The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

::: Rating - Jean Pascall vs Lucian Bute ::: - Angel Heredia - "Bute PED use", info inside

+12
manos de piedra
kingraf
bellchees
All Time Great
hazharrison
AlexHuckerby
owen10ozzy
Seanusarrilius
bhb001
Mind the windows Tino.
TRUSSMAN66
KO-KING
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who Wins

::: Rating - Jean Pascall vs Lucian Bute :::  - Angel Heredia - "Bute PED use", info inside  - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%::: Rating - Jean Pascall vs Lucian Bute :::  - Angel Heredia - "Bute PED use", info inside  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
::: Rating - Jean Pascall vs Lucian Bute :::  - Angel Heredia - "Bute PED use", info inside  - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%::: Rating - Jean Pascall vs Lucian Bute :::  - Angel Heredia - "Bute PED use", info inside  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
::: Rating - Jean Pascall vs Lucian Bute :::  - Angel Heredia - "Bute PED use", info inside  - Page 2 Vote_lcap54%::: Rating - Jean Pascall vs Lucian Bute :::  - Angel Heredia - "Bute PED use", info inside  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 7 ]
::: Rating - Jean Pascall vs Lucian Bute :::  - Angel Heredia - "Bute PED use", info inside  - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%::: Rating - Jean Pascall vs Lucian Bute :::  - Angel Heredia - "Bute PED use", info inside  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
::: Rating - Jean Pascall vs Lucian Bute :::  - Angel Heredia - "Bute PED use", info inside  - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%::: Rating - Jean Pascall vs Lucian Bute :::  - Angel Heredia - "Bute PED use", info inside  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

::: Rating - Jean Pascall vs Lucian Bute :::  - Angel Heredia - "Bute PED use", info inside  - Page 2 Empty ::: Rating - Jean Pascall vs Lucian Bute ::: - Angel Heredia - "Bute PED use", info inside

Post by KO-KING Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

My ratings - Personal opinion of what I have seen of the fighters, if you see something change - post your ratings

Technical Ability – 6 – 7.5, Bute has the Advantage here, as he’s more of a boxer and counter puncher compared to Jean, He is one the more technically correct fighters at 168-175 in the game currently - he has an excellent uppercut which is precise and accurate, he also possesses excellent speed and good power in most of his punches, most of it is due to his good technique. Pascal on the other hand is more of a one dimensional fighter, he has good technique in his power punches but his technique in the rest of his game can be questioned and I believe is one of his downfalls as a fighter.

Defence - 7-6, Bute has the advantage here, he has a good defence when he is not pressurised, however when the pressure is on his defence seems to fall apart a little bit, he uses good angles and counterpunches and decent foot movement to stay in good range. Pascal has a very basic defence, however he is able to slip the first punch from the outside as the fight wears on he tends to over reach with a lazy jab that leaves himself open and expect Bute to make good use of the counter right hook, although working with Roger Mayweather he may improve in this area.

Offence – 7.5 - 8, Advantage Bute, both fighters are pretty much even in this category, both rely on a good offence to win them fights, however its Bute who has more variety in his offence, Pascal on the other hand is more one dimensional, he throws good power hooks but struggles to fight on the inside, he often turns to rough tactics, but Bute has a very good uppercut to the body.

Footwork - 6 – 7.5, Bute has the advantage due to the technical side of his footwork He has good general movement, he finds good angles to counter his opponents, although in his recent fight vs. froch it seemed to have abandoned him. Pascal has decent footwork when it comes to closing an opponent down; he has good offensive footwork that allows him to get of power punches. Bute seems to be in more balance than Bute where-as Pascal often seems to be off balance.

Accuracy - 6 – 7.5, Bute, is accurate when in control, Great at countering. He has good crisp punches that find the target especially accurate with his favourite punch the uppercut, although he could do a lot for himself if he manages to land accurate right hook counters vs. Jean, Pascal has average accuracy. He has accurate wide hooks to the head and body but his jab accuracy is low.

Power – 7.5 – 7.5, Even, neither fighters power is devastating but is enough to hurt a world class opponent and take them out, Bute has impressive KO’s but opposition quality can be questioned, he is a good puncher but more importantly throws clean punches, he has good power over short distances as well Pascal has more of a strength relentless approach, which makes him a fighter that is hard to push back.

Speed - 6 - 8, Bute has very good speed for a guy his size. He can throw quick jabs and power punches he can also mix it up with solid uppercuts to the body on the inside, his ability to throw fast power punches make him a very dangerous opponent. Pascal although not a speed fighter, he isn't slow either for his style, he can throw quick hooks when required to do so, he can catch you when you are off guard, but again in top level he has average speed.

