The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quarter Final Results

2 posters

Go down

Quarter Final Results Empty Quarter Final Results

Post by The_Enigma Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:34 pm

Aston Villa 2-1 Norwich
Scorers - Gabriel Agbonlahor 52, Christian Benteke 60 | Wesley Hoolahan 83

"Norwich have come with a game play with could potentially stifle Aston Villa in the first half, while not creating many changes for themselves having to rely heavily on set-pieces. As the game progresses, I just think Villa will start to hurt a tiring Norwich who have been on the back foot for most of the game. It's not until they go 2-0 down when they start creating changes with Snodgrass getting some success to calf open a change to make it 2-1."
"Norwich have set up well to negate as well as they can the Villa attack and are always going to create against a dodgy Villa back 4"
"Strong effort by Norwich but Villa have a lot of attacking quality and Norwich don't have that quality other than Wolfwinkel."

Fulham 3-0 Swansea City
Scorers - Dimitar Berbatov 11, Bryan Ruiz 71, 77

Southampton 2-1 Reading
Scorers - Morgan Schniederlin 38, Gary Hooper 88 | Iago Aspas 56

"Very attacking approach from Southampton which combats the 4-4-2 of Reading well. I feel the Reading front two struggle against the three Southampton CB's, but Southampton's strikers are able to overcome the two Reading CB's and this is where Southampton's goals come from. Reading are able to respond by doubling up on the Southampton wingbacks and create plenty of chances themselves. I see this game going to extra time, especially when Southampton change to 4-4-2 themselves and the game is much more even. Can't split the two.
"Can't see Reading breaking down Southampton when they attack, and I fancy Saints to score, so they win"
"Not sure playing five at the back was the best strategy but a strong Southampton XI win this game."

QPR 1-4 West Brom
Scorers - Loic Remy 7 | Romelu Lukaku 37, 44, Chris Brunt 65, Claudio Yacob 87

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Quarter Final Results Empty Re: Quarter Final Results

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 24 May 2013, 9:03 pm

Is the chatbox open?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down