The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2

+18
rodders
Norfolklass
LordDowlais
ChequeredJersey
bhb001
Hulking_up
Bull
The Womble
guildfordbat
TRUSSMAN66
Stella
hornbloweroafc
Hero
Galted
sodhat
mystiroakey
Rowley
Adam D
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which is your fave Stallone movie?

Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_lcap7%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 9 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_lcap1%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_lcap28%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 36 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_lcap15%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 19 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_lcap1%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_lcap4%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_lcap9%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_lcap6%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 8 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_lcap2%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_lcap8%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_lcap20%Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 26 ]

Total Votes : 129

Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Empty Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2

Post by Adam D Wed 10 Apr 2013, 5:25 pm

Ladies and Gents, the second round of the 2013 movie cup is up and could I ask you all to vote for your favourite two films from the list.

Even if you are not part of the nomination process, you can still take part in deciding which v2 member has the best film taste.

Round 2 covers the films of Sylvester Stallone and the following are nominations from the 11 entrants into this years competition. Take a read and choose your favourite two.

As soon as this competition closes in a 5 weeks time, we will be moving on to the 2013 Music Cup, so make sure to put your name forward if you want to compete in that one.

But without further ado, please find this weeks nominations - the poll will close on Monday where we will move on to Round 3 which feature animated movies.

The Nominations are:

Demolition Man - The quintessential 90s Hollywood blockbuster, featuring the good guy Stallone up against the bad guy Wesley Snipes. Some great action scenes, along with some classic lines - this film has everything an action film needs, plus a great performance by Sly. If you don't vote for Demolition Man, I must ask you - "What seems to be your boggle?"

Cobra - Another Action Thriller from Sly. A cop with no regard to rules helps a 'witness' and ends up taking down a new gang intent on murdering the weak. I really enjoyed this film, the look of SLy, dressed all in black, sunglasses and the gun with a lazer on top made him so cool and a mean looking b@stard! THis is what an action film is all about!

oscar - was surprisingly believable as a gangster boss, admittedly there aren't too many good films involving sly but this one was watchable

Nighthawks - Superb thriller. Great villain, believable characters, atmospheric and a real twist at the end..

Escape to Victory - It has Bobby Moore and Pele in it. What else is there when the cast has those two?

First Blood - people often remember this as an all out action picture that hsa Stallone as a one man war machine. However, it is far from that. The first half is a great game of cat and mouse with Dennehy chasin down Sly. The second half, although ridiculous at times, is a real tour de force by Stallone as an actor. Amazing acting from a man who seems genuinely broken. The sequels dont do this film justice.

Rocky III - One of Stallone's best films and delivers well, did I also mention Hulk Hogan and who could forget the amazing theme song?

Daylight - One of his best, a good old fashioned disaster film about a collapsed tunnel. Sly has to lead an array of people to safety.

Cop Land - (from nominee!)Erm not even seen it but it's meant to be very good according to reviews. Given a choice I'd have picked Demolition Man because Sandra Bullock was hot as but that was taken and I never liked Stallone. Courtesy of Rowley - Stallone plays a local town cop in a town where most of the local residents are New York police. He discovers corruption and foul play in the community amongst the police trying to cover up a killing by one of their own. One of Stallones more heavyweight acting roles, both literally and figuratively as he gained a lot of weight to play the role. Excellent cast including De Niro, Keitel, Liotta and the vastly under rated Michael Rappaport.

Last edited by Adam D on Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:09 am; edited 3 times in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Empty Re: Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2

Post by Rowley Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:42 am

No stop or my mom will shoot? Think the ball has been dropped on this one Adam.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2 Empty Re: Stallone Movies - The movie cup round 2

Post by mystiroakey Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:45 am

Rocky. Not that I rate it personally but I can see the appeal. It was very succesfull and certainly was a film had helped evole film.

Stallones films arnt really my cup of tea. But abstaining isnt my bag..

so Rocky it is..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:46 am

Think the poll only let me choose one, because my other vote hasn't registered?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:47 am

Sodhat - I changed the poll to allow two votes now. I have also added the cancel vote function which means you can vote again. Sorry!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:48 am

I only picked one anyway!- I forget about the top 2!

