The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naz v McGuigan

+7
GeoffSnapes
88Chris05
coxy0001
huw
Valero's Conscience
Fists of Fury
azania
11 posters

Go down

Naz v McGuigan Empty Naz v McGuigan

Post by azania Thu 05 May 2011, 9:30 am

Who wins?

For me Naz would stop McGuigan in 5 rounds. McGuigan was never the best defensively and Naz punched too hard and fast and from awkward angles. He would confuse Barry as he was perpetual motion.

Thoughts?

azania

Back to top Go down

Naz v McGuigan Empty Re: Naz v McGuigan

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 05 May 2011, 9:36 am

Naz every single time, far too unorthodox, far too powerful, and simply far too good. Always thought Barry was a decent fighter, good win against Pedroza, but never in the same class as Hamed.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 05 May 2011, 9:40 am

Have to agree, I think Hamed has way too much for him, Hamed wasn't perfect but for me he was still another level above McGuigan IMO.

I think Hamed would have too much power and speed and stop McQuigan although not early.

I'm sure Emmanuel Steward called Hamed one of the hardest P4P punchers ever!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 05 May 2011, 9:46 am

Is this a serious question? Hamed on his day would have been a match for anyone at he weight and would have made McGuigan look silly.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 05 May 2011, 9:57 am

A big "IF" but if McGuigan were to break the will of Hamed he'd stand a chance. Lets not forget he was made to look simply amateurish at times by Kelley whose gamplan went out of the window

I would go with Hamed, but i think some are being far too kind on one of the most overrated fighters of recent times and being a bit harsh on Barry Mc.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 05 May 2011, 10:07 am

coxy0001 wrote:A big "IF" but if McGuigan were to break the will of Hamed he'd stand a chance. Lets not forget he was made to look simply amateurish at times by Kelley whose gamplan went out of the window

I would go with Hamed, but i think some are being far too kind on one of the most overrated fighters of recent times and being a bit harsh on Barry Mc.

McG was no Barerra though and that was when Naz wasn't doing what he did at his best. Could seeing nothing other than a one sided victory, probably late KO or ref stoppage. Feel Hamed would just toy with him.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 05 May 2011, 10:09 am

Huw

Never said Barry Mc was like MAB, didn't even mention him. Pointed to how Kelley was able to get to him rather easily and how if he'd listened to his corner things could've been different, as it was he lost his mind.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 05 May 2011, 10:26 am

Coxy,

I added MAB as he was the only one that really broke Naz's heart.

It's hard to say with Kelley as it was still an early KO. Naz made him lose the plot and I think he would have p'd off just about every opponent with some of his antics in the ring.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 May 2011, 10:33 am

I suppose that was an easy choice. How about Naz vs Azumah? I'd pick Azumah via KO in 10. He would walk Naz down, wear him out and finally end it. Naz would be ahead on points until that point.

In a rematch The Professor would win easier.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 05 May 2011, 10:53 am

Hamed beats McGuigan any way he wants to, to be honest. Just a level above him, for me. Punches too hard, could actually box when he wanted to (which spells trouble for McGuigan straight away) and has the chin to survive even if Barry does tag him. I think Hamed stops him in the late rounds.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffSnapes Thu 05 May 2011, 11:04 am

Naz wins this all day, although I can't see him stopping Barry early.

Boxing Fitness

GeoffSnapes

http://www.konkura.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 05 May 2011, 11:19 am

Naz for me. His unorthodox style would have been a nightmare for McGuigan who wasn't that good defencively. Naz's punching power would have got him the stoppage in the middle rounds imo.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 05 May 2011, 4:40 pm

Who wins?

For me Naz would stop McGuigan in 5 rounds. McGuigan was never the best defensively and Naz punched too hard and fast and from awkward angles. He would confuse Barry as he was perpetual motion.

Thoughts?
McGuigan would make him work 180 seconds of every round, suffocate him and win a wide UD. Baffled by some of the comments on here, the night McGuigan beat Pedroza he would of schooled the big mouth, that was Barry's defining night, Naseem never had 1 he beat a journeyman in Robinson that's it.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2011, 4:58 pm

McGuigan would make him work 180 seconds of every round, suffocate him and win a wide UD. Baffled by some of the comments on here, the night McGuigan beat Pedroza he would of schooled the big mouth, that was Barry's defining night,
Bit like Hatton vs Kostya but Ricky found his level when he stepped up to face the very best and, as much as I dislike the little tool, in his pomp, Naz was something else.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 05 May 2011, 5:03 pm

I would pick Hamed to win but I think most of the comments are really over selling Hamed and underselling McGuigan.

