The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heard a story yesterday. Can anyone confirm?

+6
Pal Joey
msp83
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Shelsey93
gboycottnut
kingraf
10 posters

Go down

Heard a story yesterday. Can anyone confirm? Empty Heard a story yesterday. Can anyone confirm?

Post by kingraf Wed 06 Feb 2013, 1:00 pm

So I have a Yahoo account and a day ago I came across a question/story about the BCCI. I am not sure as to how true this is, hopefully guys like msp can comfirm. The story goes that BCCI has effectively banned foreigners from FC cricket in the wake of the Indian series defeat vs England. Something about Joe Root scoring a debut 50. Can any one confirm/dispel the rumour?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Heard a story yesterday. Can anyone confirm? Empty Re: Heard a story yesterday. Can anyone confirm?

Post by gboycottnut Wed 06 Feb 2013, 1:55 pm

Does that mean the upcoming Australian tour of India will be cancelled then as the Aussies will be foreigners themselves playing first class matches V Indian teams.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Heard a story yesterday. Can anyone confirm? Empty Re: Heard a story yesterday. Can anyone confirm?

Post by Shelsey93 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 3:32 pm

Its quite complicated, and perhaps a bit mis-reported.

The headline is that the BCCI haven't granted permission to a number of counties to hold pre-season training camps in India. Apart from Durham, those teams will now go to Sri Lanka.

This can be traced back to a dispute between the ECB and the BCCI over the England Performance Squad tour of India which ran parallel to the Tests. The BCCI claim that the ECB didn't obtain the correct permissions for the matches, and in particular felt that England shouldn't have allowed players from the full Test squad to play, as happened in the opening match (Root, who made 166, Morgan, Finn and Onions all played). The ECB's response is that the matches had no official status and were privately arranged (with the Dr. DY Patil Cricket Academy), had no official status and thus that the BCCI had no right to interfere.

This would seem a curious stance from the BCCI, given that they have no problems with foreign players playing in the IPL. However, I think the English media need to be a bit careful: they themselves tend to show mild annoyance when young Australian teams come to England to hone their games.

My personal view is that I have no problem with players playing around the world to get used to conditions. It can only be beneficial to the world game if players are afforded every possible opportunity to get better.

Last edited by Shelsey93 on Wed 06 Feb 2013, 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 06 Feb 2013, 4:19 pm

TBH its a bit pathetic that a board would try and stop a visiting team from getting the warm up matches they want and need.
I dont doubt that other boards do similar things but it was a bit rum of the Indians to try and ensure England didnt get to face any proper spin in their warm ups.

Has it really come down to stopping the opposition getting the chance to practise?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 08 Feb 2013, 10:23 am

The English always do that, and the Indians also did it this time. A pretty poor strategy indeed.
Think the issue is about the ECB not getting the right permissions during the EP squad tour last year, and there is not much more to read into it.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 08 Feb 2013, 10:59 am

"The right permissions"... how pathetic!

I wonder how our advance touring party is getting on? I hope they are filling in the necessary paperwork!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 08 Feb 2013, 11:04 am

It indeed is very disappointing that the BCCI learns all the bad things from the bullies of the old world. But there are greater professionalizing of the game that happened there, and there is a greater focus on improving the quality of the game itself and processes are in place, but the new world bully isn't interested in those.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 08 Feb 2013, 11:52 am

You are still miles behind the most successful teams in the professionalisation of the game, imo.

Probably because the BCCI doesn't really quite understand the meaning of a true sporting culture. I see no evidence of that whatsoever.

It's not something you can buy off the shelf and stick some cheap looking bells and whistles on. It's much more than that. As long as that is prevalent in your approach - it won't do much to contribute to the improvement of the overall quality of the game.

Let's face it - Australia (the young upstart) and England (the old world bully as you say) have done so much more for the game in terms of focusing on the quality of the game itself, establishing better processes and real innovations (not that rubbish created by the new world bully)... and despite all the problems and controversies... will continue to drag the rest (kicking & screaming no doubt!) along with them.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 08 Feb 2013, 1:00 pm

I wrote a piece about this recently, LB.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/andrew-bloxham/petty-bcci-missing-a-tric_b_2637394.html

Let me know your thoughts. The pathetic pettiness of the BCCI can be astounding at times.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 08 Feb 2013, 1:51 pm

That's a very well written article Fists. My sentiments exactly.

For a Board which considers itself the be the 'be all and end all' of the cricketing world - they are actually their own worst enemy and are too greedy and stubborn to realise it.

