The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My £50 Ravenhill Experience

+18
MrsP
Rugby Fan
neilthom7
Intotouch
red_stag
Pal Joey
Meister
Notch
thebluesmancometh
Shifty
GLove39
Jenifer McLadyboy
Portnoy's Complaint
Standulstermen
rodders
Cardiff Dave
2ndtimeround
clivemcl
22 posters

Go down

My £50 Ravenhill Experience Empty My £50 Ravenhill Experience

Post by clivemcl Fri 12 Apr 2013, 11:04 pm

I'm just wanting to get it off my chest is all! Sorry in advance its long winded.

I don't make it to many games, I don't have much surplus cash or many fellow supporters.

I managed to convince my wife to go tonight. She organised for her mum to babysit and met me in Antrim and we journeyed on towards ravenhill.

When ordering, my wife had said she wanted to be seated. I looked at each stand section and all that was left available was individual seats. I struggled to remember if these seats were actually allocated in reality or if it was a free for all on arrival.

When we arrived, we tried to guage if people were sitting where their ticket numbers stated and I said to my wife to sit beside me and see what happened, I had planned to maybe ask the other guy if he would mind swapping with my wifes seat.

When he arrived, our night went downhill. I asked if he was sitting by himself, he replied that he was by himself, but that this was his season ticket seat. I told him my wifes seat was just two rows behind and asked if he'd mind swapping. My wife got up at this point stating she didnt mind and she would move for him. He sighed, mentioned he was a season ticket holder again, huffed and puffed and finally said 'ok, where is your seat at?'

At this point, people in the row moved up and said 'we can all fit, its fine!'. So we did, moving one seat acros each. Five minutes later another season ticket holder forced the people to move back down the row again.

Since the guy had previously agreed, i asked again if he was ok to move. He got up, and relectantly moved whilst reiterating that he was a season ticket holder and that he shouln't have to be moving at all.

I said to the guy that we had all paid money into the club to be there, and surely as we are all supporters we could somehow work this out. My wife was so upset by his attitude (it doesn't take much), that she walked out of the stands into the prom and i followed.

She spent the whole match stood behind taller people feeling ill, whilst I saw what I could through the heads. I couldn't enjoy myself either because I knew she was upset.

Whilst I'm the kind of person who perhaps hopes too much for kindness and generousity, i know the man did indeed have a right to his seat. Its just sad that it ended up being so difficult and stressful.

I doubt my wife will ever return to Ravers, and to be honest sitting on the couch watching on tv might be the preferable option for me too after tonight.

But, it wasn't all bad I guess...
My £50 Ravenhill Experience 54148510

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

My £50 Ravenhill Experience Empty Re: My £50 Ravenhill Experience

Post by 2ndtimeround Fri 12 Apr 2013, 11:17 pm

You should of stayed next to him and just been annoying and let your wife sit behind and have a laugh at you irritating the boring sod.
I could undestand if you were asking him to move a long way but by just a few seats is just petty, maybe its this pettieness is why he goes to games on his own, don't let some bill no mates spoil your day.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 12 Apr 2013, 11:26 pm

Standing up on the terracing is a far more enjoyable way to watch rugby than sitting down, standing up, sitting down etc. Try it next time Clivemcl. I'm sure your mrs will love it.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 12 Apr 2013, 11:27 pm

Come on Clive tell the truth..... you just wanted to post the picture of yourself and Johann .... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 13 Apr 2013, 12:55 am

Ah you get idiots everywhere. It was his seat but for gods sakes it's not a big thing! Terrace is always the best craic but it sells out quickest. Look at it this way Clive, there were between 5-10 people willing to be decent and one Holly Wilaboobie who wanted to make a song dance over nothing. Thats not a terrible ratio

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 13 Apr 2013, 12:57 am

The only thing I would say in the lads defence is that I go to the same spot as invariably we are surrounded by the same punters and have the craic with them. I would understand if that was a reason but it doesn't sound like it

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sat 13 Apr 2013, 9:13 am

Sounds like that's what's meant by standing up for the Ulstermen.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 13 Apr 2013, 12:25 pm

I don't mean to be uncaring. But if you are both that sensitive perhaps you should not go to live Rugby.
I'd hate to think of you at a Linfield socer match or an old firm match in Glasgow.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 13 Apr 2013, 1:07 pm

Simple solution, go to an Edinburgh game, not hard to find a spare seat (or several thousand) there!

