The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man united Alternative Team

5 posters

Go down

Man united Alternative Team Empty Man united Alternative Team

Post by hockeyking0011 Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:01 am

Okay this is just a thought Ive had watching the past few games, and it may not work, but go easy on me.

As most people can clearly see, Rooney is not on the ball like he would like to be, but he does seem to be dropping a lot deeper than he used to, and prefers to be the link rather than the final target.

Leading to the next point, Hernandez, he has been class as a super sub, btu with Rooney seemingly irremovable up top, he will remain as such.

So, why not solve two problems, move Rooney into centre mid, and have Chicho as a starter up top, would solve two probles (poor midfield, and only really Berba and Nani chipping in on goals.

Imagine this team, (being players to come in post retirement or just to rotate) :
----------------------------VDS (Lindegaard)---------------------------

------Rafael (Brown)--Vidic(Oshea)--Ferdinand(Smalling)----Evra(Fabio)

------Nani (Obertan)--Rooney/Fletcher--Anderson(Scholes)--Park(Giggs/Valencia)

--------------------Hernandez(Macheda)--Berba(Wellbeck)-------------

That to me is a strong team. I had trouble deciding who to slide in and out in midfield, but it is a rough idea.
It is also a team that has a good core of young players, or younger players ready to come through.
This was also done (mostly) without taking into account some players out on loan , Diouf for example, Or who we could bring in.

So what do you think, Rooney to Mid or just leave him doing not much??

hockeyking0011

Back to top Go down

Man united Alternative Team Empty Re: Man united Alternative Team

Post by ADMIN Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:09 am

My trouble with Rooney in midfield is his temperament, he still shows a huge amount of immaturity when things aren’t going his way and is one to lash out. Given the role of chief ball winner in midfield I think would result in spending half the season suspended.

Apart from that looks all good to me.

Who would you like to see come in over the summer (realistically).

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeyking0011 Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:18 am

Tbf I see what you mean, and I understand the dangers of it, but in his current situation I could see it being the best for him.

Plus look at some of our best midfield marshals, Scholes, Keane etc, You cant desbribe either of them as Light tackling, Level headed ones, and if he was suspended, Fletch would more than ably slot in there. . .

I just see that as a team that would be so hard to break down.

Before I do players in I will do SOME of the players I want to leave

Carrick-I know it will seem bandwagon-esque, but he looks so weak
Gibson-He scares me when he comes on.
Owen and maybe some fringe dead weight
I dont personally want him to go but Evra may jump ship
Plus Neville has to retire, and I could see Giggs and Scholes getting another season max, same with VDS

So I would try to get

Neuer- Seems to be the best on offer (De Gea doesnt want to, Hart wouldnt come to us), and would push Lindegaard for place
Maybe another full back to push Fabio
OR
Spend a big wad on Bale, to push for positions at full back or maybe in place of Park in the above team

Other than that I cant really see too many problems, maybe another centre mid, but with Rooney dropped back it wouldnt be as urgent.

How about you??

hockeyking0011

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:00 am

Goalkeeper wise is a must.

Akinfeev or Neuer would be my personal choices.

Not so much of a hater for Carrick, sure there’s better out there but he does a job. If they can sell him for a fairly decent amount and get a replacement though I wouldn’t turn it down.

Henderson from Sunderland looks a great prospect, same with Rodwell at Everton. Both are heavily linked and Fergie is very keen to increase the young homegrown talent with the new UEFA rulings.

The Chilean winger Sanchez was linked with us last summer and looked quality at the World Cup, if Valencia has lost a yard of pace on his return then Sanchez would be a good option.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeyking0011 Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:22 am

Id agree on Akinfeev as well.

Either player would fit in okay, but have you noticed how despite a lot of people say we need so many different players, its difficult name who we actually need, I reckon looking at the possible team set up above, the only thing we need is a new Keeper.

Long shot I know, but do you think Tottenham would go for part ex with Carrick going back that way, plus cash for Bale??

hockeyking0011

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:30 am

No simply.

Only way I can see Bale leave Spurs is if the don't make the top four this year and then the likes of city offer ridiculous money for him.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeyking0011 Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:36 am

Wishful thinking on my part I guess.

hockeyking0011

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:22 am

Spurs are obviously a club on the up, as well as Bale there's quite a number of proper quality players there nowadays unlike other years where if the big clubs came knocking then the player would likely leave to better themselves.
Now I could only see a player leaving Spurs (UK wise) to go to Utd due to it's name or City for the huge wages and agent cut (who'd obviously be whispering in the players ear to move knowing they'd get a huge payday).

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Treble Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:14 am

Rooney was poor last night but since his return from injury I think he's been more influential than a lot of his performances last season. That might come across as strange because he was scoring goals, but he was doing very little for the rest of the team, in terms of his build up play and being able to bring other players into our attack. For me, it's good to see him doing that again and as long as that results in the likes of Berba scoring a hatfull against Birmingham than I would prefer that to a Darren Bent type Rooney we saw last season.

Rooney was poor last night, but playing out left didn't help and he needs to be played in his proper position.

Regarding the formation in OP...

----------------------------VDS (Lindegaard)---------------------------

------Rafael (Brown)--Vidic(Oshea)--Ferdinand(Smalling)----Evra(Fabio)

------Nani (Obertan)--Rooney/Fletcher--Anderson(Scholes)--Park(Giggs/Valencia)

--------------------Hernandez(Macheda)--Berba(Wellbeck)-------------

It's workable if Rooney was beside Anderson, but next to Scholes I'd be worried who was going to tackle and win back possession or protect the back 4. Also, without sounding difficult, Valencia surely should be on the rw with Nani on the lw?

BTW, Berba + Chico have shown time and again from pre-season onwards that they make a great partnership Smile

Treble

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamson Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:41 pm

If Rooney was moved into midfield and given a role where tackling and defending were more prominent he would average a red card every second game.

Also.. Anderson is not a replacement for scholes... he cant pass the ball to save his life and will guarantee you no more than 2 goals every 7 seasons.

Jamson

Back to top Go down

Post by FootyKnowItAll Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:27 am

Anderson is an excellent playmaker in my opinion. Depending on the size of the transfer budget, I'd be looking to bring in De Rossi, Bale, Albrighton and Akinfeev. Three youngsters and a fantastic ball winner to fill that gap in midfield.

FootyKnowItAll

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamson Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:53 pm

FootyKnowItAll wrote:Anderson is an excellent playmaker in my opinion. Depending on the size of the transfer budget, I'd be looking to bring in De Rossi, Bale, Albrighton and Akinfeev. Three youngsters and a fantastic ball winner to fill that gap in midfield.

Anderson is an excellent playmaker? what do you base this on... cos it certainly cannot be his performances on the pitch? Did he tell you in person? or have you been drinking petrol ?

Jamson

Back to top Go down

Post by FootyKnowItAll Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:01 am

Jamson wrote:
FootyKnowItAll wrote:Anderson is an excellent playmaker in my opinion. Depending on the size of the transfer budget, I'd be looking to bring in De Rossi, Bale, Albrighton and Akinfeev. Three youngsters and a fantastic ball winner to fill that gap in midfield.

Anderson is an excellent playmaker? what do you base this on... cos it certainly cannot be his performances on the pitch? Did he tell you in person? or have you been drinking petrol ?

Wait and see.

FootyKnowItAll

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamson Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:45 am

I will. I'll wait with upmost confidence.

I doubt anderson will even be at United in a couple of years... the french or portugese leagues will come a calling.

Jamson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down