The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro12 Playoff 1; Ulster (1st) vs Scarlets (4th) at Ravenhill

+48
profitius
Taffineastbourne
LondonTiger
SecretFly
Luckless Pedestrian
Hound of Harrow
RDSguru
Seagultaf
thebluesmancometh
mckay1402
Artful_Dodger
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Rory_Gallagher
Jhamer25
tecphobe
ME-109
SubsBench
21st Century Schizoid Man
Ifandorbut
red_stag
munkian
doctornickolas
sheephead
MarcusHalberstram
The Saint
Hookisms and Hyperbole
flyhalffactory
LeinsterFan4life
Golden
mpc28
Cari
MrsP
glamorganalun
2ndtimeround
RubyGuby
Gibson
pioden gorllewin
BlueNote
Jenifer McLadyboy
neilthom7
rodders
Kingshu
ScarletSpiderman
VinceWLB
Don Alfonso
George Carlin
Standulstermen
Notch
52 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Pro12 Playoff 1; Ulster (1st) vs Scarlets (4th) at Ravenhill Empty Pro12 Playoff 1; Ulster (1st) vs Scarlets (4th) at Ravenhill

Post by Notch Sun 05 May 2013, 9:43 pm

Got my ticket booked for this one- expecting a good game if the weather holds up! Scarlets will probably raise their game from their abject home display against Treviso. Having watched them this season, I have noticed that when things don't go well for them and they start making mistakes they tend to get frustrated and make more and more. It seems they once again succumbed to this malaise against an excellent Treviso side who are slowly and surely growing into a team that can contend for a Top Six placing. But at Ravenhill, there is little pressure on them and they have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Totally different scenario.

Ulster were pretty poor for the first 40 minutes against Cardiff, no denying it, and will need an improved 80 minute display to see of the challenge of Scarlets and hopefully, in the event of a win, get primed to peak in the final two weeks later. Paddy Jackson has to return to the team at 10- a better defensive organiser and tackler, a more creative outhalf and it sees Pienaar return to his best position. Diack has to play too. Diack adds a great deal of balance to our backrow and I think dropping him to accommodate both Henderson and Williams would be a big mistake. Too unbalanced. Tuohy and Muller is a better balanced second row too, especially at lineout time, and Henderson hasn't been as impressive at lock as he has at 6. It seems like Henderson and Gilroy might both miss out- Gilroy maybe even not making the bench if Fridays selection is anything to go by, although I'd like to see him in there. Peter Nelson would be unfortunate to lose his place on the bench. In terms of impact subs, I actually think Tom Court can be a good impact sub coming on at loosehead. With Court, Henderson and Gilroy leading the charge from the bench in the second half hopefully we have enough to make it to our first ever Pro12 final.

Preferred Team;

1) Callum Black
2) Rory Best
3) John Afoa
4) Johann Muller (c)
5) Dan Tuohy
6) Robbie Diack
7) Chris Henry
8) Nick Williams
9) Ruan Pienaar
10) Paddy Jackson
11) Tommy Bowe
12) Stuart Olding
13) Darren Cave
14) Andrew Trimble
15) Jared Payne

16) Rob Herring 17) Tom Court 18) Declan Fitzpatrick 19) Iain Henderson 20) Sean Doyle 21) Paul Marshall 22) Michael Allen 23) Craig Gilroy
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Playoff 1; Ulster (1st) vs Scarlets (4th) at Ravenhill Empty Re: Pro12 Playoff 1; Ulster (1st) vs Scarlets (4th) at Ravenhill

Post by Standulstermen Mon 06 May 2013, 5:22 am

I like your team notch but for me Henderson and court both start. Tuohy has been poor for me for this year and isn't up to speed. Henderson wasn't great last time out but was very good against the dragons and has the carrying ability Tuohy has seemingly lost.

Angry Tom has done nothing to be dropped for me. Like the fact Allen sneaks onto your bench. I would concur, I rate him.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Playoff 1; Ulster (1st) vs Scarlets (4th) at Ravenhill Empty Re: Pro12 Playoff 1; Ulster (1st) vs Scarlets (4th) at Ravenhill

Post by George Carlin Mon 06 May 2013, 8:36 am

Didn't Afoa limp off injured in the last game? That's bad news, because you need him. Scarlets are a fireball at home but don't seem to travel as well as some other sides. Hopefully they will throw caution to the wind and keep the ball in hand.

