The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belly to Belly Suplex?? Where Art Thou??

+9
Kenny
User Name
Samo
ADMIN
JamesLincs
Aaronb33
Crimey
psycho-gooner
legendkillar
13 posters

Go down

Belly to Belly Suplex?? Where Art Thou?? Empty Belly to Belly Suplex?? Where Art Thou??

Post by legendkillar Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:50 pm

Where on earth has this move gone. They should bring it back. It should make a comeback. Along with the Overhead Suplex. Since the days of Steiner and Angle in the WWE, I know Cena and Rock had an interpretation of it, but it has vanished. Come on WWE bring it back!!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Belly to Belly Suplex?? Where Art Thou?? Empty Re: Belly to Belly Suplex?? Where Art Thou??

Post by psycho-gooner Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:54 pm

Brodus Clay does a decent Belly to Belly suplex, hopefully he'll carry it on when he comes back

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Belly to Belly Suplex?? Where Art Thou?? Empty Re: Belly to Belly Suplex?? Where Art Thou??

Post by Crimey Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:21 pm

I think it might be a dangerous move, because of how easy it is for them to land on their head and possibly break their neck.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:22 pm

I miss suplexes in general Sad I wonder why more youngsters don't use them, they look ridiculously brutal done right. I still remember watching Dan Severn's first UFC event and thinking to myself he was the coolest man on the planet because of suplexes (and his wrestling in general)...Well, that and the 'tache.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:30 pm

Shamrock had a fab B2B suplex.

Bring it back. It is sorely missed.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:48 pm

taz had a couple of versions didnt he? angle was brilliant though.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:59 pm

Taz was a monster with his suplexes, had that Dynamite Kid type explosiveness.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:21 pm

I can see Danielson going down this line with the explosive suplexes if I'm right on an eventual heel turn.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 am

DH Smith hits a triple Belly to Belly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cbYgJSljD8&feature=fvwrel

And a couple of Germans from Angle to Lesnar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6urCXIZfaa0&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y16GhM2aux0

Suplex's are amazing when donw right.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:31 pm

Goldbergs JackHammer is the best type of Suplex.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:26 pm

User Name wrote:Goldbergs JackHammer is the best type of Suplex.

Isnt that a Brainbuster? I always thought Brainbusters were DDT's.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Magnum TA did a great belly to belly suplex , loved Arn Andersons Gourdbuster aswell .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:15 pm

Samo wrote:
User Name wrote:Goldbergs JackHammer is the best type of Suplex.

Isnt that a Brainbuster? I always thought Brainbusters were DDT's.

It's still part of the Suplex family.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:23 pm

Kurts overhead belly to belly through the glass panels to Shane is a stand out for me, it looked so horrific when the glass didn't break yet he just kept throwing him until he went through! Brutal!

I think the absent of great staple wrestling moves such as the b2b, the t bone, the german and the conventional suplex are a sign of the the current times, wrestlers are always trying to push the envelope and reach new ground with what they do in the ring that the roots of wrestling especially move sets can fall by the way side. I would rather watch a technically sound match full of 'classic' moves than the top turnbuckle, top rope spring board etc etc etc that wrestling has evolved into. Don't get me wrong i think that wrestlers should always be trying to improve and introduce new elements into their performance but IMO the basic fundamental moves that were around for decades seam to be featuring less and less. I would like to see a little less high risk and little more thought, basically I would rather see a new generation of Brett harts coming through than a new generation of jeff hardy's

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:48 am

I believe Jack Swagger does a belly to belly suplex, I've noticed recently that on commentary they rarely refer to moved by their proper names so their just called a 'throw' or a 'slam'

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:21 am

The belly to belly overhead suplex was banned because of the potential for serious neck injuries.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:10 am

Arn Anderson Gourdbuster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e3iPcFEZqQ&feature=related

Pause it at 2.20.....ouch!

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:21 pm

xTwisTx wrote:Arn Anderson Gourdbuster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e3iPcFEZqQ&feature=related

Pause it at 2.20.....ouch!

Thats Old School Wrestlin
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:41 pm

AA had a stigma (if you want to call it that) of being a really stiff wrestler. Same goes for the Steiners.....Scott had some mean suplexes back in the day.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down