Its hadly a mismatch is it? Barring Barrera who beat Hamed, I would rate McGuigan as better than anything Hamed faced.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 05 May 2011, 5:23 pm

I had it more down to the fact of Naz's style being all wrong for McGuigan. He threw powerful punches from strange angles and McGuigan wasn't that hard to hit.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Thu 05 May 2011, 5:28 pm

Hamed all wrong for McGuigan - Mid rounds stoppage in a pretty humiliating fight.

Naz was a fantastic fighter but not very likeable. Barry was / is very likeable but was in the right place at the right time.

As for Nelson - I'd pick him to take a close controversial decision in the first fight and a wide one in the second.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 May 2011, 5:58 pm

Steven_89 wrote:
Who wins?

Thoughts?
McGuigan would make him work 180 seconds of every round, suffocate him and win a wide UD. Baffled by some of the comments on here, the night McGuigan beat Pedroza he would of schooled the big mouth, that was Barry's defining night, Naseem never had 1 he beat a journeyman in Robinson that's it.

Pedroza was old and well past his best against Mc. Good win all the same. Barry's best win was against Bernard Taylor where body punches took away his legs. But Naz was simply too good for him. Barry wasn't very elusive and that would be suicide against a heavy puncher like Naz.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 05 May 2011, 8:28 pm

Pedroza was old and well past his best against Mc. Good win all the same. Barry's best win was against Bernard Taylor where body punches took away his legs. But Naz was simply too good for him. Barry wasn't very elusive and that would be suicide against a heavy puncher like Naz.
Well i tell you what if he was old and well past his best he did well being unbeaten in 9 year!, i dont agree his best win was that night in 85 @ Loftus Road, he would outwork Naz who didnt like to work, and be the better conditioned fighter, Barry by UD, Naz used to go on rants as well about Barry so dont think he liked him too much, as for Azumah Nelson, he would of absolutely boxed Naz' head off and been a bit too strong for Barry imo.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 May 2011, 8:55 pm

Steven_89 wrote:Pedroza was old and well past his best against Mc. Good win all the same. Barry's best win was against Bernard Taylor where body punches took away his legs. But Naz was simply too good for him. Barry wasn't very elusive and that would be suicide against a heavy puncher like Naz.
Well i tell you what if he was old and well past his best he did well being unbeaten in 9 year!, i dont agree his best win was that night in 85 @ Loftus Road, he would outwork Naz who didnt like to work, and be the better conditioned fighter, Barry by UD, Naz used to go on rants as well about Barry so dont think he liked him too much, as for Azumah Nelson, he would of absolutely boxed Naz' head off and been a bit too strong for Barry imo.

He was on the slide. He had several close decisions previously and some said he was lucky to get the decision. Irrespective though, it was a superb win and fight by Mc. That cannot be denied.

But Naz was an entirely different proposition. It would have taken Naz 2-3 rounds to sus him out and another 2 to put Mg away.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 05 May 2011, 8:58 pm

He was on the slide. He had several close decisions previously and some said he was lucky to get the decision. Irrespective though, it was a superb win and fight by Mc. That cannot be denied.

But Naz was an entirely different proposition. It would have taken Naz 2-3 rounds to sus him out and another 2 to put Mg away.
Yahoo
McGuigan isnt Robinson, etc he was better than anyone big mouth faced at 9 stone, easily. He would of outworked him to a UD, how you come to the conclusion he'd put Barry away in 5 rounds baffles me, but there you go.

Nigel Benn summed the guy up once when asked whether Lewis and Naseem would regain their world titles, he replied Lennox Lewis yes, Naseem, No, doesnt listen. Has been exposed.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 May 2011, 9:00 pm

Steven_89 wrote:

Yahoo
McGuigan isnt Robinson, etc he was better than anyone big mouth faced at 9 stone, easily. He would of outworked him to a UD, how you come to the conclusion he'd put Barry away in 5 rounds baffles me, but there you go.

Nigel Benn summed the guy up once when asked whether Lewis and Naseem would regain their world titles, he replied Lennox Lewis yes, Naseem, No, doesnt listen. Has been exposed.

Well yes, Barry was not Robinson. Self evident. He was a better boxer. Naz was just better than the pair of them. Did Barry regain his title? The point is, Barry is made for Naz. A come forward fighter is what Naz had wet dreams over.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down