The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucian Bute

+7
TRUSSMAN66
shenglong2015
TopHat24/7
BoxingFan88
Herman Jaeger
ONETWOFOREVER
inman124
11 posters

Go down

Lucian Bute Empty Lucian Bute

Post by inman124 Sun 16 Aug 2015, 3:02 pm

Pleased with Bute performance last night, wasn't fighting a great fighter but showed he still has something left in the tank. Always liked Bute, just hope he can get back into title contention

inman124

Back to top Go down

Lucian Bute Empty Re: Lucian Bute

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 17 Aug 2015, 7:22 am

Never a force, no power, demolished by Froch.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 17 Aug 2015, 8:24 am

If he was never a force, why were so many punters picking Bute to comprehensively outbox Froch? Wasn't Bute the betting favourite in that one?

Next you'll be saying Biggs was never a force before Tyson destroyed him.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 8:28 am

Seemed to have some decent movement, but he got rocked just before he got the stoppage, he might be in some interesting fights down the line, but I think he has been Corbra'd *cringe*

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 10:11 am

A notch below world level, always has been (Andrade dropped a bloody big hint before he was wrapped in cotton wool) and always will be. But a near top level operator all the same.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 10:18 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Never a force, no power, demolished by Froch.

Load of nonsense.

Bute was very highly regarded fighter and was once a big force in the Supermiddlewight division.

Not to mention his pedigree at amateur level, check out his fight with Golovkin in the amateurs.....

My fear with the 35 year old Bute is that he appears to be oing the WBC route, which is going to be difficult with Groves fighting Badou Jack for he title.

If Badou Jack wins, he may get his crack at another title, however if Groves wins this could be detrimental.

Given that Groves may then take a warm up before fighting DeGale, and then the winner of DeGale-Groves may then defend against Callum Smith, it could be a case of Bute being frozen out of contention for 2-3 years, which makes it even more difficult given he will be 38 and have o have lots of fights in between to maintain his ranking.

Some sections of the boxing world however do feel that it is fair on balance, given that Bute wasnt part of the Super 6, and was able to hold and defend his IBF title for a long time, whilst not facing the best in the division, and was able to make a handsome sum doing this at that time.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 10:26 am

Good points well made, Sheng.

If GG wins, Bute would still be a decent defence. But given GG's history with Froch, unless he scores a sensational ko, it won't ever go down as good a win and will continue to maintain GG's status as a notch below Froch.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 2:28 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:If he was never a force, why were so many punters picking Bute to comprehensively outbox Froch? Wasn't Bute the betting favourite in that one?

In fairness to one two...Punters picked Bramble to beat Rosario....

Two things...............The ring magazine gave perennial loser Snipes the decision over Biggs in Dec 86......In Mar 87 Biggs scored a hail mary in the sixth round after looking destined to lose against the woeful David Bey.... in his next fight he fought Tyson.....From 84-86 he had terrible depression and alcohol related problems...

He was rushed into a Tyson fight because they wers scared he'd lose before he got to it........He wasn't a force in the division...

As for Bute I called him Slobodon Kacar after another stand up European fighter from the 80s.....I picked Froch to thrash him on here and two fights ago Pascal played with him...

Bute is nothing special and never will be....Journeyman in an era full of talent..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 17 Aug 2015, 3:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Herman Jaeger wrote:If he was never a force, why were so many punters picking Bute to comprehensively outbox Froch? Wasn't Bute the betting favourite in that one?

In fairness to one two...Punters picked Bramble to beat Rosario....

Two things...............The ring magazine gave perennial loser Snipes the decision over Biggs in Dec 86......In Mar 87 Biggs scored a hail mary in the sixth round after looking destined to lose against the woeful David Bey.... in his next fight he fought Tyson.....From 84-86 he had terrible depression and alcohol related problems...

He was rushed into a Tyson fight because they wers scared he'd lose before he got to it........He wasn't a force in the division...

As for Bute I called him Slobodon Kacar after another stand up European  fighter from the 80s.....I picked Froch to thrash him on here and two fights ago Pascal played with him...

Bute is nothing special and never will be....Journeyman in an era full of talent..

I remember the Bey fight, good fight actually, Bey wasn't as bad as you make out, but I think after that, many felt Biggs was going to have a tough time with Tyson.

I'd still contend however, that a pre-Tyson Biggs comfortably deals with Bruno. Donovan Ruddock beats Bruno too so I ask again, where does this notion that Frank rules today come from???!!

Bute was rubbish, always said it, but Ward seemingly didn't want to go anywhere near him, and many, including some on here, had Bute to batter Froch. Also, who's to say  Bute wouldn't have done better with Ward(not saying he wins mind,) than he did with Froch?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 3:38 pm

Bruno beats Biggs because he had no power....

If Bey can find him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 17 Aug 2015, 4:01 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Bruno beats Biggs because he had no power....

If Bey can find him..

Yep...

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 4:14 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

That's a pathetic comment and sums up why the 'fans' are almost as much a part of modern boxing's problems as anyone else.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 4:17 pm

I don't see Ruddock or Biggs beating Bruno....

The notion is that Bruno was very good against stiff come forward Europeans that didn't move their heads..... Rolling Eyes

I know more about him than you..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 4:23 pm

None of that has anything to do with you call Bute a journeyman.

I will remember that the next time you decide to blow the trumpet about Floyd's stellar CV..... Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 4:26 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:None of that has anything to do with you call Bute a journeyman.

I will remember that the next time you decide to blow the trumpet about Floyd's stellar CV..... Rolling Eyes

When you get to know who guys like Slobodan Kacar are..

