The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Have An Awful Feeling That Mayweather Is Going To--

+7
Diamond in the rough
Atila
AlexHuckerby
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
TopHat24/7
Pedro147
davidemore
11 posters

Go down

I Have An Awful Feeling That Mayweather Is Going To--  Empty I Have An Awful Feeling That Mayweather Is Going To--

Post by davidemore Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:32 am

Fight Danny Garcia next.

Think about it for a minute.

The Ghost and Devon are perfect distractions, good hype names, but they do not sell, EVER. Money counts.

Garcia recently pulled out of his fight with an 'injury'.

Mayweather loves to fight lighter fighters.

Danny Garcia has all the hype out those three names. He is the one that is most notorious, mot popular.

Cinco De Mayo is a Mexican day. He got roots in the hispanic community.

GBP would love it and Danny would love it.

Mayweather would be able to come back at a lower risk yet still sell well on PPV.

Can you imagine Danny's nutty dad and Floyd going at it?

This is what i think will be announced in two weeks, honestly.

Thoughts?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

I Have An Awful Feeling That Mayweather Is Going To--  Empty Re: I Have An Awful Feeling That Mayweather Is Going To--

Post by Pedro147 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:36 am

Be even funnier to see Floyd senior and Garcia senior battle it out. The loser is the first person to ask how do you spell IQ.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

I Have An Awful Feeling That Mayweather Is Going To--  Empty Re: I Have An Awful Feeling That Mayweather Is Going To--

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:40 am

Have never agreeed with an emore thread more.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:51 am

Tbh Guerrero is a much bigger name than Garcia and draws more fans (by virtue of being Mexican). Garcia had hardly any fans, the Morales fight was a sell out because of Morales being who he is, as likewise Khan had the more fans in their fight and that fight did poor business only taking in just over $200k at the gate and had to let half of the tickets go for free

He also has officially rescheduled his Judah fight for April 27th so that'll be hard to wriggle out of as Judah won't go away without a large pay cut

Guerrero is a welterweight who is breaking into or is in most people top 10 fighters in the world and is his mandatory despite being extremely beatable, it makes too much sense for that fight not to happen

I would be desperately surprised if its Garcia or Alexander but its Mayweather so hey ho, we'll just have to wait

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 06 Feb 2013, 3:34 pm

Disagree.

Garcia has more hype around him, the Ghost barely sells. Barel been active too.

Wewill have to wait but do not be surprised if the fight happens.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 06 Feb 2013, 3:38 pm

Garcia isn't even Mexican. It won't happen.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 06 Feb 2013, 3:39 pm

So what, it can still happen and i believe will happen. One day...

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 06 Feb 2013, 3:53 pm

davidemore wrote:Fight Danny Garcia next.

Mayweather loves to fight lighter fighters.

Thoughts?
My thought on this is that Garcia isn't that much of a lighter fighter at all. Floyd doesn't seem to gain much if any weight after weighing in. By fight night they should be about equal weight I think.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 4:15 pm

Garcia is a LWW, and not that big a one, and Floyd fights at LMW - is 2 weight divisions difference not enough for you to consider him 'lighter'?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 06 Feb 2013, 4:25 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Garcia is a LWW, and not that big a one, and Floyd fights at LMW - is 2 weight divisions difference not enough for you to consider him 'lighter'?
Sorry, but I thought that Floyd was really a welterweight? He fought Cotto at 151lbs, which gives me the felling that he can easily make 147lbs. Floyd is still the WBC weleterweight champ isn't he?

As for Garcia, if anything I'd class him as a small welterweight as 19 of his 25 wins have come as he'd weighed in the welterweight limits.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 4:30 pm

He's a LMW and WW title holder. Agree I think he can easily make 147 for a Garcia fight, but can't see Garcia getting to 147 easily without bloating if it's his debut fight there. See the difference between the JMM that fought Floyd and the one that fought Pac the last 2 times.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Wed 06 Feb 2013, 4:49 pm

Mayweather could probably make 140

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 06 Feb 2013, 6:32 pm

Who are these lighter fighters?

Mayweather weighs in under 150lbs when fighting at light middleweight, the only man he's been bigger than is Marquez.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 6:35 pm

He started at 130...............

Suppose If Wilfredo Gomez had won a lightweight title.....This guy would be saying stopping picking on smaller fighters like Rosario!!! Doh

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Wed 06 Feb 2013, 7:09 pm

Except Marquez when was the last time he was the heavier fighter on the night

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 7:11 pm

Not the best effort of mine the last one....

Easy to forget that Mayweather started winning titles at 130.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:06 pm

PBF is an ATG, but man alive he makes it difficult to like him sometimes.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:10 pm

I don't judge Mayweather for picking fights like this. If I could fight someone for 50 million quid and be virtually assured of victory I wouldn't test myself either. Floyd has been doing this for years and will rightly be marked down as someone who has been selective with his opponents.

He probably couldn't care less either.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:16 pm

The man is a bum if he fights Devon, a stupid BUM!!!!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:28 pm

Yes he's a bum for fighting a current world champion, stop with the horrendous hyperbole.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:32 pm

I can understand the bum.....I don't expect any better..

But why the stupid??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:46 pm

Dunno, I just said it.

I can't be perfect all the time.

But I can try.

Mayweather needs to step up or step off the thrown. He is damaging boxings reputation and taking headlines from warriors like Kessler and Froch because he feels left out. Well, fight someone and shut up stupid face!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:53 pm

You really are a tedious fool, why not try discussing a subject without going over the top for once?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:56 pm

Imperial i am passionate and make valid points. Mayweather cannot stand to be out of the limelight, so he takes the shine off active warriors. Scumbag of a man. Great fighter.

He'll end up broke.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:59 pm

How is he taking the shine off of others, he announced he'll be fighting in May ages ago and is talking about a possible opponent, don't really think the likes of Kessler and Froch are on his mind at any point.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 06 Feb 2013, 10:50 pm

Will you and I ever agree, Imperial?

You're username is very white and elitist by the way, deliberate?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 06 Feb 2013, 10:57 pm

You go way too over the top for my liking.

You've outed me, i'm a racist snob.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 06 Feb 2013, 11:10 pm

I didn't say that. Look, you're probably having a bad day. Take some time, relax, don't stress. There's room on the boards for all of us. Sure, some will be more respected and valued, but don't we all find our place in life, in time?

Be happy Imperial. And try not to let my posts get to you, friend.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Fri 08 Feb 2013, 12:18 am

Garcia snr V Mayweather snr on the under card.

Man this muva ducka hard for an old man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yINeFX-SC4s

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down