Btw i think happy gilmore won last time around because it may have been the best second pick!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:49 am

Cheers Adam

Gutted there is no Rocky IV, clearly the best Rocky.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:51 am

It was my second pick!

As for the above, its great to see three Rocky films in the list although I think they will take away from each other in voting terms. My fave of the three is Rocky II but I could genuinely watch all 6 back to back and be happy!

For this round I picked First Blood and Nighthawks - both amazing films showing a different side to Stallone. I think people sometimes forget how good an actor he can be and just think of him as all action.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:51 am

I can see Demolition Man doing well in this round as peoples second choice movie.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:54 am

Adam as you have not seen Copland will do a bit of a review for it. Stallone plays a local town cop in a town where most of the local residents are New York police. He discovers corruption and foul play in the community amongst the police trying to cover up a killing by one of their own. One of Stallones more heavyweight acting roles, both literally and figuratively as he gained a lot of weight to play the role. Excellent cast including De Niro, Keitel, Liotta and the vastly under rated Michael Rappaport.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:54 am

So do two films go through?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:57 am

Rowley wrote:Adam as you have not seen Copland will do a bit of a review for it. Stallone plays a local town cop in a town where most of the local residents are New York police. He discovers corruption and foul play in the community amongst the police trying to cover up a killing by one of their own. One of Stallones more heavyweight acting roles, both literally and figuratively as he gained a lot of weight to play the role. Excellent cast including De Niro, Keitel, Liotta and the vastly under rated Michael Rappaport.

Rowley - I have seen the film (at the cinema no less) and thought it was great. The words are from the person who nominated it! It was his reason for nomination - I thought it was so funny it deserved leaving in!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:58 am

I went for rocky with my first choice as that movie is brilliant, watch it time and time again and beer gets old

My second choice went to expendables. I love how cheesy it is and proper takes me back to when I was younger and watched all the old school Arnie/sly action movies

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:59 am

Rowley wrote:No stop or my mom will shoot? Think the ball has been dropped on this one Adam.

Would imagine everyone was too scared of a life in 606v2 exile to nominate it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:00 am

mystiroakey wrote:So do two films go through?

Its a league table.

The winners get points for the people who nominated them. At the end of the 10 rounds, the highest point scorer over the 10 heats gets the kudos of being the champion with the best taste in movies.

Thats why the nominations are anonymous so that people cant vote for their favourite poster on the board.

If the Movie Cup from last year has taught me anything, its that I dont have good taste!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:01 am

Happy Gilmore won the last round, no-one has good taste.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:03 am

Aargh! I've just remembered Tango and Cash!
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:04 am

Hero wrote:Happy Gilmore won the last round, no-one has good taste.

It wasn't even Sandler's best sports-based film.

The Waterboy - now there is a worthy winner.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:04 am

Adam D wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:So do two films go through?

Its a league table.

The winners get points for the people who nominated them. At the end of the 10 rounds, the highest point scorer over the 10 heats gets the kudos of being the champion with the best taste in movies.

Thats why the nominations are anonymous so that people cant vote for their favourite poster on the board.

If the Movie Cup from last year has taught me anything, its that I dont have good taste!

Yeah I worked that out after i posted Doh !!I decided to read the OP !!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:06 am

hornbloweroafc wrote:Aargh! I've just remembered Tango and Cash!

I wish I could forget it as easily.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:12 am

So far I have had 4 people vote for the next round and no duplicates from the 8 suggested!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:13 am

Oscar Shocked

Rocky got my vote.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:14 am

Stella wrote:Oscar Shocked

Rocky got my vote.

It was surprisingly one of the first picked! I actually really like it.

And you can vote for two films each round stella!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:15 am

How is Rocky II losing? The best of the Rocky franchise in my opinion. (its not my pick by the way!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:17 am

No Cliffhanger? Thought is was his best film since Rocky IV.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:26 am

Oscar!!!! Love to know who offered that..................

Then again I was one of the few who enjoyed D-Tox.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:27 am

The standouts here for me are the Rocky fims (the first has to top the lot for starting the whole shooting match) and Escape to Victory if only for being perhaps the most bizarrely casted mainstream film ever!

