The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st round upsets: Monfils to defeat Berdych, Falla to beat Dmitrov?

+3
summerblues
bogbrush
MrInvisible
7 posters

Go down

1st round upsets: Monfils to defeat Berdych, Falla to beat Dmitrov? Empty 1st round upsets: Monfils to defeat Berdych, Falla to beat Dmitrov?

Post by MrInvisible Sat May 25, 2013 11:40 pm

Anyone else think the crowd-pleasing Frenchman can upset Berdy? Monfils is in good form at moment, having reached the final at Nice (lost to Montanes - a bagel, then a tie-break!), and if there's anyone who's good at unsettling an opponent and whipping up the crowd its Monfils. I wouldn't expect Monfils to go much further (the injuries catch up with him), so if he was to beat Berdych, its more likely that someone else, e.g. Almagro, would benefit from opening in the draw.

In terms of other matches, keep an eye on Falla v Dmitrov. Dmitrov has had some good results and performances of late, but this is the sort of match where an up and coming player who's still not developed consistency can come unstuck.

MrInvisible

Back to top Go down

1st round upsets: Monfils to defeat Berdych, Falla to beat Dmitrov? Empty Re: 1st round upsets: Monfils to defeat Berdych, Falla to beat Dmitrov?

Post by bogbrush Sun May 26, 2013 12:15 am

Monfils is mad enough to do it, especially if the French start getting at Berdbrain.

Falla can play.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

1st round upsets: Monfils to defeat Berdych, Falla to beat Dmitrov? Empty Re: 1st round upsets: Monfils to defeat Berdych, Falla to beat Dmitrov?

Post by summerblues Sun May 26, 2013 12:51 am

Those are two good calls, I can see either of them possibly happening. How about Hewitt vs Simon? Simon has not been doing well lately. Does anyone think Hewitt has a chance?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun May 26, 2013 12:54 am

Any other surface and I'd say yes but on clay I don't see it.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun May 26, 2013 12:09 pm

Well, Hewitt is trying. Long way to go still, but at least he is making it interesting.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by slashermcguirk Mon May 27, 2013 11:42 am

Funny, i noticed the Falla vs Dimitrov match. I would fancy Dimitrov to win but that definitely has banana skin potential. Falla has pulled off a number of shocks in the past, who can forget he nearly beat Federer at Wimbledon.

Speaking of Federer, i wonder could Benneteau be a tricky opponent in round 3, I feel that guy doesnt get the credit he deserves and can be very dangerous. Not sure of his clay pedigree though

slashermcguirk

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan86 Mon May 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Since Benny beat Federer in Rotterdam, he's barely won a match.

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon May 27, 2013 9:19 pm

ryan86 wrote:Since Benny beat Federer in Rotterdam, he's barely won a match.
Well he is on a hibernation mode. Very Happy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down