The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestlemania 30: THIS HAS TO HAPPEN!!

+8
Marky
Makaveli
Kay Fabe
kingraf
HitmanOwl
Mr Video Man
TheCultOfPersonality
owen10ozzy
12 posters

Go down

Wrestlemania 30: THIS HAS TO HAPPEN!! Empty Wrestlemania 30: THIS HAS TO HAPPEN!!

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 08 Apr 2013, 5:16 pm

For anyone who hasn't seen it here is a video featuring both CM Punk and Steve Austin....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VjoYSRju5ww

Reports had initially suggested these two could square off at Wrestlemania 29....obviously that didn't happen...so the talk now is Wrestlemania 30...

Do we think it will happen..if so will it be at the 30th Anniversary? Indeed do we want this to happen...or should we look to free up the main spots for the new generation of stars?

For what it is worth I would love for this to happen...and if by occuring there is a concern of the younger generation not getting a chance to shine I would ensure that it didn't have the WWE Title attached to it.

It's strange because we all know Rock v Cena II was the supposed passing of the torch and whilst I agreed it should have happened the problem was it happened 5 years to late. Cena is already majorly established and he didnt need the torch passing.

However in my eyes Punk does. He is more than capable of becoming the man to take WWE forward, despite the fact he may not have got over as a face initially as well as the E probably hoped.

I think the key with Punk is you make him the Steve Austin of this era. Of course it has to be diluted somewhat but the principles remain the same. He does what he want when he wants and does not conform to society or to the higher order. Whilst Punk is without doubt a huge name in the WWE I still think he needs that big win ...not match.....WIN...in order to push him into that SUPERSTAR generation. A victory over the toughest SOB of the attitude era would do that!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania 30: THIS HAS TO HAPPEN!! Empty Re: Wrestlemania 30: THIS HAS TO HAPPEN!!

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Mon 08 Apr 2013, 6:25 pm

Stone Cold vs CM Punk needs to happen. However, I dont see Austin ever wrestling again. I don't think he even watches wrestling anymore or has lost enthusaism for it, he didn't even watch wrestlemania!

I think one match that needs to happen is John Cena vs The Undertaker. I think this might be Taker's last year. The two haven't had a feud since Cena became a big time star, Wrestlemania is the place where they have to and should meet.

Theres rumours of The Rock and Brock Lesnar happening but I don't see or have much interest in those two having a match.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania 30: THIS HAS TO HAPPEN!! Empty Re: Wrestlemania 30: THIS HAS TO HAPPEN!!

Post by Mr Video Man Mon 08 Apr 2013, 6:42 pm

if anything it needs to be dolph against taker as dolph is younger and steals the show every week but is still for some reason not being pushed as a main event star. cena is already over and in my opinion over so much so that he is boring and bland with everything he does and says
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Mon 08 Apr 2013, 6:46 pm

Taker v Cena title vs streak or I'd mark for sting v taker

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 08 Apr 2013, 6:52 pm

What odds can I get on Cena still holding the Big One at WrestleMania XXX? I can see Vince trying to get SuperMan past CM Punks 434 day run.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:01 pm

I've yet to see all this show stealing Dolph Ziggler apparently does

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Mon 08 Apr 2013, 9:38 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:I've yet to see all this show stealing Dolph Ziggler apparently does

THIS.

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 09 Apr 2013, 12:33 am

Next year needs to be Streak v Streak.

Undertaker v Fandango

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Apr 2013, 12:55 am

Nah it does not need to happen, Austin name aside couldn't put on a main event worthy match and after being being used for the streak this year, punk deserves a lot better than a cheap loss versus Austin

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Tue 09 Apr 2013, 1:47 am

Funaki to come back and take the Streak at WM30

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 09 Apr 2013, 6:27 am

Looseheaded wrote:Funaki to come back and take the Streak at WM30

INDEEEEEEEED.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:47 pm

Taker vs Cena, rumble winner vs heel champion (gradual turn over the year desperate to hold onto the belt).

Punk is never going to be the mega star everyone wants because wrestling isn't as popular as it was 10 or 15 years ago, get over it and stop wishing him every bloody trick in the book to get him there.

Honeslty people wanted him still as champion, main event and to take the streak - he still wouldn't be an austin, rock, HHH or hogan.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:51 pm

Wrestling isn't as popular as it was? Seriously? Did you see how many people went to Mania? Wrestling is bigger than it's ever been and that's why it's so commercial at the moment.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 09 Apr 2013, 11:06 pm

xviperx wrote:Wrestling isn't as popular as it was? Seriously? Did you see how many people went to Mania? Wrestling is bigger than it's ever been and that's why it's so commercial at the moment.

No it isn't at it's peak it was doing ratings of 4.5-5.5 and now it's 2.5-3.5 (being generous).

Mania is always going to sell out due to smarks and do great ppv numbers, but WWE are putting on more house shows etc than ever to make as much money as they were doing 15 years ago - one of the admins/mods did a great article on it not so long ago.

If you thing wrestlers are as big household names as in the attitude era or 80s you are having a laugh. The modern day guy is never going to be as big a mainstream star.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:05 am

Who reckons it'll be John Cena v The Undertaker for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania 30?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down