Ulster should have too much but it's going to be great.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Mon 06 May 2013, 10:41 am

He was taken off and seemed none to pleased about it, so I'm not too concerned. We'll need him against Leinster, if we get that far, not so much against Scarlets. Deccie Fitzpatrick made mincemeat of the Cardiff LH.

Henderson had, by some stretch, his poorest game for Ulster. I'm not convinced that was anything to do with playing second row, though. I've seen much better performances from him playing that position. First really poor game from a lad recently turned 21 in the last league game of the season? I'll take that in terms of consistency of performances.

Ulster really need to turn up, though. If they're focussing on Leinster, the Scarlets will be playing them rather than us.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Mon 06 May 2013, 12:24 pm

Cardiff LHs are the worst in the league though, i have seen Phil John dominating a lot of decent tighthead this year and in Samson Lee and Jacobie Adriaanse, the Scarlets have 2 very good tightheads.

Scarlets scrum has improved a lot this year, they recently dominated Treviso and Glasgow, it's one of the reason they got to the playoffs this year.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 06 May 2013, 1:29 pm

John Afoa is expected to be fine for Friday night.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 06 May 2013, 7:33 pm

The Scarlets pack has beefed up no end this season, but they went missing in the second half vrs Treviso, and our line faultered big time. I hope it is a wake up call for them.

Until about 8.30 on Friday night, just gone, I was looking forward to playing Ulster as the Scarlets have rarely had their full team available when we play each other. Although now I am wondering if we have the mentality to deal with the pressure of big game situations. It will either be very close, or Ulster will be looking for a record winning margin.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 07 May 2013, 8:10 am

Really surprised by the scarlets result. Scarlets a team at home needing a win to be sure of a playoff V treviso away and nothing to play for (a win or a loss wouldn't have changed there league position) checked betfair before the game about £9000 bet but only about £20 was on treviso take speaks volumes about how much of a surprise result it was.

Not only did they beat scarlets, they well beat them, on BBC is says scarlets were booed off and from my point of view that's disappointing. Ok they lost a game that everyone expected them to win, but they still made the play offs surley we should be looking at the positives. Scarlets are now one of only 4 teams that can win the PRO 12.

I like the scarlets and as an Ulster fan find the rivalry outside the provinces the one with Scarlets is maybe the best, so looking forward to the playoff.

I think everyone is expecing an Ulster win, but then last week, everyone was expecting a Scarlets win, its sport.

Ulster have been one of the best teams this season, an I wonder as ScarletSpiderman alludes to, do Scarlets have any real experience of big game pressure? Ulster with 3 runs into H-cup knock out rounds, should have plenty more experience, however as Notch says there's no real pressure on Scarlets, they are the underdog, I think it will depend on which Scarlets team turns up.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 08 May 2013, 7:26 pm

Okay anyone else feeling a bit edgy about this game? ..... no? ....ok forget I said anything ..... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 08 May 2013, 7:28 pm

Edgy is good. Complacent is bad.

More for the players than the fans, but its not good at a home game when the crowd turns up and just expects it to happen. The unease if it doesn't can feed onto the pitch like against the Saints.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 08 May 2013, 7:32 pm

..yeah I just don't feel good about this one... Scarlet's are a strong outfit and could easily turn us over if we think we have one foot in the final....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 08 May 2013, 7:57 pm

Notch, us Scarlets fans know how being complacent about the game can hurt!

Funny enough all I have heard at work is about last week and not this week.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Wed 08 May 2013, 10:37 pm

Going to be great, wish I was still in Belfast, I will have to make do with singing on my own in the hosue instead lol oh well. As long as our lads go out there with no complacency and give it there best then we are in for a great game

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 08 May 2013, 11:00 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Notch, us Scarlets fans know how being complacent about the game can hurt!

Funny enough all I have heard at work is about last week and not this week.

