The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wasps sign 2 Russians for the rest of the season!

4 posters

Go down

Wasps sign 2 Russians for the rest of the season! Empty Wasps sign 2 Russians for the rest of the season!

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Wed 25 Jan 2012, 5:20 pm

London Wasps have added Russian duo Vladislav Korshunov and Victor Gresev to their squad until the end of the season.

Gresev is a number 8 & the captain of Russia he looked very good in the WC. Korshunov is a hooker for the national side.
Much needed cover for injuries in the back row & cover for Webber during the 6Ns.

Look to be astute signings well done Wasps.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Wasps sign 2 Russians for the rest of the season! Empty Re: Wasps sign 2 Russians for the rest of the season!

Post by Shifty Wed 25 Jan 2012, 5:29 pm

Reading this I'm suprised, to see they signed forwards.

I've been trying to watch as many games of Russias as I can get hold of and their backs are brilliant but their forwards are lightweight.

The best young player I have seen of their is Denis Simplikevich who is a winger or Full back, I hope the 2 lads they have signed do well though. thumbsup
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Wasps sign 2 Russians for the rest of the season! Empty Re: Wasps sign 2 Russians for the rest of the season!

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Wed 25 Jan 2012, 5:53 pm

Thanks Al,
Gresev was highlighted as one of the best forwards in the WC so it will be good to see him close up

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Thu 26 Jan 2012, 12:41 pm

This is great for rugby.
I can see more Eastern Europeans being signed by English and French sides in the future especially with the Argentinian involvement in the 4 nations (i refuse to call it the rugby championship).

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 26 Jan 2012, 12:46 pm

Kingsley Jones was commentating for the Beeb over the weekend and mentioned he had been in contact with Dai Young and that they should be announcing something soon.

I am hoping he's also been in touch with Darren Edwards as maybe a gnarly dog of Russian prop or 2nd rower coming in would serve us well and what with KJ being a Gwent might he might look out ofr his own so to speak.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down