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 13 Apr 2013, 1:41 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:I don't mean to be uncaring. But if you are both that sensitive perhaps you should not go to live Rugby.
I'd hate to think of you at a Linfield socer match or an old firm match in Glasgow.

thats essentially what I said Jen. I just think Ulster rugby would probably have liked to think their season ticket holders were friendlier, and did their part to make the experience of their fellow supporters as enjoyable as possible.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 13 Apr 2013, 4:48 pm

I sort of agree with the season ticket holder, I'd be peeved if I was asked to move from my usual seat because some fair weather fan decided to turn up as a one off, and didn't have the foresight to order seats in advance and get 2 together.

I just like to get to the Ospreys stadium and enjoy the game and not be messed about. Though to be fair you'd have no trouble finding 2 spare seats together at the Liberty! Whistle

To me seats are numbered for a reason, and in a full stadium you can't really blame people for not wanting to be messed about. The chances are he just wanted to go to his usual spot and enjoy the game.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 13 Apr 2013, 6:29 pm

Yea Shifty, this is a fair viewpoint. But from the word go, my wife (who is too lovely for her own good) was on her feet willing to move. The season ticket holder who agreed fairly straight forwardly initially, decided to throw the toys out of the pram second time round when i tried to take him up on his earlier agreement.

Even if you did want to stand your ground, there is totally a way to do it without being obnoxious.

P.S. replace 'fair weather supporter' for someone who lives 50mile away, doesn't have much money and rarely has anyone with which to go...

I'm fed up this idea that having enough disposable income with which to buy a season ticket somehow means you are a better supporter.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 13 Apr 2013, 6:36 pm

clivemcl wrote:Yea Shifty, this is a fair viewpoint. But from the word go, my wife (who is too lovely for her own good) was on her feet willing to move. The season ticket holder who agreed fairly straight forwardly initially, decided to throw the toys out of the pram second time round when i tried to take him up on his earlier agreement.

Even if you did want to stand your ground, there is totally a way to do it without being obnoxious.

P.S. replace 'fair weather supporter' for someone who lives 50mile away, doesn't have much money and rarely has anyone with which to go...

I'm fed up this idea that having enough disposable income with which to buy a season ticket somehow means you are a better supporter

Disagree

And also with Jen on that if trying to swap a seat upsets someone then stay at home.

Also this guy has paid a fortune for his season ticket, he's been nice enough to agree to move once, then sat back down, a few minutes later you've asked him to move again????

If you can't afford the fortune that is live rugby surely you have to respect those who's do, and then rock up to sit on his own because he can't get anyone he knows to go to the game he loves.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 13 Apr 2013, 6:46 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:
clivemcl wrote:Yea Shifty, this is a fair viewpoint. But from the word go, my wife (who is too lovely for her own good) was on her feet willing to move. The season ticket holder who agreed fairly straight forwardly initially, decided to throw the toys out of the pram second time round when i tried to take him up on his earlier agreement.

I'm fed up this idea that having enough disposable income with which to buy a season ticket somehow means you are a better supporter

Disagree

And also with Jen on that if trying to swap a seat upsets someone then stay at home.

Also this guy has paid a fortune for his season ticket, he's been nice enough to agree to move once, then sat back down, a few minutes later you've asked him to move again????

If you can't afford the fortune that is live rugby surely you have to respect those who's do, and then rock up to sit on his own because he can't get anyone he knows to go to the game he loves.

he may improve his situation (in bold) by learning to be kinder in life. Am I wrong to think that most people would try to allow a husband and wife to sit together? Its not like we are competing, can't we try to help each other enjoy the spectacle instead of creating a heirarchy issue with a fellow supporter?

