The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup

+19
GunsGerms
Poorfour
nganboy
aucklandlaurie
super_realist
Dolphin Ziggler
Hulking_up
Hero
bhb001
ChequeredJersey
Crimey
The Womble
SirJohnnyEnglish
Skydriver
McLaren
JuliusHMarx
Stella
sodhat
Adam D
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Choose your fave comic book based film

Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 18 ]
Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 13 ]
Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 9 ]
Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 14 ]
Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 29 ]
Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 125

Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Empty Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup

Post by Adam D Mon 22 Apr 2013, 10:01 am

First topic message reminder :

Round 5 is now under way and its films based on comics or comic book characters. A wide range to choose from this week.

Next week is films with a name in the title. (ie Whatever happened to Baby Jane)

Here are the nominations (where given) reasons:

Remember to vote for your fave 2 films

Superman (1977) - childhood dream come true for me to see a real-life version of Superman, saw it at least 5 times during the summer holidays when it was released

X-men Origins

The only thing you need to know about this film is it has Wolverine in it. The coolest of all comic book characters.

Kick-Ass - An 11 year old said the c-word. The whole film was hilarious. Nicolas Cage was actually good in something. Lyndsey Fonseca was in it.

The Dark Knight - The best comic book film out there due to the fact it managed to change this genre and now most comic book films are trying to be just like it as we can see with the rebooted spiderman which wanted to be darker, gritty just like TDK this film changed a genre and raised the bar of comic films it is truly the best out there, from ledger's outstanding performance of the joker to it keeping you on the edge of your seats and the quotes in this film made it a better experience and personally my fav film of all time.

V for Vendetta - ""Remember, remember, the fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot." Powerful words from a powerful film, Hugo Weaving's portrayal of the masked vigilante V representing the greatest comic book transformation in film history. V for Vendetta is a truly brilliant film, one that captures all the fear of the populace, the bravado of V, and a very stark reminder of how bad fascism would be for us all. Vote for V!!!

Men: First Class - After the disaster of X-Men: The Last Stand came this, a brilliant cast and new direction and a fantastic film. Saved The X-Men series from becoming a joke.

Blade - The daywalker (Wes Snipes) kicks Vampires ass in this action film. The beginning scene with the rave in a underground meat locker raining blood and a top class tune pumping is one of the best scenes I've witnessed in a film.

Watchmen for its dark mix of humour, realism, philosophy and excellent characterisation with unpredictable plot.

Iron Man - made comic book characters cool again. forget your dark stroppy knights. This was a fun, dazzling and relatively unknown superhero who came from leftfield to show us a new type of superhero - the celbrity one. Robert Downey Jr got it spot on.

Avengers Assemble - You like Iron Man? It's got it. You like Hulk? It's got that too. You like Captain America? Seriously what's wrong with you, but it's got that as well.

Last edited by Adam D on Mon 29 Apr 2013, 9:52 am; edited 2 times in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 3:41 pm

What are the chances of them doing films versions of "Killing Joke" and "Arkham Asylum"? Yes I appreciate Heath Ledger's "Joker" will be seen as the definitive version and anything else would be an insult to his memory but they're pretty good GN in themselves.

Of course, film versions of LOBO need to be made and in fact should have been made frackin' YEARS ago

Back to top Go down

Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Films based on comics - Round 5 of the movie Cup

Post by Bull Thu 25 Apr 2013, 5:23 pm

DAVE667 wrote:What are the chances of them doing films versions of "Killing Joke" and "Arkham Asylum"? Yes I appreciate Heath Ledger's "Joker" will be seen as the definitive version and anything else would be an insult to his memory but they're pretty good GN in themselves.

Of course, film versions of LOBO need to be made and in fact should have been made frackin' YEARS ago

Killing Joke/Arkham Asylum two great comics that, think a film would be awesome

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 25 Apr 2013, 7:36 pm

Killing Joke isn't really long enough to make a film out of it. Arkham Asylum might be, if you want a film where Batman wanders around and talks a lot.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Fri 26 Apr 2013, 3:03 pm

I think The Killing Joke could potentially be made into a feature film - but I agree it wouldn't really work if done as a faithful translation.

I'm thinking that such a movie could spend some time with Jim and Barbara Gordon. Perhaps going as far as showing Babs becoming Oracle (and potentially, if not too camp/out of tone, even her former life as Batgirl before that was brought to an end).

Personally though, I really like Nolan's treatment of the Joker. He appears fully formed and we never really delve too far into what makes him how he is. Having said that, I thought that the "origin" question is one that was borrowed from The Killing Joke with a different slant. The book shows one possible story, but even the Joker himself says that he remembers it in different ways (i.e. even he doesn't really know what happened). Heath Ledger's version tells 3 or 4 distinct tales - which I interpreted as him messing people around, but could be the same sort of situation as in The Killing Joke.

If you like those disturbing crime drama type Batman stories such as this and Arkham Asylum, I'd highly recommend Scott Snyder's The Black Mirror. Recently bought the trade paperback, and it's excellent. [Even if it's Grayson rather than Wayne as Batman]

Last edited by Skydriver on Fri 26 Apr 2013, 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Apr 2013, 3:12 pm

What about "Judgement on Gotham"? Batman and Judge Dredd. Really do like Karl Urban's portrayal Dredd although watching him and Bale out-gravel voice one another for two hours could be draining on the spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 26 Apr 2013, 4:37 pm

DAVE667 wrote:What are the chances of them doing films versions of "Killing Joke" and "Arkham Asylum"? Yes I appreciate Heath Ledger's "Joker" will be seen as the definitive version and anything else would be an insult to his memory but they're pretty good GN in themselves.

Nicholson's Joker was the definitive too. Things change when they are bettered.

On another note, I would love a Spirited Away style anime film of Dream Hunters. Ideally the whole of the Sandman but I think the saga is far too complex to be transferred to the screen
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 26 Apr 2013, 4:39 pm

Nothing on-screen bettered Steve Englehart's 1970s Detective Comics' Joker IMHO.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 29 Apr 2013, 9:53 am

points for last round!

Adam D 3
Nay Bother
Sodhat 5
Hornblower 2
MtotheC
Hero 6
Bull 10
Trussman
Galted 4
Azzy Mahmood
Crazygangwomble
treble winners 8
chequered Jersey

Overall leaderboard:

Bull 31
Nay Bother 26
Hornblower 21
Adam D 18
Hero 16
Azzy 16
Chequered 13
Crazywomble 13
Sodhat 13
Galted 12
Treble winners 10
Trussman 8
MtotheC 4

AS neither MtotheC or Treblewinners have provided me with film nominations for the last two weeks, and that they are bottom of the pile, they have now dropped out of the running! Sorry guys!

Next Round is your favourite film from the year you were born. Nominations ASAP please.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 29 Apr 2013, 9:54 am

I'm not competing but mine would be Deliverance.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2