

5 posters

Go down

I used a belly putter for the first time today... Empty I used a belly putter for the first time today...

Post by kingraf Sun May 26, 2013 4:39 pm

Like I said in a seperate thread, I havent seriously played golf for a while, so I kinda missed the belly-putt craze. But felt like using it today, just to see what the difference would be. Firstly, I need to say, finding a left-hand belly putter was a mission of note! Took my entire morning, so I only played an afternoon round.

From my (limited) experience, I could see how people would want to use it, but its a freaking crutch, and I didnt feel any noteworthy change in control when I was putting. I used to shoot 71-73 at the club I practised at. Today I shot 83. Any one get any actual gains with a belly putter? I need some real-life stories before I shell out some money getting a custom belly-putter.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

I used a belly putter for the first time today... Empty Re: I used a belly putter for the first time today...

Post by hend085 Mon May 27, 2013 5:30 am

i think its remarkable that so few amateurs actually use them. of the 1,000 ish members of my club i can only think of 3 or 4 that don't use a standard putter. im sure there a few more that i dont know of but still, when compared to College golf in america where it seems to be around 40-50% this is extraordinarily low.

hend085

Back to top Go down

I used a belly putter for the first time today... Empty Re: I used a belly putter for the first time today...

Post by Plunky Mon May 27, 2013 7:30 am

Don't know about college golfers, but playing over here on public courses, I don't think we've ever seen anyone with a non-standard putter. Last time we were shopping for golf clubs we asked about it in the store (I forget which one but it was a big chain). They said nobody's buying them.

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Mon May 27, 2013 8:03 am

one of the big arguement i often hear for allowing them is that if they arent allowed then the social golfer who has the yips wont enjoy himself etc etc.
seems a dud arguement to me when la tiny percentage of "for-fun golfers" actually use them.

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon May 27, 2013 8:45 am

I hope you didn't anchor.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Mon May 27, 2013 11:27 am

Mac - is that Scottish rhyming slang?

Run
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down