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 13 Apr 2013, 6:53 pm

Well, if I was in his position I probably wouldn't swap. I mean, I'd paid for that seat, I sit there every week etc. But then, i'd be with the auld fella. Never mind anyway, we're on the prom- much better craic. You don't need a seat to Stand Up for the Ulstermen! I think it is unreserved seating for non-season ticket holders (isn't it?) so if you want to get two seats together best thing is to turn up early.

I appreciate they don't make that easy with these ridiculous early kick-offs. It's a real shame you didn't enjoy the game, sorry to hear about that.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 13 Apr 2013, 7:31 pm

clivemcl wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:

Disagree

he may improve his situation (in bold) by learning to be kinder in life. Am I wrong to think that most people would try to allow a husband and wife to sit together? Its not like we are competing, can't we try to help each other enjoy the spectacle instead of creating a heirarchy issue with a fellow supporter?

But the issue is he could say the same about your financial position, or how often you go to games, or even how you buy tickets for you and the wife in seperate rows (you crafty sod)

My point is he moved with a grumble but he did move for you, a second time after attempting to move nicely enough the first time. When he moved had the game kicked off too?

Do you not think that with a bit of better planning on your part you would not have interupted a very loyal fans night, and possibly tarnished his experience? He is the victim here IMHO and he did everything he could to get to the game, without interupting anyone else, you clearly did not.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 13 Apr 2013, 7:31 pm

PS From his POV you have caused a fuss, made him move from the seat he has prob sat at all year then left...

I bet he was fuming!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Meister Sat 13 Apr 2013, 10:59 pm

We went to the RDS for the Leinster - Glasgow semi last year as part of the stag-do we were on. Obviously dressed for the occasion, the lads were wearing big wigs and were welcomed with open arms by most of the locals. As soon as we sat down, the grump behind us told us to take the f*****g things off, I'm a season ticket holder. We all did obviously, and he continued to moan the rest of the game. At us and at the Leinster players. He left early too, despite the relatively close game.

Meister

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 13 Apr 2013, 11:33 pm

Notch wrote:I think it is unreserved seating for non-season ticket holders (isn't it?)

This was kinda what I thought when I booked. I wasn't sure, but i was hoping. If true, I guess we were unlucky that my wife had sat in a season ticket holders seat. The guy didnt arrive till 7 after we were there half an hour. So we had thought everything was fine by that point. We werent deliberatly trying to annoy anyone. Right up until his arrival i was still hoping it was a free for all, and the idea of a season ticket holder hadn't entered my mind.

I've previously said that I know he had a right to the seat, but you will have to trust me when i say he didnt explain his desire to keep his seat in a friendly way, and all this considering my wife was on her feet without hesitation willing to part ways with me.

Also, as for the prom and terrace, they are no good for my wife due to her height, and even for me, I will still have my view obstructed by the odd taller person. It was basically two individual seats or not go at all. I hoped the seating was unreserved, then i hoped we could appeal to someone's good nature, neither were the case, and sadly the only remaining option was embarassment at the hands of someone who simply couldnt be pleasant.

As an aside, I do wonder how many people go to games alone. At the time of my booking, block E had 9/10 individual seats left. I guess going by myself may be more common in future!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 14 Apr 2013, 12:40 am

Ravenhill needs more seats obviously.
What's the capacity there with the new work going on? That must put more pressure on getting good seats.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:21 am

To be honest Clive I think you and your wife have no cause to grumble whatsoever.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intotouch Sun 14 Apr 2013, 2:46 pm

Hmmm. I can see why you were frustrated. But... it sounds like it's because you feel like you were entitled to his seat and that he "should" have moved for you. Yes he agreed to move before, but it was his seat, and he has a right to change his mind. The generous thing to do would have been to move. Twice. But you were not entitled to his seat and he was not obliged to move to suit you.

Maybe, like my father, he has a bad lower back and walking causes him terrible pain. Given that it was a rugby match maybe the cartilage is gone from his knees and again, walking causes him pain. Maybe he's just a grump. But it was his seat and he didn't want to move for any reason then why should he?

