The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions team of underated or less likely to tour players

+2
Taffineastbourne
welshboii15
6 posters

Go down

Lions team of underated or less likely to tour players Empty Lions team of underated or less likely to tour players

Post by welshboii15 Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:35 pm

people keep going on about the expected players to go on the Lions tour, so i thought it be a laugh to see a team of players that are not expected to tour but could put up a good match with Australia.

LH- Paul James
H- Ken Owens
TH- Mike Ross
SR- Jim Hamilton
SR- Leo Cullen
BF- Lydiate
OF- Steffon Armitage
8- Beattie
SH- Conor Murray
FH- Toby Flood
LW- Maitland
IC- Twelvetrees
OC- Scott Williams
RW- Ashton
FB- Lee Byrn

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Lions team of underated or less likely to tour players Empty Re: Lions team of underated or less likely to tour players

Post by Taffineastbourne Mon 25 Mar 2013, 8:13 pm

Would replace Cullen with Charteris and Flood with Henson

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Lions team of underated or less likely to tour players Empty Re: Lions team of underated or less likely to tour players

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 25 Mar 2013, 8:39 pm

Ken Owens will probably tour or at the very least be on standby

I would say Hook is unlikely to tour and deffo could be the 10 in that side

Henson!!!........ ahem behave
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Mon 25 Mar 2013, 8:49 pm

Owens is one of the ones that people don't really speak about if it was me picking the lions he'd be first choice but going on all the other posts people don't give him a second thought so that's why he's my hooker in this side

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 25 Mar 2013, 9:26 pm

1. Ryan Bevington
2. Ken Owens
3. Geoff Cross/Euan Murray
4. Joe Lauchberry
5. Luke Charteris
6. Dan Lydiate
7. Ross Rennie
8. Nick Easter
9. Connor Murray/Greg Laidlaw
10. Toby Flood
11. Craig Gilroy
12. Ashley Beck
13. Scott Williams
14. Tommy Bowe
15. Ben Foden

16. Ross Ford
17. Tom Court
18. Mike Ross
19. Courtney Lawes
20. Tom Croft
21. Mike Blair
22. James Hook
23. Billy Twelvetrees
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulster12 Mon 25 Mar 2013, 9:46 pm

Pretty handy looking team Wales606!!

That backline has some serious pace and power and I think Easter has a genuine chance of going as a midweek player with the chance to play himself in!!

Same for Foden Gilroy and Lydiate.

And Scott Williams is one of the most underrated players in the NH, huge defence and a threat going forward. Wouldnt let any lions team down.

Know it's a long shot but would love to see Trimble given a chance on tour but he's prob too far down the pecking order, but Gatland does like his power wingers who are strong defensively so you never know!!

Ulster12

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:04 pm

I totally forgot foden and gilroy two out standing players really hope foden finds form because that man does things that any full back would only dream of doing

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:50 pm

welshboii15 wrote:Owens is one of the ones that people don't really speak about if it was me picking the lions he'd be first choice but going on all the other posts people don't give him a second thought so that's why he's my hooker in this side

Keith Wood ex-Irish captain and Lions hooker seems to think he will be first choice Lions hooker, and most of the BBC pundits think that he will tour
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by welshboii15 Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:54 pm

Keith wood is the only one that's directly spoke about him, the BBC pundits speak more about Hibbard, youngs Hartley and best more that's why I think he's sneaking under the radar

welshboii15

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 26 Mar 2013, 7:57 am

Bevington
Youngs or Ford
Archer or Andrews
DOC
Hines
POM or Harley
Renie or Barclay
Delve
Care
P Jackson
Gilroy
Marshall
Williams
Wade
Liam Williams

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down