I think we can maybe get away with a poor start and still win if we hit our straps, but we don't want Scarlets to get any early confidence or momentum. Total confidence side. When they're bad, they're really pretty mediocre and look like midtable fodder. But when they're good, they can really mix it well with the top teams in the league. Ulster come out and start like we did against Cardiff it will be nip and tuck. Start in top gear and we could really get a big win. Problem is, we've had a few poor starts recently...

Hope Big Bad John is fit. We'll have a strong scrum whatever though- good to see a very dominant scrummaging performance from Declan Fitzpatrick on Friday past. Interested to see how Samson Lee acquits himself. Have heard him touted as the long term successor to Adam Jones. Ulster pack at Ravenhill will be a big test. Think the Scarlets pack has made progress at scrumtime- I do love a battle in the scrums.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 09 May 2013, 12:02 pm

Ulster Head Coach, Mark Anscombe, has made four changes and one positional switch to the team that defeated Cardiff last weekend for Friday night's RaboDirect PRO12 play-off against Llanelli Scarlets at Ravenhill (kick off 19.45).
Ireland internationals Paddy Jackson, Tom Court, Declan Fitzpatrick and Dan Tuohy all return to the side, while Ruan Pienaar switches from outhalf to scrumhalf.

Paul Marshall, Callum Black and Iain Henderson, who all started last week, are named as substitutes for the play-off.

Tighthead prop, John Afoa, was unavailable for selection, having failed to recover from the hamstring injury that he sustained against Cardiff.

Ulster finished top of the RaboDirect PRO12 table and qualified for a play-off for the first time in two years.

Mark Anscombe’s side will play the Llanelli Scarlets for a final place. The Welsh region finished fourth in the league and will make their first appearance in the play-offs tomorrow night.

The game will mark the end of an era at Ravenhill as Ulster fans bid farewell to the ground’s historic grandstand.

It opened on 12th January 1924 and has witnessed almost 90 years of Ulster rugby. Demolition work will begin on the stand next week as part the ongoing £14.7 million redevelopment of the ground.

Tickets for the match are still available to buy and can be purchased here.

Ulster XV and replacements to face Cardiff Blues, RaboDirect PRO12 play-off, Ravenhill, Friday 10th May 2013 (kick off 19.45);
(15-9) J Payne, A Trimble, D Cave, S Olding, T Bowe, P Jackson, R Pienaar; (1-8) T Court, R Best, D Fitzpatrick, J Muller (C), D Tuohy, R Diack, C Henry, N Williams; Replacements (16-23): R Herring, C Black, R Lutton, I Henderson, M McComish, P Marshall, M Allen, P Nelson.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 09 May 2013, 12:03 pm

http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/tv/5769.php

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 09 May 2013, 12:05 pm

Big Bad Brad's mate Big Bad John didn't make it. (They are saving him for the final Smile )

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 09 May 2013, 12:18 pm

Scarlets
15. Liam
14. George North
13. Jonathan Davies
12. Scott Williams
11. Andy Fenby
10. Rhys Priestland
9. Aled Davies

1. Phil John
2. Ken Owens
3. Samson Lee
4. George Earle
5. Johan Snyman
6. Aaron Shingler
7. Josh Turnbull
8. Rob McCusker (Capt)

Replacements
16. Emyr Phillips
17. Rhodri Jones
18. Jacobie Adriaanse
19. Jake Ball
20. Sione Timani
21. Gareth Davies
22. Owen Williams
23. Gareth Owen

Referee: Alain Rowland (Fra)

Assistant Referees: Andrew McMenemy, Adrian Graves (both SRU)

Citing Commissioner: TBC (SRU)

TMO: Iain Ramage (SRU)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 09 May 2013, 12:25 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Ulster Head Coach, Mark Anscombe, has made four changes and one positional switch to the team that defeated Cardiff last weekend for Friday night's RaboDirect PRO12 play-off against Llanelli Scarlets at Ravenhill (kick off 19.45).
Ireland internationals Paddy Jackson, Tom Court, Declan Fitzpatrick and Dan Tuohy all return to the side, while Ruan Pienaar switches from outhalf to scrumhalf.

Paul Marshall, Callum Black and Iain Henderson, who all started last week, are named as substitutes for the play-off.

