The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions team based solely on players who didn't play in the Six nations

+19
ChequeredJersey
funnyExiledScot
GunsGerms
thomh
thebluesmancometh
George Carlin
Cyril
bluestonevedder
bedfordwelsh
king_carlos
Taffineastbourne
Glas a du
Ulster12
theslosty
majesticimperialman
sickofwendy
rodders
DrTreasure
23 posters

Go down

Lions team based solely on players who didn't play in the Six nations Empty Lions team based solely on players who didn't play in the Six nations

Post by 123456789 Mon 08 Apr 2013, 6:02 pm

Pick a Lions team based on players who didn't take part in the six nations for any reason including if they were injured or just not selected.

Back to top Go down

Lions team based solely on players who didn't play in the Six nations Empty Re: Lions team based solely on players who didn't play in the Six nations

Post by DrTreasure Mon 08 Apr 2013, 6:45 pm

Intersting, I'll have a go at this;

1) Alex Corbisiero
2) Pat Macarthur
3) Mike Cusack
4) Paul O'Connell
5) Nathan Hines
6) Stephen Ferris
7) John Barclay
8) Nick Easter
9) Chris Cusiter
10) Jonny Wilkinson
11) Christian Wade
12) Alex Dunbar
13) Joel Tompkins
14) Tommy Bowe
15) Sam Tompkins

Will have missed people, done off the top of my head and apologise if Scots bias to it. I would have liked to have had Madigan at 10 but he came on for a bit at 12 i think so couldnt but he looks like a very talented player.
(Changes made after realised who I forgot about!)

Last edited by DrTreasure on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

DrTreasure

Back to top Go down

Lions team based solely on players who didn't play in the Six nations Empty Re: Lions team based solely on players who didn't play in the Six nations

Post by Guest Mon 08 Apr 2013, 6:50 pm

Sam Tomkins?

You've managed to fill more gaps than I could've

I had started with (obvious bias too, but understandable given it's easier to know who your own side missed)

4 Davies
5 Charteris
6 Lydiate
7 Armitage/Rennie (wasn't 100% if he missed all games though)
8 Delve
10 Wilko
11 Wade
14 Tommy Bowe
15 Lee Byrne

I struggled with the gaps and basically gave up

Back to top Go down

Post by DrTreasure Mon 08 Apr 2013, 6:56 pm

Oh whoops I forgot Rennie! Charteris and Bradley Davies too!

Sam Tompkins, why not? His attack running and pace are incredible and reckon he would have been a great John Bentley like bolter if his contract allowed it.

DrTreasure

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 08 Apr 2013, 6:57 pm

Paul O'Connell .... cough cough ...
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Mon 08 Apr 2013, 6:59 pm

15 B Foden
14 T Bowe
13 JJ
12 G Henson
11 A Trimble
10 J Wilkinson
9 C Cusitor
1A Corbisiero
2 R Strauss
3 H Thomas
4 P O'connell
5 N Hines
6D Lydiate
8 S Ferris
7R Rennie

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by DrTreasure Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:08 pm

rodders wrote:Paul O'Connell .... cough cough ...

Oh yeah, for some reason I thought he had played. Whoops No 2.

DrTreasure

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:14 pm

Stephen Artmatage? really?

Before yesterdays game i would of said he should be a cert for a Lions place.

But after yesterdays game the amount of Penalties he gave away...I am not so sure he deserves a spot now.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:18 pm

Just notice that Paul O'connel has been mentioned. Did he really do enough in the one big game to warrant a place int the Lions squad? I know he got Man of the Match.....Just not sure it was enough to get him on the plane.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by theslosty Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:18 pm

15. Lee Byrne
14. Tommy Bowe
13. Joe Ansbro
12. Alex Dunbar
11. Christian Wade
10. Freddie Burns
9. Paul Marshall
8. Nick Easter
7. Ross Rennie
6. Stephen Ferris
5. POC
4. Charteris
3. ?
2. Richardt Strauss
1. Alex Corbisiero
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Post by theslosty Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:18 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Just notice that Paul O'connel has been mentioned. Did he really do enough in the one big game to warrant a place int the Lions squad? I know he got Man of the Match.....Just not sure it was enough to get him on the plane.