Versatility - 4 - 7, Bute, He is able to fight forwards with crisp punches, can also hold his ground to counter, he is able to pot shot. He is able to Box on the move and also can look to finish opponents his is a good fighter on the outside and inside, but needs to stay away from midrange vs. Pascal. Pascal is a very good mid-range fighter; he doesn’t have the best of jabs but tries to box at times, bit like Shane Mosley’s power boxing style (not saying they are on the same level)

Stamina - 4 – 6.5, Bute can go for 12, but has never really been pushed to go 12-, Big talking point is Pascal, this in my opinion is his main weak point, he starts of excellent – one of the fastest starters in the sport, but he tires, He is excellent in the first 4 round, then it’s all downhill, lot of it is down to technique, he winds up on most of his punches, which tires him out more quickly, also due to him tiring everything in his game goes downhill, his accuracy power and defence all suffer.

Heart - 5.5-6 Both men have questionable hearts, it’s not that Bute wins in this category more that Pascal loses, he gets easily deterred in his fight vs. Hopkins (2) he had him hurt last round, just didn’t seem like he wanted it, when everything is going right he is willing to give it his all, willing to go to war, but he doesn’t push himself to the limit when everything starts going wrong, he did beat Diaconu with a injured shoulder however he was in control of that fight, Bute has never really quit, but never really has shown that much heart, he didn’t look like he was going to quit vs. Froch though.

Chin - 8- 4, Pascal has an excellent chin never down amateur or pro, although Bhop really dropped him at least once in the second fight, he wasn’t really hurt, he has been hit clean by Froch many times who is a good puncher, but that didn’t really bother him, only time he gets hurt will be when he is either off balance and when he tires – which he will. Bute on the other hand doesn’t have a good chin, he has never really taken a good punch, he has never been able to go to war, people point to guys like khan for a bad chin, but with AK, he is able to go to war, only certain punches get to him. With Bute he didn’t react very well at all to Froch’s punches, which wasn’t all that powerful in the first place, they were punches thrown in a flurry.

Physical Attributes – 8 – 7, Pascal with the slight edge, Bute is able to use his jab excellently and can control the distance using his long reach and powerful counters however he is small fighting at 175 for the first time also isn’t the most physical guy in the sport either. Pascal on the other hand is a very strong fighter, he is able to push around fighters and is athletically gifted, he is able to bully his way in to positions, unlike Bute.
Some attributes are missing though such as Cut/Swelling resistance, ring IQ and Corner etc...

Overall - Pascal: 6.5 vs. Bute: 7

Prediction: Bute will box on the back foot, try to circle Pascal and outbox him, coming in for the occasional body punch, he will try to win the fight with pure boxing, however after couple of rounds Pascal will take over, he will use his power punches to get to Bute, he will drop Lucian in the around the 4th. But the inevitable will occur and from the half-way point Pascal will tire, Bute will take over again, until the last round where Pascal will make a final push to win. Scores will be close, but it will be around 115-112, but if Pascal fights the right fight and Bute decides to stay in the pocket too long, it could be an early night, Bute’s chin won’t hold up to many of Pascal’s punches. So many what if's in this fight its a 50/50 fight, neither fighter are coming in with any great form, Bute short on confidence and Pascal may have a bit of ring rust.

Last edited by KO-KING on Tue May 14, 2013 3:38 pm; edited 4 times in total

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

::: Rating - Jean Pascall vs Lucian Bute :::  - Angel Heredia - "Bute PED use", info inside  - Page 2 Empty Re: ::: Rating - Jean Pascall vs Lucian Bute ::: - Angel Heredia - "Bute PED use", info inside

Post by kingraf Thu May 09, 2013 10:32 pm

I know, I just needed to put that disclaimer out.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

::: Rating - Jean Pascall vs Lucian Bute :::  - Angel Heredia - "Bute PED use", info inside  - Page 2 Empty Re: ::: Rating - Jean Pascall vs Lucian Bute ::: - Angel Heredia - "Bute PED use", info inside

Post by ShahenshahG Thu May 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Valuev

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu May 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Suffice to say I've been a lot less impressed with Oosthuizen than you have, kingraf!

Can't write the lad off but I think he'd be on to a hiding for nothing against three or four of the best Super-Middleweights rather than just Ward.

Has hints of Amir Khan about him, I think, the only difference (and it's a good difference, in fairness) being that his chin is demonstrably much sturdier than Khan's.

Like Khan, he's also a good volume puncher with quick hands, who can blind an overmatched opponent with that speed before retreating before the other man can respond most of the time, but I've seen little to suggest he'll ever be able to hit hard enough to keep the more robust fighters off him, and that's where he's likely to come badly a cropper. His defence is horrific for a fighter with such natural gifts in the height and reach department.

Good chin or no, if he'd have fought someone like Froch or Kesser the way he fought Marcus Johnson, for instance, his corner would have been thinking of pulling him out within half a dozen rounds, I'm sure. He'd have been systematically taken apart fighting like that. Limited fighters have got to him without much trouble - he seems to think he's got the reactions and reflexes to avoid all shots by pulling back from them, but he hasn't, I'm afraid.