To my mind you are the person at fault. You could have rung Ulster rugby first to check and see whether you could sit together before booking. Easy.

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 3:10 pm

Well the idea that non season ticket holders are any less loyal is rubish, some off course are but not all. However I have to agree with a lot of guys here I am sorry it didn't go well but he was under no obligation to move etc, me when i was a season ticket holder if I had of been one in the stand and not the promenade where I had mine I would have moved but only because that's just me I can understand why some people wouldn't want to move too. I hope it all goes better for you in future though mate.

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sun 14 Apr 2013, 4:16 pm

It`s sad you didn`t have a good experience at the game. To be honest, though, it sounds a bit like you are more annoyed with yourself than with the other supporters.

Obviously, the best thing to have done was to ensure you had two seats together before you went, by checking with the club how to do that. Having arrived unsure of your situation, I would have enlisted the help of one of the staff, told them what you needed, and asked them to give you a hand. They know the ground, and could probably have pointed you in the right direction.

Instead, it sounds like you didn`t want to make a fuss, and tried to work things out for yourself without troubling anyone. The end result, however, is that you started chopping and changing, and still didn`t get what you wanted. That really isn`t other people`s fault.

It shouldn`t be too much of a surprise that season ticket holders arrive later than others to take their places. They have a guaranteed seat, after all.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 14 Apr 2013, 5:27 pm

Clive,

You really seem to have a problem with STHs, don't you?

Last season it was the fact that they were allowed priority to get tickets for the HEC quarter final in Thomond. This season you are upset that someone who paid in advance for that seat was a bit grumpy when you sat in it!

Maybe he is posting somewhere about this bloke who thought he could just turn up and sit wherever he liked. I suspect that he had the greater reason to complain about having his evening potentially ruined.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 14 Apr 2013, 5:42 pm

clivemcl wrote:Right up until his arrival i was still hoping it was a free for all, and the idea of a season ticket holder hadn't entered my mind.

Well- now you know! I guess thats the way it goes with sell-out crowds. Its where you can get in.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 14 Apr 2013, 5:59 pm

I've just remembered that MrP had a similar experience to the poor STH you tried to displace.

It was at the Clermont game. He turned up to find one of our seats occupied.

He politely pointed out to the bloke who was sitting in his seat that it was his seat and the man very graciously apologised and moved back 2 rows.

The bloke wasn't quite sure of the situation re seats either. He ususally had a different spot at Ravenhill.

Closer to the action.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfball Sun 14 Apr 2013, 6:17 pm

red_stag wrote:To be honest Clive I think you and your wife have no cause to grumble whatsoever.

Agreed. Stop whinging about it. Things like that happen all the time at matches and people tend not to post it on message boards looking for a shoulder to cry on. Move on.

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 14 Apr 2013, 6:22 pm

If there's anything to come out of this thread, its that maybe Ulster Rugby could be a bit more helpful in sticking 'reserved' stickers on pre-booked seats.

Apart from that, not much else to say really...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 14 Apr 2013, 6:47 pm

Notch.

The seat row and number are on the tickets as far as I know.

Nearly all the stand will be sold so that would take ages.

The best thing would be to just sit in the seat you bought for the first quarter or half of the game and then see if you can spot 2 together.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:03 pm

MrsP wrote:I've just remembered that MrP had a similar experience to the poor STH you tried to displace.

It was at the Clermont game. He turned up to find one of our seats occupied.

He politely pointed out to the bloke who was sitting in his seat that it was his seat and the man very graciously apologised and moved back 2 rows.

The bloke wasn't quite sure of the situation re seats either. He ususally had a different spot at Ravenhill.

Closer to the action.

I wish it was your husband I dealt with, I'd say he is more polite than this guy was.

For sure, i've learnt my lesson and will know again. But, just to re-iterate for the umpteenth time, my wife was on her feet ready to move from the word go. This guy was just not a nice person. Regardless of his willingness to move. My issue was more with his conduct rather than his actions.

