The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lennox Lewis - Boxing's biggest WUM ??

+3
AlexHuckerby
Adam D
TRUSSMAN66
7 posters

Go down

Lennox Lewis - Boxing's biggest WUM ?? Empty Lennox Lewis - Boxing's biggest WUM ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 2:51 pm

Lewis was always subtle which I think you need to be a great wum......Well mannered...laid back ...likeable...a great fighter but for some reason always getting under his opponents skin!!

1. Holy - Bowe fight - Poor old bowe gets his greatest moment almost ruined by Lennox congratulatory I'm going to knock you out and you know it speech!! Poor old Riddick you could tell he was upset by Lennox lack of respect!! Wound him up for sure..

2. Lewis - Rahman 2 - The well mannered and usually gentlemanly Lewis ends up on the floor with Rahman..basically wrecking the studio and messing up a sports broadcast.....

3. Lewis - Tyson - Lewis only seemed to turn up with his entourage to have Boxing's biggest fighter nibbling at his ankles......

WUM's should be subtle and for me Lennox Lewis was Boxing's biggest wum....All that was missing was the wink.. Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Lennox Lewis - Boxing's biggest WUM ?? Empty Re: Lennox Lewis - Boxing's biggest WUM ??

Post by Adam D Tue 19 Feb 2013, 4:55 pm

I have banned Lewis from this site for wumming OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Lennox Lewis - Boxing's biggest WUM ?? Empty Re: Lennox Lewis - Boxing's biggest WUM ??

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 19 Feb 2013, 4:57 pm

Wummed Vitali up the wall.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 5:04 pm

Adam D wrote:I have banned Lewis from this site for wumming OK

Laugh

In all seriousness, there's no doubt that Lennox had the knack of getting under his opponent's skin and inside their head. He was intimidating in that respect, but much of that was due to the fact that it was practically impossible to intimidate HIM. He even sounded calm and gentlemanly when issuing threats, ala the Bowe run in.

This isn't something I'd hope turns in to a 'Did Bowe duck Lewis?' argument, but there's little doubt to me that Riddick was, at least, wary of and unnerved by Lewis, as was Tyson who, when the name of Lennox was mentioned, continually went in to a meltdown which was spectacular even by his standards!

He couldn't spook Evander, of course, but not even Truss himself could manage that.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 19 Feb 2013, 5:08 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
Adam D wrote:I have banned Lewis from this site for wumming OK

Laugh

In all seriousness, there's no doubt that Lennox had the knack of getting under his opponent's skin and inside their head. He was intimidating in that respect, but much of that was due to the fact that it was practically impossible to intimidate HIM. He even sounded calm and gentlemanly when issuing threats, ala the Bowe run in.

This isn't something I'd hope turns in to a 'Did Bowe duck Lewis?' argument, but there's little doubt to me that Riddick was, at least, wary of and unnerved by Lewis, as was Tyson who, when the name of Lennox was mentioned, continually went in to a meltdown which was spectacular even by his standards!

He couldn't spook Evander, of course, but not even Truss himself could manage that.

only way to spook evander is to offer him contraception

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 19 Feb 2013, 5:09 pm

Truss may not, but One Two..

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 7:59 pm

Shame you can't get more boxers on this site...I'm surprised more of them don't come on to sell themselves...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 19 Feb 2013, 8:03 pm

Lewis did exactly the same to Ruddock - he had Razor flustered before the fight yet Lewis exuded matter-of-fact calmness. We all know what happened there.

The only two times I have seen Lewis properly wound up was after the Vitali fight ("I'll bust up the other side of his face!") and when he was preparing for Rahman 2. He knew he'd made a mistake in the first Rahman fight & wanted desperately to make amends.

Last edited by Mr Bounce on Tue 19 Feb 2013, 8:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : One word too many...)

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 8:05 pm

Very true.....Lewis was subtle and you have to admire that....

All that chess he used to play!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Wed 20 Feb 2013, 6:12 pm

Lennox came out with a good one before the 1996 Holy-Mad Mike showdown.

'I'll just let Tyson and Holyfield beat each other up and I'll take the leftovers.'

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down