The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another big name to return?

+9
MetalMotty
Makaveli
Mr H
Mr Video Man
Kid Vicious
Dolphin Ziggler
VDT
Dr Gregory House MD
Brilliant_yep
13 posters

Go down

Another big name to return? Empty Another big name to return?

Post by Brilliant_yep Sun 14 Apr 2013, 12:47 pm

Apparently Batista is getting in shape with the idea that he will take the Rock's place in the forthcoming Brock Lesnar feud.

What do you think? Do you want to see Batista back? It would mean another part time worker getting big feuds, he's in his 40s and what would his appeal be these days?

I'm willing to give it a chance, as long as fresh talents can use him to get a rub.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Another big name to return? Empty Re: Another big name to return?

Post by Brilliant_yep Sun 14 Apr 2013, 12:48 pm

Sorry, source: wrestlezone.com/news/270999-dave-batista-close-to-a-wwe-return-possible-feud-w-lesnar

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 14 Apr 2013, 12:50 pm

Sheamus and Ryback are just 2 of the Batista sized me is rather got the feud

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Sun 14 Apr 2013, 5:09 pm

I can see quite a few big names returning after the next 6 - 9 months just to make WM30 as Star Studded as possible
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 14 Apr 2013, 6:22 pm

I'd almost rather Batista was fed to Lesnar than Ryback or Sheamus. Ideally I'd have him lose to Lesnar, beat Del Rio then lose to Sheamus.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:15 am

As I've said many times, these old farts should be used to put over the new guys. If he has to come back, I like the idea of him returning to feud with Brock initially; there's no point in wasting his return on a secondary feud. It'd also mean that the two part-timers are used to extinguish each other rather than an up-and-comer.

But after that feud he should be put in a program with one of the regular roster and give them the rub. Upper mid card is fine; I'm not suggesting Curt Hawkins gets the big win. But I wouldn't want to see Batista come back to steam roll people like Ryback, Sheamus and Swagger to then just leave for another crack at acting/MMA. Short term fix, long term problem.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Mon 15 Apr 2013, 12:22 pm

Kid Vicious wrote: But I wouldn't want to see Batista come back to steam roll people like Ryback, Sheamus and Swagger to then just leave for another crack at acting/MMA. Short term fix, long term problem.

kind of like the rock. come back and bury cm punk to become wwe champion then leave for a few weeks just to come back and lose it to cena before heading off to do his preferred profession (acting).
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 15 Apr 2013, 12:27 pm

Great news. I'm a big Batista fan. If he produces the same standard of work of that just before he left then it will make for decent viewing.

I also don't care much about the part timers coming back. I'm all for the here and now, the present, and if Batista/Lesnar/Rock won't be around all year then so what? Makes it all the better when they do show up. I think as fans we should be grateful that these box office names show up at all.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Mon 15 Apr 2013, 2:23 pm

Was a Batista fan, but I cant stand the constant bringing back all timers just because it will temporary bring in money and keep ratings up, as someone said earlier its a short term fix to a long term problem.

What WWE are doing is, cooking up some dinner at home, that smells so nice, and then when its almost made, think sod it and end up opting for a takeaway, and its just silly.

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 15 Apr 2013, 2:27 pm

I was never really a huge Batista fan admittedly, but WWE need to be careful with offering part time contracts, it's one thing offering these contracts to the Rock (international movie star) and Brock Lesnar (headlining UFC cards that did 1million + buys) but I think the willingness to offer these contracts will temp a lot of guys out of the wood work and frankly I can't think of anyone else in the wrestling world that would be worth it, and that includes Batista.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon 15 Apr 2013, 3:22 pm

well i kind of like to see batista start where he left off... feuding with cena. End of the day who has Cena got to feud with in WWE if they arent willing to try new wrestlers.

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 15 Apr 2013, 3:23 pm

well batista could blame cena for his breakdown at the end of his last run couldnt he

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 15 Apr 2013, 3:33 pm

How do we know he will be signing on a "legends" contract? Nobody seems to be weighing up the possibility he might come back full time? Would still have a good 3-5 years left in him full time...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 15 Apr 2013, 3:55 pm

Hell who cares if he comes back part time. I’d rather Batista, Lesnar, Rock and HHH made part time appearances over the course of the year than not at all. I’d also much rather watch them than Vanilla Del Rio and Rybore. As for the impact it will have long term – meh. Whatever. More the merrier I say! If Wrestlemania 30 consisted of Batista, Lesnar, Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Cena, Punk, Kurt Angle, Goldberg and Steve Austin then who paying for the PPV would complain?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:15 pm

Ooh, I see a potential Lesnar, Batista, Goldberg, Ryback, Fatal Four Way.
That match would be botch central.
I wanna see it!

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:39 pm

Aside from a hot streak between Mania 23 and 24 is say Ryback is an all round more entertaining in ring worker than Batista

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:40 pm

Botch Lesnar vs Botchtista vs Goldbotch vs Rybotch in a Botch on a Pole Match in the Main Event of Botch of Champions 2013.

Book it.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:42 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Aside from a hot streak between Mania 23 and 24 is say Ryback is an all round more entertaining in ring worker than Batista

What? Really? Ryback isnt fit to lace Batista's boots. Batista is far more explosive and believable with his impact moves, shows more intensity and is a better 'worker' (i use that term loosely) thank Ryback. Batista v Cena at Mania26 was entertaining.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:46 pm

Yeah, Ryback for me isn't as good as Batista, and Batista wasn't that great for most of his runs.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:46 pm

Sorry I haven't replied, it's probably not a good idea to make bold statements then be unable to back them up for 5 hours.

I should set this straight and say, I have never been a Batista fan, he's had his good moments, run up to WM21 (though not the match itself), Matches vs Undertaker & Edge and his heel turn near the end (the mic work, again not the wrestling which bar a match with Bryan was pretty dreadful).

I always though Batista was very lethargic, I didn't get this intensity from him, I also didn't rate his match Cena at WM26, the one at Summerslam was probably the best of what they did, but even that wasn't great.

I'm not saying Ryback is the greatest wrestler in the world, but given that he hasn't been around all that long, nor given the same get over privelages as Batista with Evoloution and the run up to WM21, I think he's done pretty well, I think his matches are generally of a higher standard than the usual Batista fare, his clotheslines and powerbombs look particuarly good, and I think he's generally suceeding better in the position than Big Dave would have.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:28 am

I never liked Batista, he was decent for about 5 months in a 10 uear career

From Jan-April 05 and from Feb-April 2010, apart from that I just didn't like him, if he came back It'd definitely not spike my interest

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:37 am

Kay Fabe wrote:I never liked Batista, he was decent for about 5 months in a 10 uear career

From Jan-April 05 and from Feb-April 2010, apart from that I just didn't like him, if he came back It'd definitely not spike my interest

In fairness he did have a very hot streak of PPV matches beginning with Wrestlemania 23 and finishing with Elimination Chamber prior to WM24.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down