Also, Mrs P, my issue was never with STHs getting priority tickets, it was with them getting EXTRA priority tickets. I still insist on this point. Don't paint the wrong picture here for people. OK

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:20 pm

Although Ive disagree'd with you here clive it has turned into a bit of a lynch mob since, I think it's just best you put one poor experience behind you and ensure the next one is far better (Don't go and sit with the miserable buggers, get in the standing area for some real fun)

Hope it gets better though OK

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:56 pm

Clive,

Maybe the STH wishes the person in his seat behaved just like Ruan Pienaar did when MrP asked him to move!

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:51 pm

Notch wrote:If there's anything to come out of this thread, its that maybe Ulster Rugby could be a bit more helpful in sticking 'reserved' stickers on pre-booked seats.

Apart from that, not much else to say really...

Yeah, that's what we do here. You get a two-part sticker (perforated) with matching numbers. You sign it (remember to bring a pen!), slap it on the seat (they don't leave sticky, gummy marks) and then you can go off and grab a bite or whatever. It works very well.

They even throw in a free newspaper/trashy piece of paraphernalia if you want. Never had a problem. There are also plenty of attendants who have eagle eyes and along with the other STHs make sure nobody tries to re-arrange things while you're out the back of the stands watching players warm up or ordering a bacon & egg roll.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:43 am

When you everyone moved along one seat that was a mistake - someone else was bound to come along and want to sit in their own seat.

If he had gone back two rows at the beginning that would have been the end of the issue.

Asking someone to move twice is a bit much to be honest - I would not be happy about it

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:45 am

Alll seats and tickets are numbered

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:46 am

Any word on potential signings/outgoings Geoff?

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:55 am

To be honest I agree with Geoff.

I can't balme the guy at all, he did you a favor in moving (which he didn't have to do) and you write an article about it complaining that he didn't move on the 2nd request graciously!

I'm sure you knew they were numbered when ordering "I looked at each stand section and all that was left available was individual seats." you maybe just hoped they weren't or hoped someone would do you a favour and move (which they didn't have to do).

When you realised that the seats were not together, you should have considered the promanade, not being the tallest isn't really an excuse, its not like everyone there is 6 foot, shorter people enjoy it as much.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:02 am

Stand to quote myself elsewhere

geoff998rugby wrote:Well to sum up the rumours:

Franks rumour was solid enough, but it was Ben not Owen, However that seems to have gone cold and Jannie du Plessis is the latest being talked about. What is clear is we have been given the ok to get a 1 year replacement.

McKinney and McIlwaine to return

Ferris to go
Afoa to go
D'Arcy, Cochrane, NOC to definitely join them
I think Birch and Andrew may well go too
Paddy Wallace still to sign but I would expect a 1 year contract on much reduced wages.

That it - other than an Afoa replacement I do not expect anything more than tinkering around the edges.

We will see more of Lutton, McAllister, Annett, Joyce and the 2 young second rows next year. Also Heaney, McKinney, Farrell, Nelson and Scholes in the backs

To that you can add McIlroy the scrum half leaving

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:28 am

Kingshu wrote:he did you a favor in moving (which he didn't have to do) and you write an article about it complaining that he didn't move on the 2nd request graciously!

I'm not overly bothered anymore, just want to clear this up. he didn't end up moving initially because he didn't have to, as people moved up. But he was about to. Then when the people needed to move back up, I raised the possibility again since he has agreed to it three minutes earlier.

I totally undertsand with those telling me I shouldn't expect him to move, but like I said, my wife is lovely. (You will have to trust me on that) And he was unlovely to her in return. Just to be clear, I enquired if he was sitting by himself and made the suggestion very politely without expectation (my wife was on her feet to move).

The thing is, I wish he had just said, "you know what, I just like sitting on the seat I pay all year for, I'm sorry i'd rather not move" OR "yea no problem at all, enjoy your night. It was the fact that he said yes but in a sulk, and grumbled as he began walking away. He embarassed us in front of all those in earshot.

