The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3

+16
Bull
Kenny
TRUSSMAN66
Hero
Hulking_up
ChequeredJersey
Il Gialloblu
Skydriver
SirJohnnyEnglish
guildfordbat
Barney92
Galted
Rowley
GSC
mystiroakey
Adam D
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Vote for your favorite animated movie

Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 10 ]
Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 24 ]
Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 11 ]
Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 8 ]
Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 7 ]
Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 17 ]
[ 6 ]
Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 108

Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Empty Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3

Post by Adam D Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Ladies and Gents, the third round of the 2013 movie cup is up and could I ask you all to vote for your favourite two films from the list.

Even if you are not part of the nomination process, you can still take part in deciding which v2 member has the best film taste.

Round 2 covers animated films and the following are nominations from the 11 entrants into this years competition. Take a read and choose your favourite two.

As soon as this competition closes in a 4 weeks time, we will be moving on to the 2013 Music Cup, so make sure to put your name forward if you want to compete in that one.

But without further ado, please find this weeks nominations - the poll will close on Monday where we will move on to Round 4 which will feature the best movies made in the 1980s.

Spirited Away - my introduction into the bizarre dreamworld of Miyazaki, if the film itself wasn't good enough the song at the end, Itsumo Nano Demo, just about has me in tears

Wall-E: The look on my kids faces when watching this film was amazing, they were under a spell throughout, the story from start to finish gets you invested in Wall-e and his plight. Despite the first half of the film having no talking my kids were completely engrossed, any children's film that can do that has to be considered a success, add to that the fantastic animation and you've got an absolute classic.

Toy Story 2 - The sequel to the highly entertaining Pixar film Toy Story. Better than the 1st? Yes I would say so! Outstanding film.

Beavis and Butthead Do America - Uncultured as a selection, but utterly brilliant. It shouldn't be so engaging when the lead characters are empty vessels, but it is.

Toy Story - Don't need to say anymore!

Toy Story 3 - who could forget the famous iconic characters and the great fun that was in this movie truly one of the best out there

Shrek - Who doesn't love Shrek? An angry ogre, a beautiful princess, a pompous prince and a cheeky donkey - not to mention the great music. We all know how great Mike Myers is as Shrek, how nice Cameron Diaz's voice is, how funny Eddie Murphy's donkey is, and how perfect John Lithgow was as the scheming Lord Farquaad - but it's the little things that make Shrek great, like the Gingerbread Man, Pinocchio and the Three Blind Mice. Just remember: :music:I thought love was only true in fairy tales. OI! OI! OI! OI

Finding Nemo - Finding Nemo is the story of a nervous and easily scared clown fish who travels across the ocean to save his son, having watched him be snatched by human fish collectors. What follows is an emotional rollercoaster of self discovery as Marlin (Nemos dad) and Dory, a fish with short term memory loss who he meets at the start of his journey have to contend with sharks, jellyfish, whales turtles to save Nemo. With a well written and paced story full of comedy and emotion I implore you to vote for this classic in true Dory style, by speaking whale.

Aladdin - The re-emergence of the House of Mouse. Amazing songs, set pieces and a rare occasion that Robin Williams isnt annoying in his role as a genie. A timeless tale rendered beautifully during Disneys second golden period. One of the first big movies that both children and adults can enjoy. A true classic in every way.

The Nightmare Before Christmas - For me this is Tim Burton's greatest film and one of the few films I
never tire of watching. Admit it, right now you're already starting to hum either 'This is Halloween' or 'What's This?'
The criticism will be 'well it's a bit frightening for kids' well guess what, kids love being scared.
Vote for Jack!

Watership Down - Superb feel good story with a message that you can fight against oppression with team work and win..

Shrek 2- Even better than it's predecessor, the additions of Everett, Cleese and Saunders to the cast makes for an amazing film. Action packed with hilarious moments, and it has baby donkey dinosaurs. What more could you want?

Last edited by Adam D on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:29 am; edited 3 times in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3

Post by kingjohn7 Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:14 am

Wheres the jungle book?

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Animated Films - Movie Cup round 3

Post by Poorfour Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:20 pm

My personal votes would have gone to Monsters, Inc (just beautifully put together and one of the most perfect scripts ever written - not a single line is wasted. Plus the final scene brings tears to my eyes every time), and Team America (groundbreaking in so many ways. All of them very wrong). How To Train Your Dragon comes close.

But since you didn't see fit to list them, Toy Story 2 and Spirited Away.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2