Tighthead prop, John Afoa, was unavailable for selection, having failed to recover from the hamstring injury that he sustained against Cardiff.

Ulster finished top of the RaboDirect PRO12 table and qualified for a play-off for the first time in two years.

Mark Anscombe’s side will play the Llanelli Scarlets for a final place. The Welsh region finished fourth in the league and will make their first appearance in the play-offs tomorrow night.

The game will mark the end of an era at Ravenhill as Ulster fans bid farewell to the ground’s historic grandstand.

It opened on 12th January 1924 and has witnessed almost 90 years of Ulster rugby. Demolition work will begin on the stand next week as part the ongoing £14.7 million redevelopment of the ground.

Tickets for the match are still available to buy and can be purchased here.

Ulster XV and replacements to face Cardiff Blues, RaboDirect PRO12 play-off, Ravenhill, Friday 10th May 2013 (kick off 19.45);
(15-9) J Payne, A Trimble, D Cave, S Olding, T Bowe, P Jackson, R Pienaar; (1-8) T Court, R Best, D Fitzpatrick, J Muller (C), D Tuohy, R Diack, C Henry, N Williams; Replacements (16-23): R Herring, C Black, R Lutton, I Henderson, M McComish, P Marshall, M Allen, P Nelson.

Did Scarlets pull out???

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 09 May 2013, 12:29 pm

Kingshu wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Ulster XV and replacements to face Cardiff Blues, RaboDirect PRO12 play-off, Ravenhill, Friday 10th May 2013 (kick off 19.45);

Did Scarlets pull out???

I wouldn't have minded it it said Ospreys, as they are questionably as good as us, but the Blues that is just insulting.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Thu 09 May 2013, 1:34 pm

I'm not sure I'd have picked Priestland over Owen Williams, he's been playing very well. He has more authority in his game than RP already. OW and Patchell look like the future for Wales at 10, with a bit more experience under their belts.

It's hard to see past an Ulster win, but you never quite know with the Scarlets, their back division is dangerous.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 09 May 2013, 1:36 pm

I think Rhys is in there to try and get us playing running rugby, but then having the option of bringing Owen on to slot the kicks nearer the end if needed as opposed to last weekend, where Rhys came on to fix our attack, but we lost the ability to get the score board ticking. Personally I am not over the moon with the decision, but I can fully understand it.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 09 May 2013, 2:02 pm

If Priestland can kick at least 80% it'll be dangerous ground for us and possibly an inspired move. If Priestland doesn't kick the points from the outset it will be hard for Scarlets to win. We don't concede many tries with our top team out.

We have just the two injuries, Afoa and Gilroy. Fitzpatrick has gotten us through some big wins in the Heineken Cup before so I'm not too worried about him. Gilroy probably would be on the bench with the other two guys playing so well.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 09 May 2013, 2:05 pm

Notch wrote:If Priestland can kick at least 80% it'll be dangerous ground for us and possibly an inspired move.

That is not very likely, if your were to say misses 80% of his kicks you may be closer.

ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 09 May 2013, 2:10 pm

So you're really relying on outscoring us on tries at Ravenhill. I don't want to sound over-confident, but on the basis of our defensive record with our top team out I'd be willing to take our chances with that any day.

That said, we did make slow starts against Cardiff and Connacht and gift them easy tries. Despite getting the bonus point wins that was disappointing. Hopefully this week we can be rather more ruthless.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 09 May 2013, 2:26 pm

With Rhys starting at fly half, our ability to knock over the pens is poor, so I would assume that the tactic is to run the ball, and try and play in your half, as much as possible, and hopefully keep it a tight scoreline, until around the hour mark where Owen will come on and start kicking the corners and knocking over the pens. Sadly, I think we may be out of the game by that time though.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 09 May 2013, 2:46 pm

We can do a Player V player analysis for fun.