I wish he had just said 'no'.

you will just have to trust me when i say I'm not an arse.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:43 am

Sounds like he was just a bit grumpy, it's a shame but that's what you're up against.

I've visited Ravenhill once, and had a great experience, granted I was standing and I'm tall enough to be able to see on the terrace but a STH Ulster fan gave my mate his season ticket at half time so he could go to the supporters bar rather than queue at the other bar because it was raining so hard. Never met him before in his life, just handed over his season ticket, sound man.

I almost regret that my mate done a legger with it, but you know, we're skangers from Tallaght, so....

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:44 am

Clive I really don't see the issue. He agreed (twice) to help you out and because he did so without a smile you wrote an article about him.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:47 am

I am sure you are not but as I say the multiple moving of seats was a confused situation waiting to happen - as it proved.

For what it is worth if it had been me, and it was prior to kick off, I was alone and the alternatvie seat was perfectly acceptable (all of which appear to be the case here) I would have said 'Sure no problem'.
However when someone suggested a lot of people move along one seat I would have said no thanks and gone to the seat allocated to your wife because as soon as multiple people move confusion is close at hand.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:55 am

Mickado wrote:Sounds like he was just a bit grumpy, it's a shame but that's what you're up against.

I've visited Ravenhill once, and had a great experience, granted I was standing and I'm tall enough to be able to see on the terrace but a STH Ulster fan gave my mate his season ticket at half time so he could go to the supporters bar rather than queue at the other bar because it was raining so hard. Never met him before in his life, just handed over his season ticket, sound man.

I almost regret that my mate done a legger with it, but you know, we're skangers from Tallaght, so....

Laugh Not sure what to say...

Clive I wouldve sold you my seat at the inflated price of a beer...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:03 am

Good man Geoff.

As soon as the people moved up I knew it was a dodgy move. Ah well. I'll not make the same mistake again for sure.

I find it interesting that so many individual seats seem to to get bought up at times when we sell out.

Thats a great sign for Ulster that people are even happy to sit alone just to be there.

I may give it a go sometime, since I think I've burnt my bridges with my wife on the live rugby front! I would probably have been in the terrace if it wasn't for my desperation to make the night an enjoyable experience for my wife when she didn't really want to come!

Personally, I prefer the stand because to me, its a lot of money to pay to not be able to see everything. My wife managed to see one try, I saw three. I'd be willing to sacrifice the atmosphere for being able to actually watch. Its a pity though the people in the stand tend not to be so vocal. Not that it would stop me!

Is there an argument to section off STH into blocks (within each section), and then allow the remainder of the seats to be unallocated?

Then stewards could do the job (like at the cinema) of asking everyone to move in to allow the remaining spaces to be easily assessable to the aisle.

This is just a separate thought to my OP.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:10 am

Clive I'm not sure what the issue is, you got what you paid for which was two unnumbered seats.

This guy however grumpy has paid for a season ticked and a reserved seat.

To be honest I think its a bit cheeky to even ask him to move. If he'd have offered to switch he'd have been doing you a good turn but he certainly was under no moral obligation to move, nor was anyone else.

If you'd paid for seats together then I'd see your point.

If you want a seat and a perfect view of the action then its probably best stay at home or else get a spot on the terrace/promanade and enjoy the atmosphere and the back of someones head for 80min thumbsup .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:20 am

Yea Rodders, I've already got all that from others and I'm happy to leave it alone now. any thoughts on the other points I made in my latest post?

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:25 am

Clive, is is too late to emigrate to some rugby friendly nation... where seats are seats and STHs are rare? Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:32 am

clivemcl wrote:Yea Rodders, I've already got all that from others and I'm happy to leave it alone now. any thoughts on the other points I made in my latest post?

Yeah they seem like reasonable enough suggestions. Hopefully when the new stands open there won't be an issue getting seats. I'm not a season ticket holder either and this season demand is really starting to outstrip supply...which is a great thing as even for the big Heino games in the past there was rarely an issue getting tickets.

My biggest gripe is the queues at the bar, flip the service is desperate since Laverys took over censored
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down