The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kelly Pavlik - Road To Redemption

2 posters

Go down

Kelly Pavlik - Road To Redemption  Empty Kelly Pavlik - Road To Redemption

Post by pacman79 Fri May 06, 2011 5:45 pm

Kelly Pavlik will be returning to the ring on the Pacquiao vs Mosley Undercard.
He will be moving up to Super Middle weight to fight unheralded Alfonso Lopez (21-0).

Pavlik's last fight was in April 2010, when he was outboxed by Sergio Martinez.
His sluggish performance that night paled in comparison to the descending spiral in his private life.
Pavlik had been battling with alcoholism long before he was on losing end of the decision against Sergio Martinez.
Pavlik pulled out of a fight against Brian Vera in October claiming injury, and then on November 4, checked into the Betty Ford Center in California and began the process of rehabilitation.

He said recently in an interview with SBNATION.COM, '"The energy level of this training camp is the best I've had in my career. I'm ready to show the boxing world that we're back and we're ready to make our stamp in this division"

IMO Pavlik is past his best and I really can't see him make a big splash in the 168lb division.

Do you guys think he can hit the same kind of form that brought him so much success at 160lb?

Last edited by pacman79 on Sat May 07, 2011 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

pacman79

Back to top Go down

Kelly Pavlik - Road To Redemption  Empty Re: Kelly Pavlik - Road To Redemption

Post by D4thincarnation Fri May 06, 2011 5:50 pm

pacman79 wrote:Kelly Pavlik will be returning to the ring on the Pacquiao vs Mosley Undercard.
He will be moving up to Super Middle weight to fight unheralded Alfonso Lopez (21-0).

Pavlik's last fight was in April 2010, when he was outboxed by the Sergio Martinez.
His sluggish performance that night paled in comparison to the descending spiral in his private life.
Pavlik had been battling with alcoholism long before he was on losing end of the decision against Sergio Martinez.
Pavlik had checked into the Betty Ford rehabilitation clinic and began the process of rehabilitation.

He said recently in an interview with SBNATION.COM, '"The energy level of this training camp is the best I've had in my career. I'm ready to show the boxing world that we're back and we're ready to make our stamp in this division"

IMO Pavlik is past his best and I really can't see him make a big splash in the 168lb division.

Do you guys think he can hit the same kind of form that brought him so much success at 160lb?

Pavlik won the middle rounds, and it was the cut that got Martinez back on track.

Pavlik did not have great success at Middle, he just beat Taylor. The Super middleweight division is packed with very good fighters so can't really see Pavlik dominating even if he were to get back to his best.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down