One not included in the list which I've always found entertaining to watch and a long way (even by Stallone standards) from being taxing on the brain is Cliffhanger.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:29 am

Stella - just seen your post about Cliffhanger. Great minds think or bad taste together! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:30 am

Adam D wrote:So far I have had 4 people vote for the next round and no duplicates from the 8 suggested!

Adam

Have my nominees for round 3 got to you? My PM's seem to be doing stupid things.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:33 am

guildfordbat wrote:Stella - just seen your post about Cliffhanger. Great minds think or bad taste together! Very Happy

probally one of his more rated films and performances- Thats good taste Smile

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:58 am

mystiroakey wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:Stella - just seen your post about Cliffhanger. Great minds think or bad taste together! Very Happy

probally one of his more rated films and performances- Thats good taste Smile

thumbsup
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 11 Apr 2013, 11:25 am

crazygangwomble wrote:
Adam D wrote:So far I have had 4 people vote for the next round and no duplicates from the 8 suggested!

Adam

Have my nominees for round 3 got to you? My PM's seem to be doing stupid things.

Yep - received.

Everyone has their first choice so far, except Bull who has had to go with his second choice.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 11 Apr 2013, 11:29 am

how come it was only round 3 you asked for thought you would ask for 4 as well unless thats after this one?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 11 Apr 2013, 11:37 am

just asking one week ahead Bull.

I have the other categories mapped out though but thought I would let everyone get a feel of how people are voting (although I have no idea what Happy Gilmore says about the voters!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:01 pm

Rowley wrote:
hornbloweroafc wrote:Aargh! I've just remembered Tango and Cash!

I wish I could forget it as easily.

thumbsup
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:10 pm

Didn't Stallone start off doing soft porn films? Not that I've seen any.

I prefer hard porn Wink
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:12 pm

I think he did a film called something like Party at Kittys place.

He also did an amazingly bad film called Rhinestone which has to be seen to be believed!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:17 pm

I chose Demolition Man & Rocky III.
I think Rocky IV is the best Rocky film (the music alone owns everything).
I would have picked The Specialist if it was on the list.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:37 pm

Copland due to him playing out of character and First Blood as a superb film with plenty of pathos. Obviously I rate Rocky, but most of the other ones are just good sit and veg movies (although there is nothing wrong with that!!)

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:04 pm

"Favourite" Sly movie is a very relative term indeed
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:14 pm

But I've said Rocky and First Blood
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:09 pm

Demolition Man has Sandra Bullock wearing a very fetching outfit indeed. Even the ultra annoying Dennis Leary (Bill Hicks owns you, b!tch) can't take the shine of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:13 pm

DAVE667 wrote: Even the ultra annoying Dennis Leary (Bill Hicks owns you, b!tch) can't take the shine of that.

Aah Bill Hicks, as Stewart Lee put it "if only I could be judged for all eternity on two hours of material"

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:20 pm

I do like Stewart Lee although the wife doesn't "get" him. Wondering if divorce might not be an option if she doesn't pull her socks up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:23 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I do like Stewart Lee although the wife doesn't "get" him.

Likewise Dave, to be honest the wife does not get much comedy, she does like Tim Vine though so there is hope for her yet.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:26 pm

I reckon most women have a different personality to most men.

Take someone and have them slip on a banana skin and my wife will be in stitches.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:40 pm

Gotta say that I do like Tim Vine's stuff. It's a guilty pleasure of mine and I know he's not everyone's cup of tea (mmm tea!!) However, there's a bit of snobbery involved as I believe a group of people were recently given a list "Tim Vines greatest one-liners" to read and people thought they were rubbish. However, it was actually a load of Tommy Cooper's one liners and the self same people had previously stated they loved Tommy.

Take someone and have them slip on a banana skin and my wife will be in stitches.

That's one accident prone lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 4:11 pm

Over The Top for me. But it isn't on there.

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Thu 11 Apr 2013, 4:29 pm

Lock up is another one I thought was good one but I've remembered to late Doh
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Apr 2013, 5:58 pm

sodhat wrote:Cheers Adam

Gutted there is no Rocky IV, clearly the best Rocky.

Agree 100 percent.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next