The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will it finally happen at Wrestlemania 29?...

+8
VDT
MIG
Shot 21 LCFC
Hulking_up
MetalMotty
theundisputedY2D2
Hero
harryspiv
12 posters

Go down

Will it finally happen at Wrestlemania 29?... Empty Will it finally happen at Wrestlemania 29?...

Post by harryspiv Mon 25 Feb 2013, 11:12 am

For years now super Cena has become super stale as the biggest face in the WWE and change has been long over due. However with The Rock holding the new look title and a seemingly new era coming into effect could Cena possibly turn heel at Wrestlemania 29?

The setup looks very similar to that of Wrestlemania 17. The Rock holding the title, top face doing nothing for a year and then winning the rumble. If there is the possibility of the turn, how do you think this could be achieved?

I'm thinking it has to be something super shocking to get over with the crowd as they already dislike him alot.

harryspiv

Back to top Go down

Will it finally happen at Wrestlemania 29?... Empty Re: Will it finally happen at Wrestlemania 29?...

Post by Hero Mon 25 Feb 2013, 11:16 am

It's a possibility, I imagine the crowd will be very partisan Rock and they may just run with it. The issue though of course remains who do WWE currently have faith in as the number 1 face of the company?
There's no-one to take over his mantle currently as cash cow for the Universe.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Will it finally happen at Wrestlemania 29?... Empty Re: Will it finally happen at Wrestlemania 29?...

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 25 Feb 2013, 11:19 am

It's all set up nicely for a John Cena heel turn (kinda like it was last year) but as Hero says in order for it to work then Cena needs a bunch of top level babyfaces to work with after Wrestlemania.

Otherwise you're left with another Steve Austin-esque heel turn which suffered due to a lack of credible opponents. To be honest I don't really see anyone at the level required for Cena to turn heel.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon 25 Feb 2013, 11:25 am

It is interesting especially as the Rock is advertised to be at Extreme Rules. so a rematch could be on the cards already.
So if Cena did turn Heel after the rematch with The Rock who would he fued with?

i think your right about there not being any top baby- faces to face

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 25 Feb 2013, 11:31 am

Look at the candidates to replace him as uber-face for WWE:

Randy Orton: 2 Wellness violations, works better as heel.
Rey Mysterio: Generates a shed load of cash with kids, but old, fat and a dwarf.
CM Punk: Does he appeal to the early teen/pre teen market? And it'd involve another turn.
Dolph Ziggler: A potential but for me he doesn't have the IT factor that the No1 face needs.
The Miz: Shares a lot of similarites to Cena; not the best wrestler, semi decent mic worker, has a face you want to kerb stomp.
ADR: Only really over with the Mexican audience, would he appeal to the US crowd?
Daniel Bryan: Hardly a poster boy to kids.
Jack Swagger: Hottest heel currently in company, though probably going to be serving a suspension post Mania.
Kofi: Would WWE make an African their poster boy? I suspect not.
Sheamus: Like Daniel Bryan he doesn't have the bronzed adonis poster boy look.

Basically it leaves WWE pushing Ryback as the number 1 face of the company and I think already people backstage are having reservations over his ring ability as he's coming across as a liabilty to work with. You don't want feuds constantly having to be nixed due to the main heels being out for 6 months due to Ryback botching a move.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Mon 25 Feb 2013, 11:32 am

John Cena turned heel years ago.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 25 Feb 2013, 11:51 am

Hero wrote:Look at the candidates to replace him as uber-face for WWE:

Rey Mysterio: Generates a shed load of cash with kids, but old, fat and a dwarf.
CM Punk: Does he appeal to the early teen/pre teen market? And it'd involve another turn.
Dolph Ziggler: A potential but for me he doesn't have the IT factor that the No1 face needs.
The Miz: Shares a lot of similarites to Cena; not the best wrestler, semi decent mic worker, has a face you want to kerb stomp.
ADR: Only really over with the Mexican audience, would he appeal to the US crowd?
Jack Swagger: Hottest heel currently in company, though probably going to be serving a suspension post Mania.