1) Court Phil John
2) Rory Best Ken Owens
3) Fitzpatrick Samson Lee
4) Johann Muller George Earle
5) Dan Tuohy Johan Snyman
6) Robbie Diack Aaron Shingler
7) Chris Henry Josh Turnbull
8) Nick Williams Rob McCusker
9) Ruan Pienaar Davies
10) Paddy Jackson Rhys Priestland
11) Tommy Bowe Andy Fenby
12) Stuart Olding Scott Williams
13) Darren Cave Jonathan Davies
14) Andrew Trimble North
15) Jared Payne Liam

To be honest I don't think there are two many Scarlets that would get into the Ulster team, North (Trimble has been playing great though, so close), Davies, Shingler. there are a lot of close calls.

I'm not saying Scarlets are a worse team by this, as I like them and the way they play and there are no bad teams at this stage, also I'll accept that I know the Ulster team better, and would be biased, but thats how we get debate going.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 09 May 2013, 2:51 pm

Court (Ulster), Best (Ulster), Lee (Scarlets)
Muller (Ulster), Snyman (Scarlets)
Shingler (Scarlets) Williams (Ulster), Henry (Ulster)

Pienarr (Ulster), Priestland (Scarlets)
Bowe (Ulster), Willaims (Scarlets), Davies (Scarlets), North/Trimble (Scarlets/Uslter)
Payne (Ulster)

So over all 8.5 Ulster, 6.5 Scarlets, but that said I think that there is not too much separating Payne and Sanjay at fullback, or between Best and Ken at hooker, and North and Trimble all depends on which North turns up to play.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 09 May 2013, 3:22 pm

ScarletSpiderman, My team would be the same, I'd have Trimble in on form, and Tuohy as to be honest I don't really know much about Snyman. So 10-5 to Ulster for me.

Also are you the only Scarlets fan left on 606V2?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 09 May 2013, 3:29 pm

Kingshu wrote:Also are you the only Scarlets fan left on 606V2?

Me, Pioden, Glas, Jhammer and International something or other, and a few who are occational posters. But sadly Dreamer no longer posts, and Smirnoff Priest has disappeared (think he was getting married just before he stopped posting). But yeah our numbers have dramatically falled, which seems weird seeing as we are doing our best since v2 started.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 09 May 2013, 3:37 pm

I would have Jackson over Priestland for sure, given RP is just back from injury and has no form going into this game but that is closer.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 09 May 2013, 3:47 pm

11-4 then, since there is a lack of Scarlets fans around now, i'm going to support Scarlets, up untill kick-off.

Ulster your going down, North will trample all over you's. We'll target the 10/12 channel of Jackson and Olding with our big runners.

If Jackson will plays like he does in Murreyfield, we'll walk it. No pressure on us, and we even managed to rest players durning the game against Treviso, so they'll be fresh for this.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 09 May 2013, 3:49 pm

You're a madman.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Thu 09 May 2013, 4:13 pm

Kingshu wrote:Ulster your going down, North will trample all over you's.

It's "youse", not "you's".

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Thu 09 May 2013, 4:25 pm

for us to stand any chance turnbull really needs u-turn in form so we can have some parity at the breakdown, his form has been awful lately. nick williams destroyed us last game, so we really will have to stop him on the gameline, something I would have been tempted to select timani for. afoa missing for ulster is an advantage for us, but not that much. know very little about olding in the centre, any good?

for us i'm still undecided who i would have gone for a 10. apparently it's going to be a rainy day....owen williams is more accurate with his goal kicking, and possibly a longer kicking range. however he stood way too deep against treviso, whick put too much pressure on our backline. priestland a better attacking 10 and possibly tatical kicker....however its well documented he's flaky going for posts.

worried ulster will exploit north's defensive frailites and poor positioning. positioning is just lack of experience, the poor "grab a shirt" tackling is unacceptable. also since his selection for the lions tour, very much goes out of his way not to get hurt.....hope i'm proved wrong on this.

with the rain and alain roland not really allowing an open game on either side. think we will hear a lot of his whislte blowing, stop start game with pienaars goal kicking making the difference.

the only glimmer of hope i have is if 1-15 of our boys are on top of their game, we revel at being the underdogs.
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 09 May 2013, 5:03 pm

Pioden the plus side is some real brute force on the bench in Rhodri, Wreckin Ball and Timani. So if Williams does look like getting into his stride we can bring one of them on to slow him down, hopefully.