I'll care about your opinion... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 4:30 pm

If Bute (that Froch fought) was a journeyman, then so are:

Maidana
Alvarez
Guerrero
Ortiz
Baldomir
Mitchell
Gatti
Brussells
Corley

Kinda decimates Floyd's CV above LW, doesn't it??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 4:33 pm

Okay mate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 5:54 pm

Defend it then.

I'm just working with your contention.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 6:05 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Never a force, no power, demolished by Froch.

Load of nonsense.

Bute was very highly regarded fighter and was once a big force in the Supermiddlewight division.

Not to mention his pedigree at amateur level, check out his fight with Golovkin in the amateurs.....

My fear with the 35 year old Bute is that he appears to be oing the WBC route, which is going to be difficult with Groves fighting Badou Jack for he title.

If Badou Jack wins, he may get his crack at another title, however if Groves wins this could be detrimental.

Given that Groves may then take a warm up before fighting DeGale, and then the winner of DeGale-Groves may then defend against Callum Smith, it could be a case of Bute being frozen out of contention for 2-3 years, which makes it even more difficult given he will be 38 and have o have lots of fights in between to maintain his ranking.

Some sections of the boxing world however do feel that it is fair on balance, given that Bute wasnt part of the Super 6, and was able to hold and defend his IBF title for a long time, whilst not facing the best in the division, and was able to make a handsome sum doing this at that time.

He's never really beaten anybody............Bika is another poor world champion....Joppy was past it and the awful Andrade was robbed..

A stand up european who got creamed off Froch and Pascal the two best he's fought...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 17 Aug 2015, 6:29 pm

A) What does this have to do with Mayweather aside from the very boring points scoring that seems to go on every thread.

B) Froch did ruin Bute and his reputation but he was and is far better than journeyman level, I do wonder how much of him people have seen to call him a 'stand up' fighter, he was a very quick and fluid mover at this best.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 6:35 pm

It's an attack on the comment via pointing out the inconsistency and utter hypocrisy of the argument.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 6:43 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:A) What does this have to do with Mayweather aside from the very boring points scoring that seems to go on every thread.

B) Froch did ruin Bute and his reputation but he was and is far better than journeyman level, I do wonder how much of him people have seen to call him a 'stand up' fighter, he was a very quick and fluid mover at this best.

You can wonder all you like............

But I've seen enough of him to know he's nothing special......

Picked Froch to smash him early and I was right...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 17 Aug 2015, 7:32 pm

According to truss if you have so much as a loss on your record then you're a bum. Salido was a bum before he beat lomo. Then when he got the win his excuses roll out. The only fighters with losses he excuses are the ones who fight floyd. At least Bute took on the best. Berto is the second coming of Ray Robinson according to truss
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 8:18 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:According to truss if you have so much as a loss on your record then you're a bum. Salido was a bum before he beat lomo. Then when he got the win his excuses roll out. The only fighters with losses he excuses are the ones who fight floyd.  At least Bute took on the best. Berto is the second coming of Ray Robinson according to truss

Okay.... Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 17 Aug 2015, 8:50 pm

Not a bum, per se. But not quality either. Losses to Pascal and Froch made it clear he can't dine at the big boys table, and the work he made of beating Grachev (a lovely guy, but a real journeyman) indicates that he's closer to that than the elite. Tommy Oosthuizen had a glorified sparring session against Grachev, in between another of his episodes. Chilemba also gave Grachev the business when they faced.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 8:52 pm

No one has called him a bum....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 17 Aug 2015, 9:05 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:According to truss if you have so much as a loss on your record then you're a bum.

Just assumed this was said because at some point you called him a bum. Fair enough my apologies, didn't bother to read up.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 9:07 pm

kingraf wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:According to truss if you have so much as a loss on your record then you're a bum.

Just assumed this was said because at some point you called him a bum. Fair enough my apologies, didn't bother to read up.

Always fun to see what is being attributed to me.... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:18 am

What's the difference between a 'journeyman' and a 'bum' then, Truss??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:19 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:What's the difference between a 'journeyman' and a 'bum' then, Truss??

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:27 am

That your best answer? Any wonder you are routinely mocked and exposed on here.....?!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:31 am

Journeyman - Is someone like who has the skill to give a test to a top fighter....

But lacks the quality to be one....

An awful lot of journeymen winning titles these days for my liking with the amount on offer..

Do I really need to tell you what a bum is....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:40 am

It's hard to tell, the way you chop and change your definitions to suit your argument (generally to bolster Floyd somehow....)

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:42 am

You're boring me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:46 am

Fine by me. Nice to know what you actually think of Floyd's level of opposition though. Largely falling into the 'journeyman' category you've created for Bute.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:57 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Fine by me.  Nice to know what you actually think of Floyd's level of opposition though. Largely falling into the 'journeyman' category you've created for Bute.

I don't think it will be fine by you.........Unfortunately...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Aug 2015, 11:35 am

It will come back to haunt you every time you try to justify or elevate the creibility of any Floyd oppo that falls into your new 'journeyman' definition, i.e. someone with double-figure world title defences against fringe-world/gatekeeper level opposition that was eventually exposed when stepping up to the top level.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 18 Aug 2015, 11:41 am

Can we make a TopHat/TRUSS Floyd discussion board that's hidden from everyone else? Boring as hell.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Aug 2015, 11:45 am

Why are you bringing me into this ???

I don't want to debate with him....

He's obsessed.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 18 Aug 2015, 11:49 am

Sorry, I think you have to take one for the team, otherwise he may come back to the main board.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Aug 2015, 11:50 am

Scottrf wrote:Sorry, I think you have to take one for the team, otherwise he may come back to the main board.

Good job I'm a team player... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down