Basically it leaves WWE pushing Ryback as the number 1 face of the company and I think already people backstage are having reservations over his ring ability as he's coming across as a liabilty to work with. You don't want feuds constantly having to be nixed due to the main heels being out for 6 months due to Ryback botching a move.

This is quite harsh but I still had to laugh Laugh

As much as I want to see it, I dont think John Cena will ever turn heel. Last Wrestlemania was the perfect chance and they didnt take it. Expect a clean win with major celebrations as Cena celebrates finally being the champ after over a year. Potentially a handshake with The Rock also...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 25 Feb 2013, 12:02 pm

I think the perfect opportunity to do it would be at WM30 against the Undertaker. Screw Taker behind the refs back and then win and break the streak. Can't think of much else that'll get more heat?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 25 Feb 2013, 12:14 pm

[quote="Hero"]
quote]

I read a interview with Ziggler recently, in it he was asked about turning face and he said Never, he would love to make his entire career as the guy who did not get cheered. He don’t want cheers; He wants the boos because he loves it.

I don't think Cena needs to turn heel, he just to drop the jokes and be a bit more serious about stuff, be arsed if he losses matches/Titles not just more a jokes about how it doesn't matter. Maybe even just changing his attire would make him less of a joke, stop wearing jean shorts and trainer and put on some boots and tights.

VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 12:25 pm

[quote=]

IT factor

[/quote]

Bobby Roode?

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 25 Feb 2013, 12:34 pm

A massive problem with turning Cena heel now is CM Punk. Could Cena be anywere near as good a heel as Punk has been since July? No chance.

Where would that leave Punk as the number 1 heel?

The numerous moments to turn Cena heel have passed. WM28 was probably the best and they wouldn't do it. I'd just keep him the way he his.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by harryspiv Mon 25 Feb 2013, 1:11 pm

Some very interesting and valid points especially about the lack of faces that could take over from Cena. However I personally just cannot see Cena beating rock without a screwy finish of some sorts.

harryspiv

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 25 Feb 2013, 3:13 pm

As much as i would love to see a Cena heel turn i have got to the point and i am sure many others agree that it is simply not going to happen and never will.

However i feel others could step up to the number one face of the company. The Miz and Sheamus being the 2 choices for me.

Once again though, WWE do have a perfect chance for a Cena heel turn.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 25 Feb 2013, 5:50 pm

Hero wrote:Look at the candidates to replace him as uber-face for WWE:

I'm surprised you didn't mention any of The Shield members. I thnik Roman Reigns in particular probably ticks most of the boxes the WWE look for in a top face, he's got a unique look, and is a decent size. He looks accomplished in the ring, but probably needs some work on his promo delivery, but coud be a candidate within 18 - 24 months.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 25 Feb 2013, 5:53 pm

I tried to avoid them for once!
I can't see Reigns being the face number 1 guy, he doesn't look child friendly enough, I could though see Rollins being a poster boy but more the early teen market.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 25 Feb 2013, 9:02 pm

Could you see Batista being a poster boy though when he was in Evolution? Looking back i would say I couldnt but he took to the role like a duck to water, the problem with Reigns though is whats been said already, it'd take 18-24 months, thats too long to wait for another poster boy.

I actually think it could and would work turning Cena heel, i'm not sure if they do subtley hint at him turning heel or I just want it to happen so much that I see things that aren't there but I've got a feeling he'll be behind The Shield...

Anyway, if they did turn him heel I think they could quite easily turn Punk to go as the top face, for me that's the one, Punk has never really changed in his opinions, they're a bit more extreme now as a heel but he's always believed he's been better than 'Johnboy' and Cena got countless opportunities, he could say he got fed up with people being duped by him which led him to become frustrated but everyone knows the truth now....

Anyway, if Cena did turn heel I'd love him to cheat so much that he monopolised the WWE Title to the point every other Main Eventer decided to just compete for the WHC Title making that Title the #1 Title to go for while Cena would have Title matches against guys of his choice, guys like Santino

Do this for a year until it leads to the WHC Champion finally getting a Unification match with WWE Champ Cena

It would be a long long game to play though

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down