His lack of a real inside game (again, much like Amir) is a concern as well, for me. It seems to take him quite a while to respond once an opponent is up close and personal with him and he's susceptible to being outworked in that area, particularly as he seems content to just stick the ear muffs on and soak it up for prolonged periods.

As I say, his fitness, fast hands and quick attacks from mid to long range mean that he does have something to offer, but even approaching good enough to mix it with the best Super-Middleweights out there this year? Not for me. Consider me very guarded when it comes to his world title aspirations as long as the likes of Ward, Froch and Kessler are around.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Fri May 10, 2013 12:00 am

manos de piedra wrote:Struggle to see how deGale, Groves and Cleverly have displayed more talent than Bute or Pascal.

Groves scored a much better victory over Glenn Johnson than Bute did (despite having fewer fights than Bute), and his stamina is much greater than Pascal who's a three round fighter at best. Degale is a talent, his career has just stalled due to his change in promoters.

I also think Cleverly's punch output alone would cause serious problems for either Bute and Pascal. Much in the way Froch did.

I just fail to see the hype with these two fighters... Taking nothing away from Froch, who I think is a superb fighter, his victory over a limited/ protected Bute is somewhat over-rated.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri May 10, 2013 12:29 am

All Time Great wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:Struggle to see how deGale, Groves and Cleverly have displayed more talent than Bute or Pascal.

Groves scored a much better victory over Glenn Johnson than Bute did (despite having fewer fights than Bute), and his stamina is much greater than Pascal who's a three round fighter at best. Degale is a talent, his career has just stalled due to his change in promoters.

I also think Cleverly's punch output alone would cause serious problems for either Bute and Pascal. Much in the way Froch did.

I just fail to see the hype with these two fighters... Taking nothing away from Froch, who I think is a superb fighter, his victory over a limited/ protected Bute is somewhat over-rated.

Seems to be ignoring an awful lot of what Bute and Pascal have actual done and focusing on a few small areas.

There might be a case for them having the potential to be better than Bute or Pascal in the future but I cant see how they could be considered better fighters at present.

Bute and Pascal have looked alot better against a higher level of competition than Groves, DeGale of Cleverly have for me. They have only failed against world class fighters and beaten a better standard of opposition. I think DeGale and Groves would be made look ordinary against the likes of Froch and Hopkins.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri May 10, 2013 11:56 am

Chris I think you need to see his next fight. The boy has come on in leaps (at least, thats what he told me). The difference between him and Khan (chin) is a massive one as it puts him in a better stead to resist onslaughts.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri May 10, 2013 12:01 pm

Not sure if Zuniga was his next fight after that one, kingraf, but again he didn't exactly look sensational in that one and the problems I highlighted in his performance against Johnson were still there. Zuniga's performance was lacking in ambition, certainly early on at least, and he was beaten just as widely by DeGale soon after. Nobody is talking about DeGale beating all of the 168 pounders outside of Ward, however.

Time will tell, but I've not been blown away at all by Oosthuizen so far.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri May 10, 2013 12:14 pm

Well, he was trying to fight Froch in S
October/December. Sadly, he is still high risk, low reward. Hence he didnt even get the fight with Stevenson. He is trying to get bigger fights, but its not coming right.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sat May 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Angel heredia ‏@Guruscience 9 May

As I indicated to you all and press.. USADA will conduct testing for brandon, Marquez, pascal and 2 more. BUTE refused USADA and played hurt

https://twitter.com/Guruscience

---------------

Any substance behind the claim, or are we now waiting for a defamation Case

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon May 13, 2013 4:52 pm

Angel Heredia (Memo Hernandez) is also a compulsive liar who questions other fighters tests despite Marquez NEVER having taken any tests for Pacquaio and USADA not being allowed access to Marquez whilst training in Mexico...

The only tests USADA were likely to do were 3 pre-fight samples and 1 pee test after (depending on the Athletic Commission).

Personally, I would remove the "PED use" from the caption as it implies guilt before proof - I wouldn't ever take anything Memo Hernandez says seriously as he's poison to the sport.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Tue May 14, 2013 3:37 pm

School Project wrote:Angel Heredia (Memo Hernandez) is also a compulsive liar who questions other fighters tests despite Marquez NEVER having taken any tests for Pacquaio and USADA not being allowed access to Marquez whilst training in Mexico...

The only tests USADA were likely to do were 3 pre-fight samples and 1 pee test after (depending on the Athletic Commission).

Personally, I would remove the "PED use" from the caption as it implies guilt before proof - I wouldn't ever take anything Memo Hernandez says seriously as he's poison to the sport.

What I meant was Memo says Bute --> PED use, which is what he is implying

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2