Kingshu, I worry about you sometimes, you sure you don't have some Welsh blood in you?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu 09 May 2013, 9:04 pm

Don Alfonso wrote:
Kingshu wrote:Ulster your going down, North will trample all over you's.

It's "youse", not "you's".

What about ye?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 May 2013, 9:38 pm

worried about this one, we have ZERO ball carriers in the pack.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 09 May 2013, 9:47 pm

viewtothegym wrote:worried about this one, we have ZERO ball carriers in the pack.

Thats been pretty much our best pack all season so far, and Ken is pretty handy with ball in hand.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 May 2013, 10:16 pm

He is but nowhere near effect enough to dent Ulster, if we are to beat them we need a class kicking game play them in there own half and we do have good turnover players so maybe trys that way or penalties.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 10 May 2013, 1:00 am

I think Scarlets could sneak this one. The sheer embarrassment of the Treviso game has set them up.

Hope not. It would feic the Final up.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 10 May 2013, 11:38 am

The difference for me is in the back row and 2nd row where Ulster will overpower the Scarlets - That alongside the unity; self-belief and confidence that Ulster have. Maybe the difference is epitomised by the quality and experience of the 9's - Ulster by 15 thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Fri 10 May 2013, 2:47 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Me, Pioden, Glas, Jhammer and International something or other, and a few who are occational posters. But sadly Dreamer no longer posts, and Smirnoff Priest has disappeared (think he was getting married just before he stopped posting). But yeah our numbers have dramatically falled, which seems weird seeing as we are doing our best since v2 started.
Possibly due to Scarlet Fever seeming busier and a little less clicky these days.
I dont post on 606 much now as it generaly ends up with some WUM sticking a stupid remark about whatever thread it is. I find there is to much Anti Regions from dissenfranchised fans and am not keen on the OTT national bickering from a select few.
Still pop on occassionally to read the threads though.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 10 May 2013, 3:08 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Possibly due to Scarlet Fever seeming busier and a little less clicky these days.
I dont post on 606 much now as it generaly ends up with some WUM sticking a stupid remark about whatever thread it is. I find there is to much Anti Regions from dissenfranchised fans and am not keen on the OTT national bickering from a select few.

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Fri 10 May 2013, 3:41 pm

The Scarlets pack have improved with the imports but I believe the back row play better with Edwards at 7, I don't like three 6's which has failed with England and Scotland. The selection of Preistland is a big risk as he was poor before his long term injury, I wonder if Gatland has something to do with this selection or is it, why give O Williams more experience because he is leaving? O Wiliams leaving next season is a shame as he looks a good prospect and he will improve with more game time.

The Scarlets are a bit like France, which team will turn up, I still go with Ulster but the Scarlets can turn any RABO team over home or away.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Fri 10 May 2013, 5:29 pm

RubyGuby wrote:
2ndtimeround wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

thumbsup

+1 agree Scarlet Fever is a good forum to be fair.

Getting excited for this game now!!! YMLAEN Y SCARLETS !
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 10 May 2013, 6:47 pm

glamorganalun wrote:The Scarlets pack have improved with the imports but I believe the back row play better with Edwards at 7, I don't like three 6's which has failed with England and Scotland. The selection of Preistland is a big risk as he was poor before his long term injury, I wonder if Gatland has something to do with this selection or is it, why give O Williams more experience because he is leaving? O Wiliams leaving next season is a shame as he looks a good prospect and he will improve with more game time.

The Scarlets are a bit like France, which team will turn up, I still go with Ulster but the Scarlets can turn any RABO team over home or away.
Turned Leinster over in the RDS.... ONCE, during the 2007 world cup. That's a while ago now. That is the only time in all comps the Scarlets have beaten us at home. And we have played you 4 times a season twice in the last 4 years.

I don't think you have ever beaten us in the HC home or away unless you go back to the Llannelli team in the 90s.

In fact we have never lost a H Cup game to any Welsh team this millennium.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 10 May 2013, 7:16 pm

I sense a "Battle of Hastings" comment from Jenny any moment....

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 10 May 2013, 7:18 pm

The P-12 will have a Leinster v Ulster final this year.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 10 May 2013, 7:21 pm

I always liked that girl!!!!

thumbsup

Hug

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next