Good point about the prohibition imposed on young Indian players participating in the County scene. That simply beggars belief! That has to be the greatest example of the petty and childlike attitude of the BCCI; which fortunately for England (and unfortunately for India) will only hinder themselves when they go on future tours.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 08 Feb 2013, 2:37 pm

Fists that is an interesting article indeed. I don't think Indian cricket gains anything by not letting their cricketers from playing in county cricket. I also don't think not letting young players from other countries to undertake tours of India would also benefit anyone. Of course I have said many times that the BCCI stands on the DRS isn't doing the team any good.
But said that, I have to say the practice of denial of meaningful tour games to touring sides is certainly not an Indian innovation. England have been doing it for years, and I have to say I haven't seen so much of anger and condemnation then.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 08 Feb 2013, 3:05 pm

Far more worrying is the recent decision by BCCI to deny england meaningful opposition in test matches

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Sat 09 Feb 2013, 6:55 am

It is really bad on the part of B.C.C.I . With Such decisions cricket will lose its transparency. Another step towards the already ongoing orchestration of prostitution of global cricket carried out by the BCCI. Disgraceful state of affairs. picard
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 09 Feb 2013, 4:30 pm

A valuable read. The ECB is no holy cow either!. http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/604267.html

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 09 Feb 2013, 4:32 pm

They not only poach Ireland players, but also prevent the associate board ataining some decent financial background. All for the growth of the game!!!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 09 Feb 2013, 7:16 pm

We don't poach Ireland players, msp. The Ireland players, with aspirations of Test cricket decide to make themselves available for England.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 09 Feb 2013, 10:37 pm

Of course if the ECB can control even the kind of match possibilities in Ireland, test status will always remain far away from Ireland. Of course the BCCI too will have their vote bank interests in mind.
At the end of the day, they are all the same.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 11 Feb 2013, 12:56 pm

Thanks for the feedback, gents.

Seems it has more of a deep rooted establishment than I initially thought. Still, very petty on the whole.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 11 Feb 2013, 1:04 pm

The ABC Commentary team will not be travelling to India to cover the Tests now.

Something about not getting the right approval. They were offered "VIP status" though... but since they would not be allowed to even give a wrap-up of each day's play... they told the 'establishment' "No thanks!"

Jim Maxwell (who kind of annoys me anyway) was doing his best not to sound disappointed at the situation.

Slightly off topic; I've just found this half-baked gem: http://www.pavilionopinions.com/2012/04/ponting-to-retire-and-run-for-pope.html

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 11 Feb 2013, 4:07 pm

picard

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:45 pm

Linebreaker wrote:The ABC Commentary team will not be travelling to India to cover the Tests now.

Something about not getting the right approval. They were offered "VIP status" though... but since they would not be allowed to even give a wrap-up of each day's play... they told the 'establishment' "No thanks!"

Jim Maxwell (who kind of annoys me anyway) was doing his best not to sound disappointed at the situation.

Slightly off topic; I've just found this half-baked gem: http://www.pavilionopinions.com/2012/04/ponting-to-retire-and-run-for-pope.html

Haven't come across it till now, what is the issue LB? the buggers want more money? Very unfortunate indeed. Any chance of a TMS like resolution? All India Radio provides such 3rd rate commentary these days anyways, and don't even send a team to the ground, even when the match is played in India.
On the larger point of the debate, that the BCCI is a big bad bully, I agree with everyone here, only that the others aren't much better, and that is one reason why they won't confront the other.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:19 pm

Linebreaker wrote:

On the same basis that the "horseburgers" in the Leics supermarket have been found to contain Richard III's steed... Rolling Eyes

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:36 am

msp83 wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:The ABC Commentary team will not be travelling to India to cover the Tests now.

Haven't come across it till now, what is the issue LB? the buggers want more money? Very unfortunate indeed. Any chance of a TMS like resolution? All India Radio provides such 3rd rate commentary these days anyways, and don't even send a team to the ground, even when the match is played in India.
On the larger point of the debate, that the BCCI is a big bad bully, I agree with everyone here, only that the others aren't much better, and that is one reason why they won't confront the other.

Yes, it's all about money apparently. Our "8c/day" doesn't quite cover what the BBCI was asking for. Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:26 am

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

On the same basis that the "horseburgers" in the Leics supermarket have been found to contain Richard III's steed... Rolling Eyes

He's practically my neigh bour

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 12:31 pm

Did they really prove it was his Romanians?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 12 Feb 2013, 12:57 pm

Yeah in as much as one can. The body was buried exactly where the historical sources said it would be, its the right date range, its the right age , he has a back defect, died in battle (including post mortem wounds) and there was a DNA match to living descendants.

Obvioulsy the BCCI would disregard this evidence as flawed and prefer Alim Dar to make a call based on what he didnt see during a split second he had his eyes shut.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:08 pm

I bet that back defect was due to his unorthodox treatment of those Bloody City Council Inspectors.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 14 Feb 2013, 2:28 pm

Seems the ABC radio debacle wasn't really down to the BCCI after all.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013/content/current/story/604850.html

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 14 Feb 2013, 10:29 pm

Dont tell me they submitted the wrong bank details?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 14 Feb 2013, 10:37 pm

msp83 wrote:Seems the ABC radio debacle wasn't really down to the BCCI after all.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013/content/current/story/604850.html

Test Match Sofa? Laugh

They can't be serious!

Here it's all free-to-air and I'm not sure how much we charge foreign broadcasters to call matches from here. Certainly not the $800,000 for 'use of facilities' on top of the $20,000/match which the BCCI was asking for.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down