The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ulster's Muller Out For Rest of Season

+5
Standulstermen
Rory_Gallagher
marty2086
Notch
clivemcl
9 posters

Go down

Ulster's Muller Out For Rest of Season Empty Ulster's Muller Out For Rest of Season

Post by clivemcl Sun 07 Apr 2013, 4:44 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22059639?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Feeling a lot of despair right now.

Has Muller played his last in the white shirt of Ulster?

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Ulster's Muller Out For Rest of Season Empty Re: Ulster's Muller Out For Rest of Season

Post by Notch Sun 07 Apr 2013, 4:48 pm

Firstly; man up. We've got to shake this on top of the world/in the pit of despair mentality. We're one point off top of the Pro12 and we could and should win that competition with or without Johann.

Secondly; he's contracted for another season.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Ulster's Muller Out For Rest of Season Empty Re: Ulster's Muller Out For Rest of Season

Post by clivemcl Sun 07 Apr 2013, 5:00 pm

OK, sorry, I thought this was his last season for some reason. Perhaps 'despair' is a bit much. But well, this is the last bit of news we wanted after yesterday.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 07 Apr 2013, 5:06 pm

Indeed, its a blow to us, but I expect a big response on Friday. And I think we do need a few more games together to gel which we now have before the playoffs- and a great chance to get back on the horse against Dragons at Ravenhill.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sun 07 Apr 2013, 5:27 pm

Notch wrote:Indeed, its a blow to us, but I expect a big response on Friday. And I think we do need a few more games together to gel which we now have before the playoffs- and a great chance to get back on the horse against Dragons at Ravenhill.

Plenty of changes needed for the Dragons game,Stevenson for Muller, Heaney in for Pienaar, Bowe maybe to centre for Cave, Diack to 8 and with Afoa leaving again Lutton will play TH,

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 07 Apr 2013, 5:30 pm

Williams was one of the few players to punch holes in the opposition defence, though. Hendy, despite some fantastic runs, was pretty lazy at doing his primary duties as a blindside flanker. The back row was pretty rubbish at the breakdown.

I also think Marshall will need to perform better otherwise Stuart could replace him at 12. However I think overall Luke is the better player, with a higher ceiling.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 07 Apr 2013, 5:35 pm

Honestly, at Ravenhill going for a bonus point win we obviously pick Nick Williams. Seriously, horses for courses.

We've missed being able to bring Roger Wilson in for Big Nick. Another player who's season has never got started due to injuries. I hope we don't see Luke Marshall on a rugby pitch until September due to recurrent concussions, something which needs to be taken seriously. We have a duty of care towards him.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Mon 08 Apr 2013, 5:31 pm

Apparently mullers injury isn't as bad as first thought

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 08 Apr 2013, 5:35 pm

Yes, reading he could be back for the last home game of the season. Unfortunate also that he played the majority of that game injured- definitely explains how disappointing he was.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue 09 Apr 2013, 12:42 pm

Muller will only miss 2 matches.

Marshall on the other hand should be out for the season for his own sake.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 09 Apr 2013, 12:48 pm

geoff998rugby wrote:Muller will only miss 2 matches.

Marshall on the other hand should be out for the season for his own sake.

USA tour????

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue 09 Apr 2013, 12:50 pm

I hope not - you dont take chances with head injuries.

No contact training till August if I had my way

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 09 Apr 2013, 12:55 pm

That would be very disappointing for him although we don't want him to end up like Berrik Barnes or worse still Bernard Jackman.

He should start wearing a scrumcap I guess, I know it looks silly but any kind of protection available and all that

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Tue 09 Apr 2013, 12:59 pm

Marshall should have no contact for at least six months and possibly a year, or he could be in career-ending territory.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 09 Apr 2013, 1:11 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:Marshall should have no contact for at least six months and possibly a year, or he could be in career-ending territory.

Really? Is it that serious?
I know it is a big deal but I was unaware that his particular situation was at that level.

It was definitely a concussion on Sat then? (I was a bit drunk)

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue 09 Apr 2013, 1:15 pm

3 Concussions in 3 Games.

To quote Paddy Jackson after the 2nd one

'I look down at Luke and he looked asleep'

I would be very concerned about his welfare.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 09 Apr 2013, 8:53 pm

I thought three injuries in a career let alone in consecutive games brought you an invitation to sit on the wood (as it were) with the fat, wheezy kids and those with a note from matron excusing them from PE?
Seriously, though - is that not Arun if injuries that you should (be forced to) retire after?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Wed 10 Apr 2013, 9:08 am

I would say no.

What it does suggest is he was brought back far too soon.

If the same happenend again in the autumn then that would be a different matter

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down