The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garcia v Judah 2 anyone???

+6
manos de piedra
JabMachineMK2
88Chris05
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
azania
ONETWOFOREVER
10 posters

Go down

Garcia v Judah 2 anyone??? Empty Garcia v Judah 2 anyone???

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 01 May 2013, 10:40 pm

Watched this fight again tonight. For me I saw 2 fights. Garcia bossed the early rounds with Judah taking the latter half of the fight. Very interesting fight imo and well worth another go. I think that had Judah let his left go a little more in the early rounds then he might have won that fight. Saying that Garcia measured him with his right hand to great effect.

Judah at his age may not get another crack at a title and it was a cracking fight.

Who is up for seeing it again?....I am.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Garcia v Judah 2 anyone??? Empty Re: Garcia v Judah 2 anyone???

Post by azania Wed 01 May 2013, 10:44 pm

No

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 01 May 2013, 10:47 pm

No

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 01 May 2013, 10:54 pm

Not for me.

I agree that it was a decent fight and Judah surprised me with how close he made it, and it was nice to see that Garcia's developing a sneaky little right to go along with that big, heavy left hook. But what's the point in revisiting it when there's a fight against the winner of Peterson-Matthysse on the horizon? That has to take top priority and, while Garcia didn't run away with it the other night, I don't think it was quite close enough to wet the appetite for a return.

It's not as if Judah's been short of world title opportunities, either, so no need to feel sorry for him on that note. I believe that Garcia was his twentieth title bout; he's certainly not been short-changed.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 01 May 2013, 11:02 pm

I'm not feeling sorry for Judah but raised this because had it been a 15 rounder then Garcia would have lost.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 01 May 2013, 11:47 pm

Had it been a 10 rounder judah would still have lost. Had the fight never happened you wouldn't have started this Tumbleweed of a thread.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 May 2013, 12:12 am

I'm not on here as much as you az I have a life unlike your Tumbleweed of a life.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 02 May 2013, 12:14 am

Laugh

Good one

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 02 May 2013, 12:58 pm

No.

All I want to see is someone, preferably Matthyse, expose Garcia for the limited slugger he is.

If you can only eek a points win over Zab, you ain't anything special.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 02 May 2013, 1:14 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:All I want to see is someone, preferably Matthyse, expose Garcia for the limited slugger he is.

If you can only eek a points win over Zab, you ain't anything special.

This. Too much is being laid to Garcia. He's very limited.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 02 May 2013, 1:17 pm

Slightly ironic though, given Mathysse himself was beaten by Judah!

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 02 May 2013, 1:26 pm

Ha! Good point (annoyingly) as always.

Would like to think Lucas has only got better since whereas Zab would, if anything, likely have declined.

Either way, Mickey is still may favourite Garcia. Now that kid's got skills!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 02 May 2013, 1:26 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Slightly ironic though, given Mathysse himself was beaten by Judah!

Oh I wouldn't say that. I had Matthysse comfortably ahead.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Thu 02 May 2013, 1:32 pm

Agreed that Garcia hasn't got that x factor about him, doesn't seem to have a stand out talent but the guy can box, has power, and can take a shot (although mathyse/Peterson will give a better indication of that). I think people are abit too harsh on him.

as for the rematch, I think it will be an entertaining fight and one I would like to see, it was an encouraging performance from Judah and im sure he would feel pretty confident second time round. having said that I wouldn't want to see an immediate rematch, but after he loses to the winner of mathyse and Peterson another fight between the two would be entertaining.

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 02 May 2013, 1:37 pm

I thought it was pretty close fight. Wouldnt argue it too much either way but I dont think Mathysse won it (if he did at all!) any more convincingly than Garcia.

I wouldnt say there is a huge amount separating the top 4/5 light welters at the moment though which means good 50/50 fights and Id agree that if Garcia was a cut above the rest he would have dealt with Judah more comfortable.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 02 May 2013, 1:46 pm

Makaveli wrote:Agreed that Garcia hasn't got that x factor about him, doesn't seem to have a stand out talent but the guy can box, has power, and can take a shot (although mathyse/Peterson will give a better indication of that). I think people are abit too harsh on him.

I'd only agree on 2 out of 3 of those strengths.

Khan was comfortably out-boxing him, for example. Felt Judah largely out-boxed him too. His punches are wide and looping, head movement is poor, footwork average. His only 'boxer' attribute I'd say is he times his punches well. But even on that point my view has started to wane and I wonder whether he's basically just hoping to eventually land the big one rather than actually timing his punches perfectly.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Thu 02 May 2013, 2:35 pm

He picked his shots with the right hand well, plus he can adapt to the situation, Judah didn't allow him to use his jab so he changed his strategy for a seemingly convincing victory. I think due to the style looping style he throws his punches in, it makes him look like a slugger. As I said his not extraordinary in anything but he does everything well.

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 02 May 2013, 2:40 pm

Once again I felt disappointed again by Garcia's performance. Theres nothing wrong with him but you just expect a bit more

He bossed the opening stages, but wasted alot through wide looping shots that missed but Judah (once again) didnt look like he could pull the trigger and capitalise when the openings did show. Garcia has him hurt a couple times but couldn't finish Judah off. The final stages of the fight Judah was really handing out some punishment and Garica seemed to be struggling

I may be being harsh but Judah is far past his best and Garcia shouldn't be getting hurt that badly in the latter stages against a 4 round fighter

That said I think that he was more impressive (and less impressive given those last 4 rounds) on the whole than Matthysse was but that was 2 1/2 years ago and Judah has got worse and lucas has improved so I would still back lucas heavily against Danny

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 02 May 2013, 6:01 pm

makes khans fight look much better, i thought he was done after that fight, but yet again zab pulled another good performance out, and showed great punch resistance.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 05 May 2013, 1:54 am

Zab done well but a rematch is silly, Zab is ageing and Garcia is reaching towards his peek.. a rematch wont be any more competitive but less so.. You could see how pleased Zab was even though he lost, but he was happy with his performance.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down