The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not another Donaire vs Rigondeaux thread!

+6
SharkSoul
spencerclarke
jimmy glitter pants
TheMackemMawler
mobilemaster8
BoxingFan88
10 posters

Go down

Not another Donaire vs Rigondeaux thread! Empty Not another Donaire vs Rigondeaux thread!

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 09 Feb 2013, 10:15 am

So it looks like this will be the last one as it seems the fight is set to go ahead.

If Donaire wins like I expect him to, what would it mean for his legacy? I really think Rigo is in trouble with this one, when Donaire is motivated for a fight he usually does a destruction job.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Not another Donaire vs Rigondeaux thread! Empty Re: Not another Donaire vs Rigondeaux thread!

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 09 Feb 2013, 11:10 am

I'm going for a Rigo decision. Don't know why.

I just feel he is a "superior boxer" in comparison.

Whilst domaine is a brilliant power puncher and in/out fighter, I believe he can be countered and outfoxed by quality.

Should be great either way as Rigo has been wobbled previously so he needs to stay out of the way, which I think he will.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Not another Donaire vs Rigondeaux thread! Empty Re: Not another Donaire vs Rigondeaux thread!

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 09 Feb 2013, 11:11 am

heart
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy glitter pants Sat 09 Feb 2013, 11:31 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:I'm going for a Rigo decision. Don't know why.

I just feel he is a "superior boxer" in comparison.

Whilst domaine is a brilliant power puncher and in/out fighter, I believe he can be countered and outfoxed by quality.

Should be great either way as Rigo has been wobbled previously so he needs to stay out of the way, which I think he will.

Domaine is a quality boxer

jimmy glitter pants

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sat 09 Feb 2013, 11:42 am

Hopefully this fight will get a bit of decent press as it shocking that a fighter as brilliant as donaire is not really known outside of boxing circles.

It would be a great name on his cv too. Rigo is a great boxer too. Brilliant technique.

Can only lift donaire into the upper echelons. The next couple of years are going to be key as to where he will be finally placed

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 09 Feb 2013, 6:29 pm

Rigo is 32. He should have turned Pro in 2004 rather than 2009.

If he had, then this would be a much fairer fight.

Rigo doesn't need this fight. Fair play to him for pushing for it.

I hope he beats Donaire so people stop licking his knackers in the same way I lick Rigo's.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Sat 09 Feb 2013, 6:41 pm

I can't wait for this fight. I have the upmost respect for both fighters and hope this lives upto thepotential it has. It could be FOTY.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 09 Feb 2013, 6:42 pm

One thing I can guarantee is that this wont be FOTY, if it goes the distance it will have been one for the purists.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 09 Feb 2013, 6:55 pm

Bonjour

Would be a great fight if it happens

Au revoir

Steffan

Wales

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sat 09 Feb 2013, 7:17 pm

Well that was fleeting Steffan!

I'm against Mackem it seems, Donaire is a class above - watching him tear apart Nishioka (who is very hard to deal with and look good) its made me realise that this guy is, and will be for some time - the top boxer in his division, whatever it is. He's different from Pacquiao as he has a brilliant brain, doesn't go storming in and to be honest a lot has to be said for the lads power considering his size. He's not a KO artist, but he is concussive and he is so lighting fast its difficult to see how Rigo will cope.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 09 Feb 2013, 7:22 pm

I find it hard admitting that Donaire is so good. I want him to fail. If Rigo wasn't around then he'd be one of my favourite boxers.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 09 Feb 2013, 7:38 pm

rigo is good, but i think this will just be a easy nights work for donaire and he levels him in 3-4 rounds, rigo has been wobbled by a few lesser fighters and when the left hook lands that will be all she wrote.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 09 Feb 2013, 7:41 pm

Unfortunately I see it the same way Eddy, i'd like it to be a close battle so Donaire gets all the credit he deserves but he's a step above everyone else out there at the moment. Even at featherweight I can't see anyone beating him.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 09 Feb 2013, 7:47 pm

me neither, i'd have liked to see the mares fight materialize but even then i only see a win for donaire.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 8:11 pm

Just watching Rigo vs Cordoba at the moment. No longer the hardcore boxing fan I was I wasn't aware of Rigo until recently so I'm going to watch his fights from the above mentioned to his last to give me an idea of how good he is & what sort of challenge he poses Donaire. The big money with you guys is on Donaire although a couple of you fancy Rigo, time will tell for me. I think i'm going to be looking forward to this one!

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 09 Feb 2013, 9:24 pm

Maywether has said that Donaire will win by KO.

I guess I'm bias.

Compared to Mayweather you could write what i know about boxing on Chyna's Clitoris with a dry wipe marker.

TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 09 Feb 2013, 9:25 pm

P.S Chyna is a girl from WWF before it became WWE
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 09 Feb 2013, 9:27 pm

Loose use of the term girl there Mackem, more masculine than 99% of the male species.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 09 Feb 2013, 9:28 pm

Gawd Damn PED's and their freakin side effects
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down