The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Royal Rumble

+6
GSC
x12x
JamesLincs
MtotheC
sparxz
bretmeharty
10 posters

Go down

The Royal Rumble Empty The Royal Rumble

Post by bretmeharty Sat 26 Jan 2013, 9:22 pm

Ok so I'm the first to admit I've been a grouch with anything wrestling lately, but as the rumble draws closer I'm more then a little excited now,

I'm gonna take a guess that the title Is going to be stripped and put up as the prize for the rumble winner, which will add to the big time feel the match already creates year upon year, with the rock standing tall at the end.

Or my other guess is

They finally make a star of Ziggler and goes from coast to coast winning it then cashing in mitb within a week or two then subsequently meaning there would be multi man match for the world title at wrestlemania.

My only fear for the event Is if the rumble goes on before the WWE title match and cena wins it then that would put the result in no dought and rock would be champ.

I also have a feeling cena will win it because of the lack of tv time on raw he had this past Monday, to put him in many people's thoughts. I'm not so sure.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

The Royal Rumble Empty Re: The Royal Rumble

Post by sparxz Sat 26 Jan 2013, 9:49 pm

What about the idea, that The Undertaker is a surprise entrant to the Rumble and Wins, setting up WWE Match at Wrestlemania for his 'streak' to be 21-0, Also CM Punk wins and continues to win untill WM hence.

A streak must end, either Undertaker WM undefeated streak

Or

CM Punk record breaking title reign

Any thoughts on that?

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sat 26 Jan 2013, 10:16 pm

I really want punk to win and go on to face cena at mania with cena finally putting him over

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 26 Jan 2013, 10:42 pm

its strange that i'm not bored of punks title reign yet, 420 odd days and you would have expected it to have got slightly stale by now, i hope it goes on!

Its a testament not only to punk for his ability to keep it fresh but wwe having the bottle to commit to someone and ‘saying this is the guy we want to build the future around and we’re going to prove it’, which I think they deserve credit for

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sat 26 Jan 2013, 11:07 pm

has anyone actually turned heel/face while champion before? we have a very different punk at day 420 than we did at 1

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 26 Jan 2013, 11:27 pm

It would be nice to see WWE show that they want to build towards the future and not cater to the ego of Dwayne Johnson, he will never be a full time wrestler again so giving him the title in between his movies would be a kick in the teeth for the fans in my opinion, if you're going to give the title to someone then I believe that it should be another up and coming star who will be the future of WWE along with Punk.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Jan 2013, 11:27 pm

Punk got stale a while back.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 26 Jan 2013, 11:31 pm

GSC wrote:Punk got stale a while back.

I can't say I keep up to date with wrestling 100% now a days but I've always found him entertaining, I truly think he's one of the most entertaining people with the mic in the business, his whole "box with God" speech was one of the best moments in years. (imo)

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 26 Jan 2013, 11:34 pm

I'd agree if his whole persona the last half year hasn't been typical WWE heel coward champ.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 26 Jan 2013, 11:54 pm

xviperx wrote:It would be nice to see WWE show that they want to build towards the future and not cater to the ego of Dwayne Johnson, he will never be a full time wrestler again so giving him the title in between his movies would be a kick in the teeth for the fans in my opinion, if you're going to give the title to someone then I believe that it should be another up and coming star who will be the future of WWE along with Punk.

Don’t you think that Punks association with one of the greatest win or lose will help to put him over thus building him up as a star, regardless of rocks schedule his involvement adds some prestige to the tittle that they have worked hard over the last year to put credibility back into.

I don’t 100% agree with a rock win tomorrow night but if that does happen I wouldn’t say it’s about ego I’d say it has more to do with getting more eyeballs on the product thus increasing buy rates for wm and using his draw to help get others over. Cena, punk and the shield can or have benefit from Rocks involvement.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sun 27 Jan 2013, 12:09 am

punks been made to look too strong to win i think

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by imthemoz Sun 27 Jan 2013, 12:30 am

Said it on a few threads now I expect the title will be stripped off punk, and be put up for the rumble which I expect punk to win

imthemoz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 27 Jan 2013, 12:39 am

why would they do that and end punk regain by striping the title off him?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by imthemoz Sun 27 Jan 2013, 10:46 am

He goes on about consecutive days as champion, there wouldn't be another champion imbetween his reigns, just think it would be an interesting and exciting way to go, and a way to give the heel a strong show

imthemoz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 27 Jan 2013, 10:50 am

but it would as he is stripped it would count as a new reign.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by imthemoz Sun 27 Jan 2013, 10:59 am

"Four hundred and.... Days as your wwe champion"
That's all he keeps saying, he said it wouldn't be hot patato with the belt and it still wouldn't be, he could say how much vince wants the belt off him, but no one can even cheat him out of it "best in the world" yada yada yada...

I think it works... Ill be backing him at 25/1

imthemoz

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 27 Jan 2013, 6:13 pm

What about this for a situation:

Punk to retain the WWE title then win the rumble match, comes out next night saying he chooses to face himself at WM and therefore will not have a match at the ppv. Vince then says his title shot must be used and therefore will face the world heavyweight champion which by the time would be Ziggler who would have cashed in his MITB.

Thoughts?

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sun 27 Jan 2013, 6:56 pm

hodge wrote:What about this for a situation:

Punk to retain the WWE title then win the rumble match, comes out next night saying he chooses to face himself at WM and therefore will not have a match at the ppv. Vince then says his title shot must be used and therefore will face the world heavyweight champion which by the time would be Ziggler who would have cashed in his MITB.

Thoughts?

If that happens, the internet will explode.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 27 Jan 2013, 7:14 pm

Ziggler has to cash in on the WHC I believe.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 27 Jan 2013, 7:30 pm

GSC wrote:Ziggler has to cash in on the WHC I believe.

Ziggler would cash in on the WHC, say its still Del Rio after tonight. Ziggler would cash in say some time between tomorrow and elimination chamber ppv. point is Vince would tell Punk he has to use his rumble win on the world heavyweight title rather than his own WWE title and therefore sets up Punk Vs Ziggler.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 27 Jan 2013, 7:37 pm

Ah gotcha
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down