That's his second MOTM award in his first three games back.
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:30 pm

I'd go for:

1. Sheridan
2. MacArthur
3. Welsh
4. O'Connell
5. Hines
6. Ferris
7. Rennie
8. Easter
9. Cusiter
10. Wilkinson
11. Wade
12. Dunbar
13. Ansbro
14. Bowe
15. Foden

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:34 pm

theslosty wrote:
majesticimperialman wrote:Just notice that Paul O'connel has been mentioned. Did he really do enough in the one big game to warrant a place int the Lions squad? I know he got Man of the Match.....Just not sure it was enough to get him on the plane.

Really? I am a bit behind how many games POC as played to be honest.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulster12 Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:34 pm

1. Corbisiero
2. Strauss
3. PDJ
4. Charteris
5. POC
6. Ferris
7. Will Fraser
8. Easter
9. Marshall
10. Wilko
11. Varndell
12. Beck
13. Cave
14. Wade
15. Foden

Solid looking team I think. And that's not to mention Tommy Bowe, Andrew Trimble, Eliot Daly, Steffan Armitage, Nathan Hines, Dan Lydiate, Bradley Davies. Some serious quality missing from the tournament!!

Ulster12

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 08 Apr 2013, 8:35 pm

Eli Walker, Liam Williams.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Mon 08 Apr 2013, 8:58 pm

Byrne ,Priestland and Huw Bennett

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Apr 2013, 9:06 pm

DrTreasure wrote:Oh whoops I forgot Rennie! Charteris and Bradley Davies too!

Sam Tompkins, why not? His attack running and pace are incredible and reckon he would have been a great John Bentley like bolter if his contract allowed it.

He'll still be playing for Wigan won't he? Wouldn't it clash with Super League?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Apr 2013, 9:09 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:
theslosty wrote:

Really? I am a bit behind how many games POC as played to be honest.

Read the title of the initial post Madge.

Back to top Go down

Post by DrTreasure Mon 08 Apr 2013, 9:24 pm

Risca Rev wrote:

Yes his contract will make it a null point but I thought I was allowed a little poetic licence with the thread. He's a fantastic talent who could be great in union, would of been an amazing bolter.

DrTreasure

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 09 Apr 2013, 1:37 am

1.Sheridan
2.Strauss - Lindsay is impressing by the game though
3. .... some of those who played I wouldn't put in a hypothetical Lions line-up!
4.Hines
5.POC
6.Lydiate - Ferris can't make the tour
7.Rennie
8.Easter

9.Cuisiter
10.Wilkinson/Burns

11.May, Johnny - how he isn't playing for England I don't know...
12.Allen - A better player than many give him credit for
13.Ansbro
14.Bowe/JSD
15.Byrne

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Apr 2013, 4:47 am

DrTreasure wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:

Yes his contract will make it a null point but I thought I was allowed a little poetic licence with the thread. He's a fantastic talent who could be great in union, would of been an amazing bolter.

I'd include Josh Charnley on the wing in that case, though both are prolific try scorers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:12 am

1 Sheridan
2 Strauss
3 Gill
4 POC
5 Charteris
6 Lydiate
7 Rennie
8 Delve
9 Cussiter
10 Burns
11 Wade
12 Henson
13 Ansbro
14 Bowe
15 Byrne

bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:30 am

Gill at tighthead is a great shout BefordWelsh. I rate him very highly. Reckon he'll tour Japan this summer?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:34 am

Risca Rev wrote:
DrTreasure wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:

I'd include Josh Charnley on the wing in that case, though both are prolific try scorers.
If we're including League players get Ryan Hall in. Fantastic finisher. If you need someone to score a diving try into the corner without being pushed into touch he's your man.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:37 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:1 Sheridan
2 Strauss
3 Gill
4 POC
5 Charteris
6 Lydiate
7 Rennie
8 Delve
9 Cussiter
10 Burns
11 Wade
12 Henson
13 Ansbro
14 Bowe
15 Byrne

That's actually a hell of a team
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:50 am

I'd rather do it without injuries, as they would've played in the 6N otherwise...

Sheridan
Strauss
Mitchell
Hines
Kennedy
Delve
Armitage
Easter
Peel
Wilko
Wade
JTH
Ansboro/Trimble
Armitage
Byrne

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Tue 09 Apr 2013, 11:28 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:I'd rather do it without injuries, as they would've played in the 6N otherwise...
JTH

Can't get into the Quins team right now unfortunately. Seems to have lost his edge for the moment.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Apr 2013, 11:41 am

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:
DrTreasure wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:

If we're including League players get Ryan Hall in. Fantastic finisher. If you need someone to score a diving try into the corner without being pushed into touch he's your man.

Yep, he'd fit into Gatland's big winger philosophy too. Plus his try scoring video is class (apparently making the ball levitate).

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 09 Apr 2013, 11:56 am

1. Sheridan
2. Strauss
4. POC
5. Hines
6. Ferris
7. Armitage
8. Delve
9. Boss
10. Madigan (hardly featured Burns sub)
11. Bowe
12. Downey/Allen
13. Cave
14. Wade
15. Foden (did he play?)

Subs: Tait, Downey, Marshall etc.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 09 Apr 2013, 1:27 pm

theslosty wrote:

Although quite how he got MOTM at the weekend ahead of POM is beyond me. He was very good, but POM was outstanding.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 09 Apr 2013, 7:56 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:Gill at tighthead is a great shout BefordWelsh. I rate him very highly. Reckon he'll tour Japan this summer?

blue

He should do and will be very surprised if he didn't, for me it was only his lack of gametime after injury that went against him for the 6 Nations squad.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 09 Apr 2013, 8:05 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
theslosty wrote:

Although quite how he got MOTM at the weekend ahead of POM is beyond me. He was very good, but POM was outstanding.

He was helped by the fact that he runs the lineout and ours was absolutely abysmal
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:06 pm

Thre must be a better scrummy than Cusiter. Possibly Bergamasco???! More realistically, Mike Blair
Big fan of Ryan Lamb but Burns and Madigan are probably ahead of him at 10.
Strange how no one as brought the name Nick De Luca to the discussion

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:35 pm

Yeah, very Very Happy
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:48 pm

1. Corbisiero
2. Strauss
3. ??? (Mitchell only played about 10 minutes)
4. POC
5. Charteris
6. Lydiate
7. Rennie
8. Ferris (out of position I know)
9. Blair
10. Wilkinson
11. Wade
12. Beck
13. Bowe
14. L Williams
15. Byrne

16. Gill
17. Bennett
18. ???
19. B.Davies
20. Easter
21. Cussiter
22. Preistland
23. Foden
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:50 pm

InjuredYetAgain wrote:Thre must be a better scrummy than Cusiter. Possibly Bergamasco???! More realistically, Mike Blair
Big fan of Ryan Lamb but Burns and Madigan are probably ahead of him at 10.
Strange how no one as brought the name Nick De Luca to the discussion

Madigan played in the 6N

As for Scrummy, Peel if he has less awful pack than Sale have given him?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:52 pm

Madigan Doh
Do I know this game inside out or what!?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:53 pm

Admittedly he only played a teeny bit
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 09 Apr 2013, 10:17 pm

John Barclay at 7 thank you
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 10 Apr 2013, 6:23 am

01 Sheridan
02 Strauss
03 Cusack
04 O'Connell
05 Hines
06 Lydiate
07 Armitage
08 Delve

09 Cusiter
10 Wilkinson
11 Wade
12 Ansbro
13 Cave
14 Bowe
15 Byrne

In a rose coloured world where everyone is fit, that lot would have a reasonable shot at beating the Lions dirttrackers. boxing
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 10 Apr 2013, 6:27 am

Apart from the fact that Lydiate will be in the test team.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 10 Apr 2013, 6:49 am

Glas a du wrote:Apart from the fact that Lydiate will be in the test team.
So, not in the dirttrackers Glas. Run
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:24 am

Very Happy

So, a mixture of firsts and thirds then...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 10 Apr 2013, 9:11 am

1.Corbisiero
2.Strauss
3.Stevens
4. Borthwick
5.O Connell
6.Lydiate
7.Fraser
8.Easter

9.Wigglesworth
10.Wilkinson
11.Wade
12.Allen
13.Tomkins
14.Bowe
15.Byrne

A bit of bias but I can justify them all.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 10 Apr 2013, 1:30 pm

beshocked wrote:1.Corbisiero
2.Strauss
3.Stevens
4. Borthwick
5.O Connell
6.Lydiate
7.Fraser
8.Easter

9.Wigglesworth
10.Wilkinson
11.Wade
12.Allen
13.Tomkins
14.Bowe
15.Byrne

A bit of bias but I can justify them all.

Just a wee bit!

Go on then, let's hear why Borthwick is better than Nathan Hines or Luke Charteris? With POC also in the team it's obviously not the lineout you're needing him for, must be that dynamism he brings....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down